Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #270 - 03/05/15 at 13:06:59

roll everything you can up in your bedroll, like the drovers did back in the day, and bugee to your backrest / rear fender

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #271 - 03/05/15 at 13:11:25

old_rider wrote on 03/05/15 at 11:50:00:
Me... well after 280 miles, i'm a mess.... LOL... maybe a back brace will help. I stopped for 2 hours after 140 miles... maybe I can break it down into 100 mile stops for like 20 min break... I have a month to practice....  Grin Cool

Huh

put the bag on the tank and lay on it.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #272 - 03/05/15 at 14:05:43

Ok, did some quick research.... almost every site agrees, temps are usually in the mid to upper 70's to low 80's during the day, and hover from mid to upper 50's nighttime.... needless to say... chilly nights, warm days. Looks like historically spotty showers, mostly in the mornings and evenings.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/kerrville-tx/78028/month/335918?monyr=4/01/2015

Haven't tent camped for awhile (like 12 years), so i'm going to do a couple days next week of riding long distance out and back... and spending the night in the tent in the backyard... ROFL... I think i'm spoiled, so i'm going to find out "how spoiled" I've been over the last 10 years.....
I remember as a young man (mid 20's) just riding with a backpack and sleeping on picnic tables in local parks......good times.... and if it rained...well usually slept in the parks pavilions, or the bathrooms....not so good....LOL but dry. Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #273 - 03/05/15 at 14:12:58

springman wrote on 03/05/15 at 12:40:29:
You guys are starting to scare me a little. My longest ride so far is about 200 miles and my backside was numb by the end of the day. Also, I've only ridden with a backpack on or a small gym bag on the back seat. i guess I'll need to figure something out. No worries. We shall figure it out. (We? What am I, the queen of England?)

If opportunity presents, you might want to see how much you can do before you have to do it!
Ain't nobody saying you have to come in with the bunch meeting in Columbus.  You could leave earlier, do slower roads, and take more breaks.
I have a spare AirHawk seat cushion and could meet you part way Friday if that would help you.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #274 - 03/05/15 at 14:38:40

LOL, getting closer to the time, so i'm experimenting.... i'm thinking april is not going to be one of their biggest tourist times.... so if worse comes to worse I could rent a cabin also....
I just want to make the trip memorable LOL.... and of course have some braggin' rights if i'm toughing it out....
Anyone going to do the "daily news letter"? I'll bring my tablet, just in case.... but usually its the new guys chore, only since this is going to be the first annual sisters run.... maybe a coin toss? Wink

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #275 - 03/05/15 at 19:08:25

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ?????????????????? Tongue

What's a "Tablet "  ?

Huh

Where is OldFeller when ya need em ?  Grin  

Google says its about 1100+ miles for me  Roll Eyes one way ! , so don't any of ya'll short ride folks go dropping out on us .   Smiley    Just put a back-brace on (or Duck-Tape + Card-Board) and enjoy the road !  Wink   I think the Korean war was still going on the year I met mom face to face.   Cheesy

Just Praise-The-Lord , and Twist-The-Throttle !   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #276 - 03/05/15 at 19:28:50

A tablet is what you take when your back hurts!!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #277 - 03/05/15 at 19:33:38

Thanks for the Back-up Springman --- That's exactly what I though it was !  Grin

Only 6 weeks from today !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #278 - 03/05/15 at 19:37:25

Put your gear in a box and ship it to the camp ground office. Then ride with just your snivel gear on board.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #279 - 03/05/15 at 19:41:39

Thanks youzguyz. I don't know how to reply directly in the box where you commented, but thanks. If the weather will clear up a bit I will try to do a few longer rides and load the bike down a bit to see how it goes. Sore butt or not though, I want to ride the sisters.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #280 - 03/05/15 at 19:45:30

I feel ya MMRanch. My back give me trouble on occasion and then its the chiro and some tablets. I'm well versed there.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #281 - 03/05/15 at 19:46:40

Looks like atomichiken has a heck of an idea. Hmmm?

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #282 - 03/05/15 at 21:18:22

springman wrote on 03/05/15 at 19:46:40:
Looks like atomichiken has a heck of an idea. Hmmm?

Might be a good idea at that
on the numb butt thing, it helps to occasionally put your feet on the passenger pegs, it changes the seat - butt relationship, and takes the pressure off your tailbone for a while
i also find it easy to stand up on the rear pegs and totally unload the ol sit bones

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #283 - 03/05/15 at 21:21:25

verslagen1 wrote on 03/05/15 at 13:11:25:
old_rider wrote on 03/05/15 at 11:50:00:
Me... well after 280 miles, i'm a mess.... LOL... maybe a back brace will help. I stopped for 2 hours after 140 miles... maybe I can break it down into 100 mile stops for like 20 min break... I have a month to practice....  Grin Cool

Huh

put the bag on the tank and lay on it.   Grin

this actually does work, or it did with my tank bag on my first Ninja 500

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #284 - 03/05/15 at 21:23:38

On the write up thing, I just wanna warn you fellas that i am not good with stuff like that
I'm willing enough, but I think I've had Alzheimer's my whole life lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/03/24 at 03:48:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.