Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Found problem after build (Read 71 times)
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Found problem after build
02/14/15 at 07:53:42

Well the cover to the front pulley was not put on properly. Glad I caught it before putting alot of miles on it. I really didnt hear anything while riding but when shut off and walking it in the garage I heard the metal on metal sound.

The pulley doesnt appear warped and no damage to belt. From what I can tell anyway, is there anything I should look for in detail?

IMG_0399_001.JPG

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Re: Found problem after build
Reply #1 - 02/14/15 at 07:56:29

here was the culprit. Missing washer and the screw was tightened all the way down. Its not ideal but I was able to swag up same depth rubber washer combo and no more noise. Hopefully no serious damage.

IMG_0384.JPG

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 02/14/15 at 08:02:14

No problem.... the pulley metal is 10 times stronger than the soft side cover...
Yer' good ta' go... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 02/14/15 at 08:20:54

The culprit was holding the camera. Uh huh, I Said it... Yeah, when working on things that are new to us,we need to Not be taking things for granted. Sure, it looks all simple,and it IS simple,, but vibration damping stuff the engineer included might not be OUR first thought, so, DISassembly is when we need to be studying, and we hope that IF someone else has been in there, they did it right.
A painless lesson... let's not get into the lessons I'VE had that were not painless, though changing the bearings on an 18 wheeler axle and forgetting to put the oil in it and watching the tires,wheels and brake drum exit the vehicle and the trouble of getting the bearing race off and of course the REASON I forgot in the first place was that I was Very BUSY and didn't have time to be fixing mistakes...70+hour weeks were the norm for me.. ahhh yes,, you can learn something and Not really suffer.. use the moment to your best advantage.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #4 - 02/14/15 at 08:30:04

if I did the build this would have been the least of my problems lol I have 0 mechanical skills, my good friend did the build for me. But agree if it was me

<------- would have been the culprit

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/14/15 at 11:33:53

Well, I apologise for blaming the wrong guy. You hang out here and read the stuff that these guys are doing and, if you are willing I'll bet you start picking up on the basic stuff. Imagine going from
I can barely change the oil.
To
I can adjust the valves.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #6 - 02/14/15 at 13:43:28

that is my plan, space is limited now building workshop for my bike/bowyer stuff. then tools then time .... money money money.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 18:29:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Found problem after build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.