Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #435 - 04/14/15 at 08:19:46

Well ???

I have a longer first day than you do , ... But ... right now the sun is shinning !  Smiley

What if # 1. ....  If its just pouring rain Thursday morning,  I've got a low to the ground 4'x8' trailer and my car still gets 30 mpg pulling it.   so   I could drive to your house thursday and pick you up.  

What if #2. ....  The weather forcast don't look any better but its not raining here.   I put on the complete rain suit (shoes included) and crank-up the blackberry.  Smiley  and just GO !  Roll Eyes

I'll P.M. ya my home phone now.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #436 - 04/14/15 at 10:05:19

According to accuweather.com the weekend is looking good in Kerrville and even a bit chilly in the mornings down to the low 50's afternoons low to upper 70's. Heck, I'm wondering if I should get my leather jacket back out. Accuweather forecast thunderstorms today for Houston and that is what we have. They are forcasting the same for Friday. Hopefully the T-storms won't start till around ten like today or later and will give me and those passing through here a chance to be out of the area by the time it hits.

MMRanch and Old Timer, if I had a trailer I would probably trailer the bike jsut to avoid this rain and make better time. Good luck gentlemen. I look forward to seeing ya'll soon.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #437 - 04/14/15 at 13:00:46

I'm showing a 40% chance of rain in Columbus friday morning going up to 60% in the evening
If I repair the trailer light wiring on the Ranger i could probably borrow a trailer
problem then becomes where to park all the trailers?
I can stick my bike in the bed, not sure how big Springman's bike is though, might be hard to get 2 tied down properly?
then there's the problem of loading / unloading, not knowing if there's any handy ramps available near the campsite
*sigh* maybe I shouldn't have signed on, any time I make M/C plans anymore it brings the rain lol
last 3 bikes I bought, every time I buy accessories, etc, alway frigging rains  Undecided
this is the reason I bought gear, but it still sucks riding in crappy weather

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #438 - 04/14/15 at 13:27:17

did we ever get the address for the park we're stying in during the ride?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #439 - 04/14/15 at 13:37:24

3rd star from the right, straight on till morning.

2385 Bandera Highway, Kerrville, TX

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #440 - 04/14/15 at 13:44:33

verslagen1 wrote on 04/14/15 at 13:37:24:
3rd star from the right, straight on till morning.

2385 Bandera Highway, Kerrville, TX

Better known locally as Highway 173

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.0104052,-99.1306085,13z

I'll be printing up route maps and such some time this week so we can review Friday night maybe.
If nothing else, I will email out the map to get you from the Mini-Cabin to where I will be meeting you on Saturday morning.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #441 - 04/14/15 at 14:02:40

Thanks Art. I appreciate the trailer offer. I am still keeping my fingers crossed and praying we have dry weather. My bike is stock, no windshield, no sissy bar, no nada ... whoops, except the "roll bar" in front of the engine. I don't know what they call that.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #442 - 04/14/15 at 14:05:02

Would it be possible to pop a wheelie off the truck bed?!?! Welllllll, maybe not a good idea. Sure does sound cool though.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #443 - 04/14/15 at 14:11:57

I lifted my S40 out of a truck bed, front wheel aimed at the stars
That,s as close to wheelying it out of a truck bed as I want to get lol
those bars are called case guards, or crash bars
they're great for putting highway pegs on

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #444 - 04/14/15 at 15:09:38

springman wrote on 04/14/15 at 14:05:02:
Would it be possible to pop a wheelie off the truck bed?!?! Welllllll, maybe not a good idea. Sure does sound cool though.

Not that I have ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01KDKkxFwnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-JpoCXfNA4

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #445 - 04/14/15 at 15:17:16

Like I said, maybe not a good idea. That was too much!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #446 - 04/14/15 at 15:21:27

And thanks for helping me with the name, crash bars. Yep, I knew that's what they are, was just having a senior moment.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #447 - 04/14/15 at 16:19:50

No problem, I have lots of those  Grin

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #448 - 04/14/15 at 17:00:11

Well, yesterday I found out that my camo gortex top leaks during my rain ride.... today during my torrential downpour hurricane prep ride (it was scary!) I found out my Harley Davidson bottoms leak....
I will be using my gortex camo bottoms and my hi-vis HD top, GOOD TO GO!  except I will have to dry out my gloves somehow... they still turn my hands black when wet, even a year later! Smiley
Oh... and the valve cover is SEALED!... no oil leaks..... might have one valve a little loose... or it might be that cam foot that has a little crease line. Sad
So i'll be bringing the savage! I'm going to ride it too....I have figured the best combo to wear while riding to stay dry, and the helmet to wear to keep the best vision.
However....if it is raining cats and dogs.... I will most likely put it in the back of the truck, as I have a stand there now, bolted down and ready, I also have a couple of aluminum ramps rated at 700lbs. or higher...don't remember exactly.
I will most likely find me a ditch and load it that way, as I DISLIKE using the ramps on my truck because it sits rather high.
Me'n MMR have our addresses and secret squirrel code rings, so we know how to send our messages to each other..
If you want to contact someone or keep them in the know (like the big cheese of the run youzguyz) send them a PM Smiley
I promise not to call you in the middle of the night when i'm inebriated...i'll make sure its when i'm sober  when I call, and i'll wait 2am Shocked Shocked Grin Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #449 - 04/14/15 at 17:05:35

Just got to thinking, emergency numbers.....does anyone want to keep track of those? I usually keep my cell phone locked, but have a paper in my wallet (stuffed inside somewhere) with numbers so if I loose my phone at least i'll have the numbers to call.
But if something should happen.... we need to be able to call a significant other.... so someone should be the "other number keeper" eh?
Is that a good idea, or a bad omen thing? Or perhaps we could all keep a number in our wallets just in case?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 22:28:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.