Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Guess what!!! (Read 273 times)
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Re: Guess what!!!
Reply #15 - 12/01/14 at 23:23:41

Eh, I'll throw this in the ring and see what happens.
Frankly, I don't care what anyone believes or doesn't believe; I'll respect it, but I really don't care. As long as you don't force your beliefs on me and respect what I think, the feeling will be mutual.
This is one of my favorite quotes...

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”
(Buddha)

Basically, as long as you're not hurting yourself or others, do whatever you want. Smiley
I say this to all of my students and it really smooths over lots of stuff.
Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 12/02/14 at 04:01:23

I can appreciate what you shared Jeff and believe your good intentions as such, but look here: Basically, as long as you're not hurting yourself or others, do whatever you want.
I say this to all of my students and it really smooths over lots of stuff

What if another says by believing as you do, is hurting them.....
Do you change your belief?

Can your students reject your sharing without you judging them in your heart?

Many say there are no absolutes......I guess they stop at trying to understand at what they say they believe.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

Reply #17 - 12/02/14 at 08:49:37

What happens with my students is that is shows them that I accept who they are (art students; all a little weird.  Cheesy  ) and my focus is on giving them the information to succeed in their projects. I've had sooooo many different religions in my class and 99% of the time they all get along.
Had a student who said she could never do anything with people who haven't accepted Jesus in their heart. (Serious Southern Belle) Had 2 Muslims, a Buddhist, several atheists and a Sikh in that class. (The Sikh was hilarious!!!!) She judged EVERYBODY! A girl in class then said something along the lines that she has going to have a hard time in life.
If I'm "hurting" them based on my belief (or lack thereof), they need to get their priorities straight. Smiley
I don't judge them...except those people who are born again and dance with snakes, that's just weird. Wink
I don't know the answers of the universe and never state to them that I do. I let them know that there have always been questions of where we are from, why are we here etc... I even have a lecture about it that is non-judgemental, talks about cave art, the human nature and such.
Basically I'm like, "Believe in Jesus? Good for you! Believe in reincarnation? Rock on! Worship Shiva and Vishnu? Go for it! Don't believe in anything? No problem! Don't want to do your art projects in order to pass? PROBLEM!"  Cool
Jeff

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #18 - 12/02/14 at 13:26:48

Sounds like Jeff is a follower of Heinlein. (or at least kinda likes the things he wrote)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

Reply #19 - 12/02/14 at 13:58:48

Never heard of him. I know what Heineken is though! Cheesy
I am a writer so maybe that counts. (Irony is that I write about the Amish...)
Jeff

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #20 - 12/02/14 at 14:05:38

Jeff71 wrote on 12/02/14 at 13:58:48:
Never heard of him. I know what Heineken is though! Cheesy
I am a writer so maybe that counts. (Irony is that I write about the Amish...)
Jeff

Oh.. wow... never heard of Robert A Heinlein??  Shocked
http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/205.Robert_A_Heinlein

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

Reply #21 - 12/02/14 at 14:19:50

Nope. I don't get out that much. Smiley
Jeff

IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

Reply #22 - 12/02/14 at 14:26:46

I just noticed you're in San Antonio. We were down there earlier this year. Went to Comfort, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Austin, found Kreuz market by accident in Lockhart (YUM!) and we saved a baby goat on Eastbound 290! We loved it down there! Cool
Jeff

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #23 - 12/03/14 at 20:24:04

I already miss reading JOG's posts.  I liked coming home from work and seeing what I missed on the TT.   Undecided

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #24 - 12/04/14 at 03:31:39

Jeff71 wrote on 12/02/14 at 14:26:46:
I just noticed you're in San Antonio. We were down there earlier this year. Went to Comfort, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Austin, found Kreuz market by accident in Lockhart (YUM!) and we saved a baby goat on Eastbound 290! We loved it down there! Cool
Jeff

Next time you come down this way, bring the motorcycle!! You probably saw some pretty fine roads for riding while you were here.
Lots of good BBQ spots in these parts.  Kreuz is .. OK.  When in Lockhart, I prefer to go to Blacks.

Save the goat.. for use in a Cabrito Burger later!!!  Cheesy
http://www.macandernies.com/

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #25 - 12/04/14 at 05:08:22

youzguyz wrote on 12/04/14 at 03:31:39:
Jeff71 wrote on 12/02/14 at 14:26:46:
Jeff

Next time you come down this way, bring the motorcycle!! You probably saw some pretty fine roads for riding while you were here.
Lots of good BBQ spots in these parts.  Kreuz is .. OK.  When in Lockhart, I prefer to go to Blacks.

