Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #240 - 03/03/15 at 09:15:09

Hello everyone. Thanks to MMRanch for guiding me here. I just read a bit so not sure I can make it, but if I can make it would you all accept a newbie to ride with ya'll? I was hoping to ride the 3 sisters last year but never did get the chance.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #241 - 03/03/15 at 09:24:57

Art Webb
I realy like my Victory. My wife has a 2010 Hammer S.
This was my first bike over 750cc. It is a great bike even at close to 65000 miles it still makes me smile. That said I miss simple- straightforward-singles.

MMranch
One bike is good, two bikes are better, 10 bikes.... exponential is good.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #242 - 03/03/15 at 11:40:25

springman wrote on 03/03/15 at 09:15:09:
Hello everyone. Thanks to MMRanch for guiding me here. I just read a bit so not sure I can make it, but if I can make it would you all accept a newbie to ride with ya'll? I was hoping to ride the 3 sisters last year but never did get the chance.

Sure..  newbie's are welcome!  Cheesy

I will put you on the first message as a "maybe"
When you get a better idea if you can make it, let us know and any details you have:
Where ya staying:
a spot in the cabin (looks like still room in there), or if you will be camping, or some other arrangement.
When you are getting to Kerrville: (or what days you will be riding with us)

You got questions?  Ask 'em!  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #243 - 03/03/15 at 12:01:18

Thanks youzguyz. I'm pretty sure I can get vacation time. Just need to worry about making sure bike is up to this trip. Verslagen if you read this, or if anybody else can tell me, I need to do the Versy cam tensioner. How can I get one? Other than that I just need a new rear tire and then I do not see why I should not be able to make it. Most I have ever ridden in one day is about 200 miles. I guess I could leave Houston Friday morning and be in Kerville 6-7 hours later. I think my cruising speed is around 60-65. I usually only do 70+ when in the HOV with no cars around.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #244 - 03/03/15 at 12:13:31

You can reach verslagen here:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338489898
Instructions at bottom of first post.

Last I heard: MMRanch is meeting up with old_rider by Baton Rouge.  Art Webb is meeting up with both of them in Columbus, which isn't too far from Spring.
You might want to see if you want to join that caravan on Friday, or just wander over on your own if you want to get in sooner.
I will be out cruising around on Friday.. somewhere...

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #245 - 03/03/15 at 12:14:41

springman wrote on 03/03/15 at 12:01:18:
Verslagen if you read this, or if anybody else can tell me, I need to do the Versy cam tensioner. How can I get one?

you've been pm'd

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #246 - 03/03/15 at 12:23:21

Well, loaded down the savage today took it for a 100 mile test ride.... not comfortable.......and leaking a bit....soooo...

I'm testing the little ninja with a load tomorrow, I can adj. the shocks on it up higher yet, but it seems to be doing fine.

I rode the ninja from the panhandle to the dragon, so I figure I can ride it to the sisters..... do they have a place there for photo ops?... or can we get three good lookin' sisters to stand next to us?  ...well, they gotta be a little twisted too  Roll Eyes Wink Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #247 - 03/03/15 at 13:22:20

Thanks Verslagen1. This makes my tenth post so I should be able to PM now. I tried to PM a thanks but system would not let me.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #248 - 03/03/15 at 13:24:59

Hey old rider. I don't know if we can find 3 sisters to accomodate you, but you can buy one of the t-shirts that says " I rode the 3 sisters!"

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #249 - 03/03/15 at 13:35:02

old_rider wrote on 03/03/15 at 12:23:21:
Well, loaded down the savage today took it for a 100 mile test ride.... not comfortable.......and leaking a bit....soooo...

I'm testing the little ninja with a load tomorrow, I can adj. the shocks on it up higher yet, but it seems to be doing fine.

I rode the ninja from the panhandle to the dragon, so I figure I can ride it to the sisters..... do they have a place there for photo ops?... or can we get three good lookin' sisters to stand next to us?  ...well, they gotta be a little twisted too  Roll Eyes Wink Cheesy

There is one of those "Here is a picture of you making a fool of yourself" web sites.
http://www.txmotofoto.com/
The guy sits on 337 and takes pictures of all the traffic.

http://www.jwimaging.exposuremanager.com/g/1-16-2013cruiser__tourer&gallery_p...

5th row down.. yellow helmet.   Grin

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #250 - 03/03/15 at 13:59:33

springman wrote on 03/03/15 at 13:24:59:
Hey old rider. I don't know if we can find 3 sisters to accomodate you, but you can buy one of the t-shirts that says " I rode the 3 sisters!"

Awwww...... was hoping there would be like a statue or some such....LOL... and if not....well.... some sisters would be nice! errr....maybe.... How BIG do they grow them gals in Texas? I'm a little fella...it could get scary. (This is one post the wife ain't gettin' to see) LOL Smiley

But according to plan MMR and I should be getting near Columbus around noonish Friday..... If you can make it... the more the merrier! Cool

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #251 - 03/03/15 at 14:36:46

Yeah there are three or four "groups" of folks on the dragon now..... One of them holds a "vote for" on his site and if you win, you get a free photo from him.
I was up for it in 2011 or 2013 I think (don't remember the year right off hand), and I believe Dave and his café thumper were up for it last year.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #252 - 03/03/15 at 14:48:11

I can probably do Columbus around noonish. Should be fun. I already spoke with the wife and she is cool with this. Now I just need to get the days off and get the bike ready for the ride. I guess I am about 70% in. I'll keep in touch.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #253 - 03/03/15 at 15:18:15

old_rider wrote on 03/03/15 at 12:23:21:

you got the 250 or the 500?
I sorta miss my 500, but my hips just wouldn't tolerate it any more, more's the pity
I'm still tempted sometimes to get another

if we're meeting noonish, is anyone gonna want to eat? there's a few places to grab a bite here, depending on tastes

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #254 - 03/03/15 at 16:26:37

Art your singing to me !  Grin

if we're meeting noonish, is anyone gonna want to eat? there's a few places to grab a bite here, depending on tastes

Could it be something like a home-cooked style "Meat and two or three" ?  or might that be too much to "take a ride on" ?

Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 13:02:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.