Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #345 - 03/31/15 at 05:30:49

old_rider wrote on 03/30/15 at 22:32:26:
Going to camp out in the yard for a few nights this week, for practice...

Careful with the Mrs.  Mine takes it personal when I camp out at home and try a new sleeping bag or mattress.  Somehow she forgets about the last 364 days we spent sleeping together this year....and focuses on the 1 night I wanted to sleep outside! Shocked

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #346 - 03/31/15 at 17:10:24

I tried walmart for a mess kit: theirs were crap, gonna have to hit up Academy i guess
going to Austin sometime this week to see if cycle gear has any gear I like in my size, too still need to do valve check / adjust, and can't find the thing in the tech section where it tells what other model's timing covers fit the S40, oh well

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #347 - 03/31/15 at 17:11:57

Dave wrote on 03/31/15 at 05:30:49:
old_rider wrote on 03/30/15 at 22:32:26:
Going to camp out in the yard for a few nights this week, for practice...

Careful with the Mrs.  Mine takes it personal when I camp out at home and try a new sleeping bag or mattress.  Somehow she forgets about the last 364 days we spent sleeping together this year....and focuses on the 1 night I wanted to sleep outside! Shocked

Invite her to join you, then when she says no, it was her decision to sleep apart  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #348 - 04/01/15 at 08:09:20

Invite her to join you, then when she says no, it was her decision to sleep apart

that trick works for me on a regular basis    Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #349 - 04/01/15 at 12:30:26

I have no problem with that.. I have been sleeping on the couch or in the lazy-boy for the last year and a half because of the back thing.
Its not as comfortable as it used to be, so i'll be changing back to the bed soon....as the pain doesn't ease up.
Can't wait till june to get my density check and PET scan.  Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #350 - 04/01/15 at 12:52:12

MMRanch wrote on 04/01/15 at 08:09:20:
Invite her to join you, then when she says no, it was her decision to sleep apart

I do offer that she can come outside with me....but she has hip and back problems.  I bought her a Sleep by Number bed last year.....and she doesn't want to sleep outside when she knows she will be a lot more comfortable inside.

Unfortunately that doesn't stop her from taking it personally.  I try to tell her that I don't have a villa by the ocean or a cabin in the woods, and my little trailer in the driveway is the best I can do for my "weekend getaway".

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #351 - 04/01/15 at 13:52:44

Went to wallyworld yet again and got me one of those "slim single" air mattresses... ones made for a cot...(my sponge mat didn't do so well) It should work for me... setting up the tent again tonight, just for fun. Might respray it with waterproof again, I still have a bit left in the can.

We have a couple of opossums that hang out in the yard every once in a while, wonder what they think of my tent.... LOL. Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #352 - 04/01/15 at 15:39:49

Looks like you're going to be well prepared Old Rider. I look forward to chatting with you and MMRanch that are taking such long rides to get here. From what I have read about the 3 twisted sisters and the Hill Country in general I think it will be well worth it.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #353 - 04/01/15 at 19:19:43

LOL, oh i'd prefer a cabin slot...(so if one is there I will take it, rain or no).... but i'm testing my stamina, and will be tenting on the way there anyway.
Hey MMR! How big is that tent your bringing and how fast can we set it up?
I set my 2 person up in like 10 minutes....but the RV place charges PER tent so if we can just set up one, we get by on the cheap! Smiley
Oh, the wife thinks i'm nutz..... but I love her anyway Smiley
Looking forward to meeting you folks too!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #354 - 04/01/15 at 20:23:19

I bought a 8 x 10 that I can stand-up in .   I put it up once but need to do it again then spray it with water proofing.   I'll time myself next time ???   Smiley

Last year Dave had one like it that Kent and me shared with 2 cots in it .   It was just about as good as a cabin.   It rained and leaked a little.   but it packs up into a small package (concerning how big it is)  
Its a " Liberty Trail 3 ".    says it sleeps 5 --- but I know two cots fit in it easy.

Old Rider
That first day's ride is almost 600 miles ,  we're meeting at Wopper-World and going to the camp ground together.   I guess it does't matter which  tent we use but just paying for one makes good since to me
Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #355 - 04/01/15 at 21:45:19

well Cycle gear didn't pan out, guess I'll have to explore other options for needed gear
also didn't get valves adjusted, my fool feeler gauges seem to have run off somewhere

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #356 - 04/01/15 at 21:48:08

Dave wrote on 04/01/15 at 12:52:12:
MMRanch wrote on 04/01/15 at 08:09:20:

I do offer that she can come outside with me....but she has hip and back problems.  I bought her a Sleep by Number bed last year.....and she doesn't want to sleep outside when she knows she will be a lot more comfortable inside.

Unfortunately that doesn't stop her from taking it personally.  I try to tell her that I don't have a villa by the ocean or a cabin in the woods, and my little trailer in the driveway is the best I can do for my "weekend getaway".

Sorry to hear that, some ladies can be a bit insecure about stuff like that
When Jeanne's CPap would keep me up at night, she would get in a snit if I went and slept on the floor
Or even turned around in bed (head to feet)

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #357 - 04/02/15 at 05:25:10

LOL, my tent is one of those 7X7's 4' tall in the center... but its actually more like 6'2" square and a little over 3' tall in the center.
It's a bit "snug" with an air mattress and your feet will rub the tent.
With just me in it I always turn my bag catty cornered makes for a better fit.
It won't be a "race" to set up... I was just thinking about time because of darkness, I always hate setting it up in the night.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #358 - 04/02/15 at 05:45:12

When I was ScoutMaster for 10 years I used the same tent the whole time.  It was a 7' x 7' x 52" --- well built but it packed up as big as the new 8' x 10' x 72" ... or bigger !  Huh    I still got it too.

I'll practice setting it up next week !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #359 - 04/02/15 at 09:57:51

old_rider:

Are you taking a video camera?

We never had any video's from an outing of the Savage Members.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 14:19:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.