Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looks goofy, butttt.... would you buy one? I might (Read 107 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Looks goofy, butttt.... would you buy one? I might
01/07/15 at 21:48:55

Seen a product while searching for motorcycle turn signals... still haven't found the ones I bought for mine and I dislike the ones on the wife's bike, not bright enough for my satisfaction.
Besides.... i'm thinking a different setup for the my bike and was looking for interesting alternatives..

This is what I found, and it is wireless... so batteries are involved...don't know how bright or how long it would last, but a night it might prove at least visable, as an added protection for her.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Helmet-Stop-Brake-Light-LED-w-Turn-Signal-...

Also ran across a plug and play replacement for the standard signals.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Show-Chrome-LED-Turn-Signal-Conv-Kit-Rear-Fits-Suzuki...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Looks goofy, butttt.... would you buy one? I m
Reply #1 - 01/07/15 at 22:01:57

Freaks me out... Huh...

I'm considering it for the front of my helmet... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 01/07/15 at 23:09:43

the leds require a new flasher or load resistors

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/08/15 at 04:02:37

You can be sure the helmet light will be pretty much worthless in the daytime when the sun is shining.  Most of the small bulb type LED's just don't put out enough light to be visible.  However it says there is a 30 day guarantee.....so if it doesn't work out all you have invested is the return shipping cost.

I have been behind motorcycles that have aftermarket LED turns signals or tail lights on their bikes, and I have learned that the majority of the LED replacements are far less effective than the conventional bulb lights the owners took off.  Getting aftermarket LED turn signals that are actually bright enough to be seen is tough.  Most of the LED turn signal options that are not DOT approved are just not going to keep you safe out in the real world.  The very affordable Chinese made stuff it just not bright enough to be effective in the sunlight.  You can see the light is working in the daylight if you are looking at it - but it is not going to get the soccer mom or texting teens attention if they are not looking directly at you.  I have also been behind some expensive custom Harley's, and the LED tail lights and turn signals they had installed were very bright and could get the attention of a distracted driver.  If you are going to change the turn signals.....you might as well get something that is bright enough to work as well as the stock turn signal.

Folks are taking the stock turn signals off their new bikes all the time, and these are very bright DOT approved turn signals.  You are skilled enough that you could easily adapt these to your bike.  Look at other bikes and find a turn signal you like - then go to eBay and see what you can find.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 01/08/15 at 08:38:26

Oh i'm looking for some very specialized shapes for my project....

I do know about the ebay crappy ones...I have purchased some over the last 3-4 years.... but the ones I have on mine are very bright.... I just can't find the sales slip or ones on ebay to match.

I might actually end up taking mine off my bike and put on her's because mine are really bright and I will be putting on something different on my "project build".

I seen the helmet thing and thought it would be a good "add-on" for her when she works late.... as it is now she has morning shift, so it would help on the way in to town. Of course its below 70, so she don't ride... LOL....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 01/08/15 at 08:39:42

thumperclone wrote on 01/07/15 at 23:09:43:
the leds require a new flasher or load resistors

Yup, I purchased this one... its round and two pin like the savage..... i'll let ya'll know if it works. Its on the slow boat from china, soooo it will be a while....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371010097169?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=...

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #6 - 01/09/15 at 05:06:40

The 2 prong electronic flashers are available at all auto parts stores for usually around $10.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
TrevorKlein

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 01/09/15 at 09:15:56

Chinese Stuff are always like that

IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #8 - 01/09/15 at 10:15:10

I bought it one a while back. Procrastinated and never hooked up the sending unit. It did look a little goofy, but not hideous on the helmet. Eventually took it off though because my wife would bump into it if she was riding passenger and wasn't paying attention. I think it would be excellent as a SUPPLEMENTAL turn signal and brake light for night time. Won't do squat during daytime though, just like Dave mentioned. I may get around to hooking it up someday. I'm all about visibility at night.

The flashing feature is neat though.

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:19:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Looks goofy, butttt.... would you buy one? I might

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.