Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
SUPERnew NEWBIE- No Headlight- Horn-fuses ok (Read 370 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: SUPERnew NEWBIE- No Headlight- Horn-fuses ok
Reply #15 - 03/10/15 at 15:11:56

Evidently your camera isn't working either....I don't seen any photo.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 03/10/15 at 15:16:01

LS650THUMPER wrote on 03/09/15 at 17:35:28:
I have a '05....With bike running, I have noticed my headlight and front running lights will go out when I turn the handle bars and start to ride. If I wiggle the wiring under the right side of tank the lights will come back on.... Seems like the connection must be corroded or something like that. The wiring looks like it heads to the right grip control. Any info/ideas welcome. Ty all. Cool

I had the same problem till my lights quit working all together.  I had to cut / splice 3 wires so they would by-pass the connector.  I shrink wrapped them as well.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/10/15 at 15:16:41

Yeah I know!  I got the file on screen....but no dice on the attach and upload...fricken iPad! The pic is of a silver cylinder barrel thing that kinda looks like a top hat...sit in the empty "V" space under the seat ...the innition is just to the left on the outside if yr sitting on the bike

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 03/10/15 at 15:22:16

only silver hat thing I know of under the seat is the starter relay, but that should have a rubber beanie on it.  Or at least some big wires coming out of it.

or did they add a tip over switch?

WWW   IP Logged
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 03/10/15 at 15:47:52

[img][/img] here's the pic....( duh, I went to the FORUMS how to post a pic).  I'm learning!

IP Logged
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/10/15 at 15:49:06

Geez...or NOT!!!  I'll try something else!

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #21 - 03/10/15 at 16:44:04

You may need to crop your picture to get the correct file size for posting here, file size is just over 2mb from memory, but I'm frequently wrong.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Starter relay
Reply #22 - 03/10/15 at 17:00:36

Thanks, but im pretty sure its cuz im on an iPad.....it doesnt DO normal PC  stuff...everything is backwards. No mouse / keyboard functions. As far as the Top Hat looking thing to the right of the ignition under the seat, LOGIC tells me it IS the starter relay....we took the wires off , cleaned em, put back and the horn , headlight and brake light worked ONLY WHEN I TURNED TO THE RIGHT....Also before we did the wiggle n tap routine there was no  " click" sound when turning the key on/off / park...after we did all the "dinking" it would click when the key engaged the engine LIKE IT SHOULD."..After all was said and done tho and the seat was put back etc....no power to that circut..still have blinkers and flashers and tank lights and tail lights.... Roll Eyes TnG

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 03/10/15 at 22:20:39

Going back to this post..... if you lose everything turning right... check any connection under the tank that pulls the cables from either handlebar.  The headlight, horn and blinker are on the left, if you turn your bike to the right doesn't it stretch the cable and possibly unplug or jiggle the connections to it..??  That's my two cents...

Dave wrote on 01/04/15 at 16:41:45:
If nothing on the left handlebar electric control works (horn, headlight, turn signals)....then I would suspect the harness plug has just come loose.  You might be able to wiggle a hand in between the tank and frame and wiggle the connector.  It will be on the left hand side of the bike, very near where the fuel tank mount on the front inside of the tank is located.  

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 03/12/15 at 08:17:46

Tried that. Took the grip cover off , took the tank off , seat off, followed all the connections and wires throughout and connector, disconnected where appropriate and cleaned w/ a tiny little dental brush...I ALMOST, undid  the FACTORY TAPE and was going to start looking for frayed wire, HOWEVER, THATS when my Bro did the tap' nothing on the STARTER RELAY and the HEADLIGHT, etc....stated to work.....only problem only worked if I was TURNING RIGHT! Then once we took in out, cleaned it off, it was intermittent AT BEST. THEN, once back in and all the seat etc back on....circuit was dead again.....My question AT THIS POINTIS....why would the STARTER RELAY affect that circut, and also ...should I take it to the SUZUKI DEALER AND USE MY WARRANTY, which mind you , I can't TELL THEM I've been dinking around under there, so my bike MAY BE GONE A WHILE. As I understand it, bike gear heads don't make squat on warranty work, so there isn't gonna be a real HURRY TO DO IT. OR should I just order a new relay? DISCUSS!
Roll Eyes T&G

IP Logged
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 03/12/15 at 08:19:21

Oh! And my TURN SIGNALS WORK! Cheesy
T&G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #26 - 03/13/15 at 08:35:02

If you have repaired the broken turn signal, and you have a warranty...take the bike in and get it fixed.

You might explain that turning the bars helps - but let them work on it a bit and see how it goes.  Even if they have it for a little while....you can't ride it now.....so the end result is the same.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 03/13/15 at 13:19:26

True Dat! Take n Her in on Monday!
Thanks everyone for your input! Keep ta posted!
     T&G

IP Logged
LS650THUMPER

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ma
Reply #28 - 07/08/15 at 19:17:43

Ok found out my headlight, turn signal, rough  running issue was a LOOSE NEGATIVE BATTERY CONNECTION.... With a twist of the screw driver ...problem solved.  Check yours. Maybe that simple. Best wishes.  Cool

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #29 - 07/08/15 at 22:34:46

ToYnGrL wrote on 03/10/15 at 15:49:06:
Geez...or NOT!!!  I'll try something else!

For future reference, you can load your photo onto photobucket.com or wherever and you can just paste the link for the photo in your posts.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:20:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SUPERnew NEWBIE- No Headlight- Horn-fuses ok

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.