Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dilemma - I'm sure I'm not the First (Read 265 times)
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Re: Dilemma - I'm sure I'm not the First
Reply #15 - 11/08/14 at 22:48:26

Skip the H-D if she's just going with "image".
Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
eruby
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Upstate South Carolina, USA
Reply #16 - 11/10/14 at 09:21:37

Thanks Blinky and Dave (and all the rest) for your comments. Blinky when I think about how I am using the bike today, the Savage is best. This is probably why I still love it. If I start using it more for longer trips or different things and it no longer meets the needs, I probably will start to dislike it and start looking for something else but for now it's meeting all my needs. And Dave, I have never been the Izod shirt/country club guy. Thanks for reminding me.

You folks are all great. Think I'll stick around some and see what else I might learn. Thanks for the help and keep the shiny side up.

2000 Savage
Raptor Petcock Upgrade
#7 Stopper Seat Lift
Otherwise Stock
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 11/10/14 at 10:48:37

eruby wrote on 11/10/14 at 09:21:37:
You folks are all great. Think I'll stick around some and see what else I might learn. Thanks for the help and keep the shiny side up.

Ya know....we are going to be in the N.C. & Tenn. area twice in 2015.....and you live close enough to ride up and visit.  In fact......MMRanch and I ended up in S.C. for a little bit on our Dragon Ride last summer.  You need to come up and do some riding with us!

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1413696547

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1415103358

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Reply #18 - 11/10/14 at 12:19:09

Show her this... Grin

Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 11/12/14 at 08:11:39

The simplicity of it all is amazing. IF you had No input from anyone, No one said a word about the bike you are riding, would that bike make YOU happy? If the answer is no, then get something that does what YOU want. If you want faster, get faster. If you want more dependable, get that, if you want more MPG, get that.. BUT, If YOURE satisfied with how it handles, how you feel runnin that thing thru a curve and youre okay with the MPG and maintenance, then Thats the bike for YOU,, Dont yield to peer pressure. If someone wants you to ride something else, let them put it in your driveway.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #20 - 11/27/14 at 21:45:22

I recently added a Yamaha XS 11 to my stable, thinking it'd be better for the long freeway rides I make (it is basically a touring bike)
Y'know what? I'd rater toodle along at 65 or so on the S40, so it's about to get some love
The Yamahammer I may fix up and sell, or just sell
Now if it was a big V twin cruiser I might have a different reaction, as I never really liked I4s all that much, but mostly it's just a big ass bike I feel small on, the S40 is more friendly
One day I may get that V star 950 I was oggling, or an M50, but nothing bigger, I think, will ever grace my collection again

IP Logged
eruby
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Upstate South Carolina, USA
Reply #21 - 04/06/15 at 13:47:11

Folks, Thanks for all the great input. I ended up giving in. Embarrassed I found a great deal on a Yamaha V Star 1100 Silverado. The 1100 is more of a mid-size. I've had both bikes since December and one just had to go. The V Star is a vey smooth riding bike. I feel comfortable with it on the curvy back roads as well as the highway. I sold my Savage about 2 weeks ago. I have to say this forum is much better than any of the V Star forums I have found so far. You folks are a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure the new owner of my bike will find this site as useful as I did.

Ride on and stay safe. Smiley

2000 Savage
Raptor Petcock Upgrade
#7 Stopper Seat Lift
Otherwise Stock
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia