Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
National Cycle Dakota 3.0 Windshield (Read 36 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
National Cycle Dakota 3.0 Windshield
01/27/15 at 17:08:50

I'm slowly getting my scooter ready for spring time.  I recently added a National Cycle Dakota 3.0 windshield.  Today was my first real test ride and I was pleasantly surprised.  I put on a fairly big one that measures 20.5 inches (high) x 18.3 inches wide.  It really blocks the wind quite well and is sturdy.  I got the same mpg as I did with the oem wind shield and didn't notice any deficiencies until I hit 75mph.  With the small windshield I could reach low 80s pretty easily and with the bigger one it really didn't want to go more than 75.  The other thing I noticed was once at a cruising speed it seemed to maintain it a bit easier.  

I'm 5'9" and I could still see over the top without any difficulties.  All in all pretty darn good, and I would recommend it if someone was looking for a new one.  They also sell one that is 3 inches shorter with the same width.  Incidentally, it cost me $137 on Amazon.

Also, I added a sheep skin cover as well.  This is quite nice and well worth the $80.

I thought someone might appreciate a review.   Wink

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: National Cycle Dakota 3.0 Windshield
Reply #1 - 01/27/15 at 18:12:36

Somebody definitely does, me!
I am considering this same shield
How much better is the wind protection?
the price includes the hardware, right?
was it as much a no branier to install as the factory sheild? (looks much easier to get right that the dumb system Slipstreamer uses)
didja do a tutorial?  Grin

right now Mine has a 'borrowed' spitfire (about the same size as the zook unit)
it's a lot better than no sheild, but I still get a lot of pressure against the helmet

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 01/27/15 at 18:21:15

Sure, I'm happy to help.  The protection is enormously better.  There is no air hitting your shoulders or head.  The price includes the hardware.  It was a little bit more difficult to put on as opposed the oem; but, not too bad.  I can make a make a suggestion two from my experience that would make it a breeze for you.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #3 - 01/27/15 at 20:32:20

hopefully when I get my refund it'll still be $137 on amazon, i would much prefer the bigger sheild, evn if I lose a bit of top end
At 48 I value comfort more than speed  Grin
and suggestion will be more than welcome

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 01/27/15 at 21:46:18

Hopping across town, that shield sure won't be in the way. I dunno how such a big shield would hold the air and engine heat rolling slow.. but,at speed, I would expect the air Not beating on the chest, air Not buffeting the head and hearing,, I'd expect to ride further with less fatigue.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 16:36:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › National Cycle Dakota 3.0 Windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.