360K is alive! (Read 112 times)
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
360K is alive!
01/14/15 at 15:30:05

Hey gang,  just thot I'd check in, say hi, and let folks know I'm still here...  eh, or THERE is probably the better description.  A whole bunch-o-stuff kinda happened all at once in my life.  I sold my Savage, Beemer, and Honda, then packed up and moved 2500 miles from CA to Cartersville, GA., where I've been living for the past year.  Cartersville is about 50 mi NW of Atlanta. Anyway, I've got new bikes in my stable...   a Zuke C50, and a 950 V-Star.  Actually 380k is a more descriptive handle for me nowadays.  I bought the Zuke from a guy in Jasper with 6k on it then proceeded to add another 8k in about 10 months.  I've also put about 3k on the V-Star.   Anyway, since moving here I've done the Dragon, Cherohala, Moonshiner, and Blue Ridge Pkwy, and hooked up with a great local club called Liberty Riders.   OK, even tho I'm not a Savage rider anymore, just wanted to say hi to the old timers who might still remember me.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: 360K is alive!
Reply #1 - 01/14/15 at 15:44:25

360k+ wrote on 01/14/15 at 15:30:05:
I've done the Dragon, Cherohala, Moonshiner, and Blue Ridge Pkwy,

It doesn't get any better than the Cherohala Skyway.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 01/15/15 at 19:31:23

Haw there 360K  ,  Keep-up with when we're headed back to Dragon Country and surprise  Shocked us when we get there !    You know what to look for.   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 01/15/15 at 21:48:58

...and I thought 360k was your income... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #4 - 01/24/15 at 10:15:24

Thanks MMRanch, I might just surprise you guys up there.  And pgambr, you might want to reserve that judgement for AFTER you ride Hwy1 in CA and OR.

Anyway, the real reason I am chiming in here is I just got back home from a 1300 mile loop on my V-Star...   Perry, Panama City, Pensacola, FL, and Mobile, Birmingham, AL.   In Birmingham I went to the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Museum.   They have over 1200 bikes 90% of which are pristine and ready to ride.  It's almost like the Smithsonian of motorcycles.  Needless to say I was drooling.   I spent 5 hours, but am going back and spending a couple of days in the spring.  You can google the museum for more info.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 01/24/15 at 10:37:51

pg wrote on 01/14/15 at 15:44:25:
360k+ wrote on 01/14/15 at 15:30:05:
I've done the Dragon, Cherohala, Moonshiner, and Blue Ridge Pkwy,

It doesn't get any better than the Cherohala Skyway.  

Best regards,

Cherohala Skyway is the best fast sweeper road that there is -- and a right long one, too.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #6 - 01/24/15 at 16:54:45

The Cherohala is a dang nice piece-o-road and one of the best I have ridden, but I've done Hwy 1 on the west coast from San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico to the Arctic Circle in Alaska - 3,500 miles.   It's got a little of everything including some dang nice sweepers of its own.    Cool

However, pissing contest aside, if any of you guys are within 500 miles of Birmingham, AL you might consider a pilgrimage to see the Barber Museum.  It is truly something to behold, especially for you self wrenching types.   You won't see another single exhibit or collection that comes close, at least for motorcycles.  The building has 5 floors with hundreds of bikes on each level so be prepared to spend at least a whole day.  I would have stayed another nite and gone back a 2nd day, but a storm outta TX and LA was chasing me back to Atlanta.   I rode 1300 miles over 5 days with nary a drop of rain, but it was pouring within an hour after I got home - just squeaked in under the gun on that one!   Oh, and another thing, since moving to the south, when it rains, it ain't like CA rain - LOL.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 01/26/15 at 11:26:50

Last spring I rode over to Tellico Plains and met MMRanch and his brother Kent at a little restaurant.  We then headed up the Cherohola Skyway on our way to Deals gap.....and just as we started up out of the Plains an up the first hill......almost immediately had to stop and wait as there was an emergency vehicle blocking the road.  They had to use a Helicopter to take out an injured rider, he had run off the edge of the road and tumbled around in the ditch on his cruiser motorcycle.  I am not sure how long the road had been closed - but it had been a good while.  We all hope that he had a successful recovery.

Since the road had been closed for so long - all the traffic was gone ahead of us and it was smooth sailing all the way!  No campers or SUV's or motorhomes or trucks!  There was a Honda ST1300 with a husband and wife in the lead, some kind of Adventure-Touring bike behind them, a Harley Bagger next, then me, MMRanch and Kent.  We rode the entire thing really briskly, not stop....I was amazed how close that Bagger got the bags to the pavement but never rubbed a single time.  It was really nice to be able to ride the entire length.

I have never been on Highway 1.....maybe someday soon! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #8 - 01/26/15 at 14:02:41

Hi Dave, did you eat at the Kats Deli?   Its just east of Tellico a few miles past the gas station and 1/2 mile past the Harley shop on the Cherohala.  They kinda specialize in sandwiches and you can eat out on back porch next to the river.

A couple of guys in my new club ride ST1300s, and we also have 2 Busa's.  Those bikes are hard to beat in the super twisties with good riders.  One of my neighbors out here just traded in his S1000RR beemer (193hp) for a new 2015 model.  They upped the HP to 199 on the new model.   He says he had taken his old one up past 200mph a few times "just to see what it like".

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 01/27/15 at 03:18:34

Yep, it was Katz Deli.  We had a great lunch, got to watch the fish in the stream, and had a nice relaxed visit.

The lead fellow on the ST1300 with the woman on the back was really a good rider.  We had trouble keeping him in sight.  If that had been me driving and my wife on the back....it would have required surgery to remove her fingernails from my ribs.  I am often amazed at how well some folks ride....I think I am cornering near the limit....and they can corner faster riding double!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 01/27/15 at 06:56:14

Hey 360k!

I just jumped ship from the savage as well. I have already posted about my trip on the Trace from Jackson MS to Nashville TN and then we rode down to Bham with intents on going to the museum. This is the first i have heard of this Ch... road. Time to hit google up I guess.

I also went V-star .. 1100 Classic, been kinda a money pit but a great ride. Wife got the V-Star 600.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #11 - 01/27/15 at 08:36:24

Hi Pine,  have you ever had a pig ear sandwich at the Big Apple in Jacksonville?   That's on my list.  They say it's the ultimate "bacon sandwich".  In fact, I have a club ride planned with a loose Elvis theme; Tupelo, Memphis, Jackson, New Orleans, Mobile, and Barbers in Bham.

Interesting about your 1100 V-Star.  My neighbor bought one for a "good deal" and has put more $$$ into the bike in parts and work than he paid for it!!!   I think his is a 2003 that he got for $1500, but it has popping and missing problems, and terrible gas mileage.   I've had 2 Venture Royales and the diaphrams in the carbs crack and leak, then have to be replaced every few years.   If the 1100 uses these same carbs, I would imagine that is his problem.  BTW, I really REALLY like my 950 V-Star!  It's my 13th MC and I'd put it in the top 3 or 4.  For a cruiser it handles well, is comfortable, and gets 60+mpg.  Mine is the tour model with factory bags and windshield, but I replaced the stock shield with Cee Bailey's biggest one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 17:44:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › 360K is alive!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.