Death and Maiming (Read 85 times)
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Death and Maiming
01/07/15 at 01:44:45

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Death and Maiming
Reply #1 - 01/07/15 at 03:58:40

Yep, it works.......and it is a perfect example of what happens when you ride twice the speed of normal traffic.  It also has examples of why I will never lane split.....ever.  That one fellow that crashed into the side of the large truck and got his bike under the truck tires.....was very, very lucky that he was not run over.

I saw a video yesterday on the Ninja forum, and it is a fatality.  The rider was going 97 mph, and he was going about twice the speed of the cars that were obeying the speed limit.   A car turned in front of him at an intersection, and he had no time to react except for saying "OH!"....his last words.  The video is a bit confusing to watch, as the cars are on the opposite side of the road from what we drive in the US.  The person in the car was ruled to have some portion of the guilt, as the courts ruled that he was negligent and he ended up being charged, lost his license for 18 months, and had to do community service - but the bike rider was also guilty of going 37 mph over the speed limit, and he failed to be careful at an intersection, and he is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvzgfmLkIY

I have been watching a lot of Russian videos on YouTube lately....those fellows are crazy, and pretty darn durable.  The majority of the crashes result from folks driving twice the speed of the other cars, and folks at intersections just don't see the motorcycle coming as they are hidden behind the other traffic...the folks making the turns don't know that a motorcycle is going to be flying past the other cars at a high rate of speed.

I keep watching these videos as a reminder that riding motorcycles can be dangerous - we need to ride under control and be careful.  And watch out for the cars that for one reason or another.....just don't know you are also on the road with them.

« Last Edit: 01/07/15 at 05:10:45 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 01/07/15 at 05:00:30

Yea I don't feel bad for any of the morons that speed and or drive recklessly with no regard for other people's safety when they get hurt, it bothers me when normal people get caught in their path of carelessness. I'm sure we've all done things we shouldn't have with a motor vehicle, but the people who choose to make it a life style or hobby to be as reckless as they can be and try to push the envelope is borderline sinister.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 01/07/15 at 13:31:18

Lots of those videos posted are for bragging rights..." look how crazy I was driving!"
The ones were they die are rarely posted..... because they aren't around to post them.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 01/07/15 at 13:43:15

The Russian videos come from the fact that folks need the cameras as an "alibi" in case of an accident.  The information I found on the web is that the courts and insurance companies make it difficult for you to collect on a claim without proof you did not cause the accident.  They also claim the dash cam has cut down on the scams and beatings!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 01/07/15 at 17:28:58

I think their is a lot merit to that Dave, it seems like it is more than common place.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 01/07/15 at 19:16:03

If might had survived if he learned that "when someone comes at you to your left, you want to go right."

WWW   IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #7 - 01/08/15 at 18:10:10

I don't condone anyone driving anything twice the speed of traffic but there's no sympathy from you guys for that poor fellow that lost his life. It's sad that it happened and it's a good lesson for the rest of us to always be careful and aware. Like the saying goes, "ride like they're out to kill you, because they are".  I ride at the speed limit and always keep looking for anything and everything that moves in my peripheral vision. You sort of have to predict what might happen next.

Ride safe!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:24:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Death and Maiming

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.