Save the goat.. for use in a Cabrito Burger later!!!  Cheesy
http://www.macandernies.com/

Wuzzat, a scottish restaurant ? Mac Andernie's ?  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 12/04/14 at 05:29:55

pg wrote on 12/03/14 at 20:24:04:
I already miss reading JOG's posts.  I liked coming home from work and seeing what I missed on the TT.   Undecided

Mighty kind of you.. I'm gonna be in the cafe some,Rsd,, I'll stop by and look here, but I just Can't Make myself listen to any of the Information Shows I couldn't live without a year ago... Once I saw what Else is Really Going On I was drawn to It above all else.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

Reply #27 - 12/04/14 at 23:43:15

Hey mpe, we went to Kreuz as it was the first one we saw. Drove past Blacks going through town later. HUGE line! We just missed the rush at Kreuz as the line was out the door when we were leaving. I love me some good BBQ!
The little goat was probably only a week old and had gotten out of the fence. It's a long story but I haven't run that fast or that far in years. We got him (or her) herded down a farm driveway and the lady there called the owner up the hill that one of his goats was coming. Cute little thing! I used up all my good karma that day!
Jeff

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #28 - 12/05/14 at 17:38:07

JOG - wish you well. It is easy to fall in love, and I have always thought that finding God or faith was really falling in love.  If can keep your love burning it will make you blissful, which is a close cousin to happy.  Worrying about conspiracy is like shadowboxing, great exercise but futile if you simply want to hit something. Be well, be kind. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #29 - 12/10/14 at 12:10:28

Ive given a bit more thot to how I explained myself here,, and I just left this in the other forum Ive been frequenting. Some of it doesnt apply to this bunch, but a lot does, and youll all now which parts, I hope.. Im Not Gone, but my Focus is Much changed..
Cast your cares on the Lord,,, Dunno where it is, but it IS,,

and, heres the C&P,,

My participation has obviously dropped, fewer threads initiated, fewer replies.. Not because anyone offended me or left me feeling defeated, but because Ive changed what I see as a worthy investment of my time. For a long time, I was here because I was simply too weak and sickly to get outside, so, I pored over things, hunting for info that I thot would be food for thot, maybe change some perspectives.. I only know of one whose eyes changed at all,, BUT,, It wouldnt matter, really, had Every eye changed,, I dunno,, maybe,, some,, BUt,, didnt happen,, And, a NEED in me just wouldnt shut up. And someone Ive known for years was willing to come out and spend time and answer questions and show me things in the Bible. And he brought CD's,, I listened while I piddled in the shop. Interest grew, knowledge and understanding grew and continue ,, Ive Always KNown there was something unaddressed in my Heart, but didnt know How to understand it or deal with it, so, I kept sweeping it under the rug. Anyway,, I recently learned I was Seriously Wrong in
one important area,, Id heard, as Im sure we all have
Be wise as serpents, and innocent as doves.

Well,, I, being just a man, took that and decided Wisdom and ignorance Can Not reside in the same skull. Aaaaand I went about trying to grasp the whole of the evil so I,, so I,I,I,, could deal with it,,, WELL,, Guess WHAT!?? I,, I,, I,,

Am NOT My Shepherd, AND, Psalms 91 puts Me and Mine in a place of safety, security and prosperity, prosperity NOT being JUST currency, but ALL the Goo Gifts of God..
And, That being true, I dont NEED to know how to protect myself from the world system and whatever criminals are running things,, THAT Is subject to change and I am, for the first time in many years, seeing a glimmer of hope in that direction.. BUT, Im not gonna analyze, I WILL pray for our leaders..

I know of only one place, First Timothy 2, 1-3 where we are told to pray First for our leaders.. But, One place in the Bible telling us that in our prayer life, that One Thing comes First? REally? Well,, as much as I question things,, here, I just accept it as
what it is.
C&P from Franklin Graham, who isnt exactly editorializing,, just putting the point on it.

Interceding for those in authority is not an option. It is a biblical command that we are to obey. “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty” (1 Timothy 2:1-2, KJV).

Here is scripture that illustrates where Ive been wrong in my focus,, somehow believing I,, I,, I was to protect and provide for me and mine By Seeing and understanding the threats,, I conclude,, I,, I,, I,, Am Not my shepherd

King James Bible
For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

So,, Im done with a LOT of what I was looking at. I will continue to point out obviously flawed thinking, sometimes. Moz's picture of people with their heads in the sand to somehow pretend it isnt HE who has HIS head in the sand, denying the ever constant change in climate and continuing to pretend that by paying carbon taxes and selling rights to pollute to those whose installations are nasty by those whose installations are not so nasty will somehow make our impact on the climate somehow mitigated and corrected.. its laffable,, Its a SCAM,, And requires very little in the way of connecting dots to conclude,, However, the religion has its followers and like other cults, they are zealots to the end..

But, THIS topic, should any care to engage, I just MAY be willing to post in, up to the Pearls before swine part, which is when Ill stop dealing with those whose minds are made up and are still just awaitin for that tornado to hit the junkyard and see sparkling new Cadillacs sitting all in a row,,
So, Ill be around, some, but, my focus is changed. I, I, I, am changed.. To the point that people who work in places I frequent have seen it, made mention of it and how Im treated is different,

Believe in God or dont,, BUT, Im telling you, He IS and what the Bible says IS true..
It has taken me far too long to actually decide to spend the time to REALLY dig into it, but, now that I have, Im seeing life changes,, in me, my family and just How stuff Happens on a day to day basis. Blessings,, seen, acknowledged, sanctified and appreciated. His blessings fall on everyone.. even the unbelievers, its when we SEE them as the blessings they ARE and sanctify God in them and acknowledge Him as the source of the blessings that our ability to see them gets sharper, and,, Ohh, well,, Ive been digging in this for months, explaining it in a post isnt possible. For some, explanation isnt needed, for some, no explanation will do BUT,, for some,, well,, hopefully an eye will open.

May God Bless and keep you all and open eyes and soften hearts.

J.O.G.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:12:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Guess what!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.