Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #255 - 03/03/15 at 17:09:32

we have a pretty decent Tex Mex place, a less good Tex Mex 'all you can eat fajita buffet' that recently quit putting beef fajitas in the buffet, Shobels' is 'Murican food (you deserve pie), with a lunch buffet, though it can be crowded if you don't get there early a Chinese buffet, and the usual fast food suspects in the area (wahttaburger, taco smell, burger king (new) and a dairy cone, though you gotta eat outside there lol

we used to have a Denny's, but they closed down due to not enough business (I once waited over 3 hours after ordering there, can't understand why no one gave them any buiseness)  Tongue

I think you'd like Schobels, if we get there before the rush. Onlt place i ever saw keeps a big chunk of cheese next to the pies (It's a german thing, apple pie with cheese)

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #256 - 03/03/15 at 20:03:16

I'm guessing I would be hungry about then. Just about any place is OK with me as I probably will not eat too much for lunch (so I say).

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #257 - 03/03/15 at 20:33:18

Art Webb says:
"you got the 250 or the 500?
I sorta miss my 500, but my hips just wouldn't tolerate it any more, more's the pity
I'm still tempted sometimes to get another"

if we're meeting noonish, is anyone gonna want to eat? there's a few places to grab a bite here, depending on tastes [/quote]

Nope to both... I have a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300.... great little machine.... water cooled, fuel injected, 4.5gal tank, averaging about 64 mpg (if i'm easy on throttle).... and with a custom rattle can Krylon paint job!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #258 - 03/04/15 at 02:41:10

old_rider wrote on 03/03/15 at 13:59:33:
springman wrote on 03/03/15 at 13:24:59:
Hey old rider. I don't know if we can find 3 sisters to accomodate you, but you can buy one of the t-shirts that says " I rode the 3 sisters!"

Awwww...... was hoping there would be like a statue or some such....LOL... and if not....well.... some sisters would be nice! errr....maybe.... How BIG do they grow them gals in Texas? I'm a little fella...it could get scary. (This is one post the wife ain't gettin' to see) LOL Smiley

There aren't any girly statues for the twisted sisters roads.  But I am SURE we can find 3 biker chicks (in a variety of sizes) at the Bent Rim Grill for a photo op.. that we can send to your wife.  Shocked  Lips Sealed

There will be lots of places to stop for photos.  Some will be planned (like Stonehenge II).  Others, if you see something you want to take a picture of, pull over.  I will figure out you are not there any more and loop back around.  Could take a while if someone way in the back does that as the "where did he go?" effect will need to filter up to the front.  Grin

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #259 - 03/04/15 at 02:42:33

old_rider wrote on 03/03/15 at 20:33:18:
Nope to both... I have a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300.... great little machine.... water cooled, fuel injected, 4.5gal tank, averaging about 64 mpg (if i'm easy on throttle).... and with a custom rattle can Krylon paint job!

I like the look.  Nice job!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #260 - 03/04/15 at 08:18:20

Those 300s are nice, so long as you didn't get saddled with the early model that had spotty injection
My understanding is the power matches the 500, due to EFI VS Carbs, with the weight of the 250 (both of which are water cooled but carbed)
LOVE the paint job, that is sweet!

now if they'd put easily replacable real bars on them, and someone would make a footpeg lowering kit......

BTW, I have some Core Tech luggage that would fit that purrfectly (was on my 500) in black, if you might be interested, saddlebags and tail bag Cheesy

Re how big we grow the gals in texas, thay come in all sorts of sizes, from 'I'd be afraid I'd break her' to 'She could likely kick my butt'

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #261 - 03/04/15 at 20:39:04

atomikchicken wrote on 03/03/15 at 09:24:57:
Art Webb
I realy like my Victory. My wife has a 2010 Hammer S.
This was my first bike over 750cc. It is a great bike even at close to 65000 miles it still makes me smile. That said I miss simple- straightforward-singles.

Maybe you can help AC, I picked up a vegas headlight with 2 bulbs.
H11 on top and H8 on the bottom, which one is the highbeam?

WWW   IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #262 - 03/04/15 at 23:29:51

verslagen1 the H11 on top is the low beam.

Here is a link to a parts fiche.

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/p/Victory?aribrand=VIC#/Victory/V09AB26%2...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #263 - 03/05/15 at 07:26:19

atomikchicken wrote on 03/04/15 at 23:29:51:
verslagen1 the H11 on top is the low beam.

Here is a link to a parts fiche.

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/p/Victory?aribrand=VIC#/Victory/V09AB26%2...

Thanks   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #264 - 03/05/15 at 11:50:00

Yesterdays practice run....
Ninja is fine, maybe need to re-arrange the sleeping bag upfront....it rode ok, but air got under the first layer of plastic causing it to blow up like a balloon, it stayed on but started elevating a bit. It does however provide a nice wind break.

Me... well after 280 miles, i'm a mess.... LOL... maybe a back brace will help. I stopped for 2 hours after 140 miles... maybe I can break it down into 100 mile stops for like 20 min break... I have a month to practice....  Grin Cool

Art.... I have cortech bags and a Kuryachn big bag.... here is my setup...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #265 - 03/05/15 at 11:57:25

Ah, the setup I have is similar, but all cortech so the tailbag is smaller
just thought I'd offer, in case you were in the market
your back objected? my back bitches more about the S40, it was my hips and sometimes knees on the Ninja
100miles at a go is pretty much the limit of the stack savage tank, so.....

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #266 - 03/05/15 at 11:58:10

I think there is a motorcycle under there.. somewhere....  Undecided

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #267 - 03/05/15 at 12:06:49

There will be rest stops during the day rides.  A lot more than what you guys are going to do on the trip in!  Then again, the day rides will be a little more tiring.. more hills, turns, critters..  
I am a bit concerned that ya'll will be in shape for the Saturday ride after battering your bodies all day Friday!  Shocked
We shall see!! and can adjust to the needs of the many..

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #268 - 03/05/15 at 12:26:09

Well, it depends on the temps for the sleeping bag.... I do have a zip up lightweight blanket thingie... LOL Smiley
And its snowing in Texas now.... what will it be doing in a month?
If its anything like here on the panhandle, Tuesday night it was in the high 50's, tonight it is supposed to be in the high 30's.... but the daytime temps are in the 60's and 70's.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #269 - 03/05/15 at 12:40:29

You guys are starting to scare me a little. My longest ride so far is about 200 miles and my backside was numb by the end of the day. Also, I've only ridden with a backpack on or a small gym bag on the back seat. i guess I'll need to figure something out. No worries. We shall figure it out. (We? What am I, the queen of England?)

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 12:45:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.