Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #420 - 04/11/15 at 10:52:50

verslagen1 wrote on 04/10/15 at 11:01:57:
Art Webb wrote on 04/10/15 at 10:22:52:
Ahhh cactus the REAL national flower of Texas  Grin

still wanting to succeed from the union?

Lol, I meant State flower of course
we are the only state to retain the right to secede, but I doubt we ever will

Springman what are you gonna waterproof with? I thought about making my own oilcloth, but it's a pretty involved process

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #421 - 04/12/15 at 12:57:29

I bought silicone water guard at Walmart but I am also keeping an eye on the weafher forecast. If hard rain is forecast I'll buy rain gear at Walmart or at cycle gear. Walmart had a dacent looking frogs togs rain suit for 40 bucks.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #422 - 04/12/15 at 13:43:00

Right now it looks like the ride to and the ride leaving fredricksburg will be wet. Looks like Saturday and Sunday will be the best riding days.

Youzguyz, what is the tentative riding schedule?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #423 - 04/12/15 at 14:41:58

What is the final tally on who is showing up, who is in cabin and who is in tent? If cabin space is available I would like a slot. If not, no worries, I'll take a tent.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #424 - 04/12/15 at 15:01:18

Youzguyz

I was looking at the stuff around BLANCO , TX.    for interesting ideas in the "State Travel Guide" .  
Which one??  The Guadalupe is a very long river.  There are "riverside park"s all along it!!  As a matter of fact, the Guadalupe River will be right outside the mini-cabin door!!
I'll need more info for this one!

I'm always looking for "neat places to bring the car and take the wife"
So the description says :" beautiful cypress-lined Guadalup River offers tent and RV camping, picnic sites, fishing, canoeing, swimming and hiking.  Off Texas 46 east, 13 miles from Boern.

may be nothing but a roadside park but ??? who knows ???  , if we have time to kill it might be a destination ?  Roll Eyes

------------------------------------------------------

Old Rider  ;  did you find the GPS address for our BK , If I understand right it's at where I-10 and ?  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #425 - 04/12/15 at 17:08:32

It is when I-10 turns into I-12.... it is on state road 11, if you are coming down I-59 you could get off onto 11 at Pearl River north of the big interstate mess.

Burger King address there is:
Burger King
120 Brownswitch Road
Slidell, LA 70458

I'll be putting all the addresses for stuff in my gps... if you have one here is the one for the RV campground we are staying at overnight....

Pioneer Acadian Village RV Park
296 Degeyter Rd, Breaux Bridge, LA 70517
337-332-4678

If its pouring down rain (and the forecast from here looks like it will be raining for our trip)... I will probably do a hotel... that is near the interstate... no worries.... i'm all about cheap, but don't want to spend a night wet and cold....

There is a super eight motel there at our turn off so.... we are covered..... either way....

And what about where we are going to meet in Columbus? local eatery? or home?   Let me know so I can put in the address....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #426 - 04/12/15 at 19:50:27

Art, MMRanch, Old Rider, I would like to join the posse in Columbus if ok with you all.  Please count me in. I do ride like art though, I usually keep it at around 60 to 65.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #427 - 04/12/15 at 21:38:04

We can meet at an eatery or my place or HEB (right off I-10) whichever you prefer
the HEB is 2105 Milam
Columbus Tx, 78634, and Scoebels is right there at the fork in the road, unless we change our collective mind and hit the Tex Mex place
or my place is 1216 Montezuma, same bat town, same bat zip code
I'm gonna go ahead an PM my Cell to the three of you (youzguyz has it already) in case we need to communicate quicker than computers allow

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #428 - 04/12/15 at 21:44:25

GUYS ,
55-65 is fast enough for me 9 times out of 10 !  Wink    An all day ride on the Supper-Slab (the first day) is why I put the long legs on my bike. (65 on the Speedometer keeps up with Interstate traffic)(75-80 ish)

fuel millage sucks at those speeds  Sad   I'm a lot happier at true ground speed of 60mph ish  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #429 - 04/12/15 at 21:47:29

Well the way mine is running after I tinkered with it I'm gonna be really happy at 60-65 or so lol

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #430 - 04/13/15 at 05:41:08

I been wrenching on mine knowing I have a backup... hopefully in the next couple days the rain will let up enough for me to do a 200 mile trip to see how the fix went. If it didn't do well, then its the ninja, if it did, its the savageSmiley
Got those numbers now all we need is a mind made up for the place to meet.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #431 - 04/13/15 at 06:02:32

springman wrote on 04/12/15 at 13:43:00:
Right now it looks like the ride to and the ride leaving fredricksburg will be wet. Looks like Saturday and Sunday will be the best riding days.

Youzguyz, what is the tentative riding schedule?

Here ya go:  Subject to opinion and weather.

Saturday outbound: http://goo.gl/maps/2Uetn 112 miles
  inbound: http://goo.gl/maps/qmKyV  134 miles

Sunday sisters: http://goo.gl/maps/vwdkH  243 miles

Monday
 outbound: http://goo.gl/maps/VvZ3u 130 miles
 inbound: http://goo.gl/maps/I7Hlq 185 miles

Right now, Sunday and Monday look the best for weather.  It will change tomorrow.   Undecided

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #432 - 04/13/15 at 06:09:27

MMRanch wrote on 04/12/15 at 15:01:18:
Youzguyz

I was looking at the stuff around BLANCO , TX.    for interesting ideas in the "State Travel Guide" .  
Which one??  The Guadalupe is a very long river.  There are "riverside park"s all along it!!  As a matter of fact, the Guadalupe River will be right outside the mini-cabin door!!
I'll need more info for this one!

I'm always looking for "neat places to bring the car and take the wife"
So the description says :" beautiful cypress-lined Guadalup River offers tent and RV camping, picnic sites, fishing, canoeing, swimming and hiking.  Off Texas 46 east, 13 miles from Boern.

may be nothing but a roadside park but ??? who knows ???  , if we have time to kill it might be a destination ?  Roll Eyes

------------------------------------------------------

Old Rider  ;  did you find the GPS address for our BK , If I understand right it's at where I-10 and ?  Huh

That is Guadalupe River State Park.
http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/guadalupe-river

Not on the agenda for a stop, but the entrance is on 3rd day inbound route.   $7 to go in and look around if everyone wants to do so.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #433 - 04/13/15 at 07:48:23

Old Rider
wrote :       If its pouring down rain (and the forecast from here looks like it will be raining for our trip)... I will probably do a hotel... that is near the interstate... no worries.... i'm all about cheap, but don't want to spend a night wet and cold....

There is a super eight motel there at our turn off so.... we are covered..... either way....

The forecast changes ... but ... I'm good for 1/2 the room fare if its raining.
I even had a thought of trailering  the bike and ridding in the dry after seeing the forecast last night , but would rather not.  My trailer is a 4'x8' w/sideboards.  we would have a squeeze fit to get two in it.  Smiley

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #434 - 04/14/15 at 06:43:49

.....SIGH.... its looking like rain the whole trip... MMR whatcha think? should we truck it? If I ride in the rain it will take 1/2 again as much time due to slower riding. I have rain gear and goggles, but like I said...8 hours in the rain does not sound too good, I'll be a PRUNE! Cheesy
I don't have a front wheel brace and would have to go pick one up, or tie the bike in the front corner of the truck, I have ramps, but usually look for a dock close by as my truck sits kinda high, hopefully there are a couple places near the campground.
Trucking can be our last resort, but it is only two days to launch! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 20:17:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.