Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #150 - 01/31/15 at 09:33:30

Well , Old Rider

Old rider maybe I should call about the $10.oo site to be sure ... to late today but I'll get on it .  

I called this morning.  The lady at the park service said : "Our website is a little out-dated" , " we don't allow tent camping any more." ...  Undecided
I wished her luck on getting their website UP-DATED !  

So

we're back to looking for a place to stay again.  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #151 - 01/31/15 at 09:55:22

My original plan was to stay and meet at the South end of the Natchez Trace (mile marker 54) .   That would be a free campsite at the park w/restrooms , and a baby-wipe-bath.   As time gets closer to April and we get a better head count we can pick it up again (is OK with me).

To bad we don't have a Savage member in the area with a big yard and an understanding wife !   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #152 - 01/31/15 at 14:02:46

OK, last chance... riverside mini cabin... OK?

Verslagen1   Cabin   apr17-21 fri-tue
MMRanch         C              Y
ArtWebb         C              Y
youzguyz                        Y
crookscrooks                         Y
zieglarf                               Y

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #153 - 01/31/15 at 15:20:57

I think Riverside is the best choice.   Easy access.   Cabin 1 would be good. (closest to rest room, no neighbors out the front door).

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #154 - 01/31/15 at 16:40:48

reservation made.
check in friday, 3pm... check out tuesday, 12noon.
I guess you don't get a cabin number till you check in.

WWW   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #155 - 01/31/15 at 21:56:49

well that's crap, we wants the one we wants
J/K I hope we get #1 but the ride and the company are the main thing

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #156 - 02/01/15 at 05:14:58

Ok.... I will be bringing a 2 man... (although with all my gear it will be a one man LOL), but if cabin is big enough or not enough show to fill, i'll jump in (not sure how that is set up).

I am dropping the earlier Dragon Run and hopefully I will be meeting MMR somewhere along the way.

For me really this is just tentative, because of family stuff (lol, bill does everything, i'm like the go-to guy).

However I AM PLANNING on being there, and I am really flexible on lodging...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #157 - 02/01/15 at 07:17:08

OldRider
and hopefully I will be meeting MMR somewhere along the way.

Your route go west on I-10 is my guess .   Mine goes down I-59 and intersects I-10 about 550 miles (11hrs.) from home .   so ... anywhere near that intersection is good.  Smiley

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #158 - 02/01/15 at 16:20:59

verslagen1 wrote on 01/31/15 at 16:40:48:
reservation made.
check in friday, 3pm... check out tuesday, 12noon.
I guess you don't get a cabin number till you check in.

You should give 'em a call and see what you can wrangle over the phone.  Can't hurt!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #159 - 02/02/15 at 10:10:51

MMRanch wrote on 02/01/15 at 07:17:08:
OldRider
and hopefully I will be meeting MMR somewhere along the way.

Your route go west on I-10 is my guess .   Mine goes down I-59 and intersects I-10 about 550 miles (11hrs.) from home .   so ... anywhere near that intersection is good.  Smiley

How bout this place then?

http://www.rppj.com/cotile-lake-recreation

Past Natchez.....but looks good.... i'll send them an email....

LOL, i'm trying to do searches for "campground near" and i'm getting all kinds of stupid hits.... I even got a college dorm....
All along the coast of I10 there are RV spots... that say "campground", but they are RV parks... I cannot see how they can advertise "campground" if you stay in a mobile home on wheels.
Maybe because they have "camp fire pits" ?

Emailed
http://rvparklouisiana.com/
They say basic tent camping by the river...

Also emailed:
Myers Landing ($18) but they are west of layfayette.... would be about 10-11 hour drive for you...so i'm pikin' and choosin' Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #160 - 02/02/15 at 21:38:56

from past trips it seem like I cruise 65 mph and average 50 mph ???   They always last longer than planned !    

I think I'll check my valve clearances' and do an oil change with a lot of the ZDPP stuff for the high speed cruise.  

So here is a question about mpg  ...  What jet combo is going to use less fuel (longer between fill-ups) running 4500 rpm. and stock air filter ?     I think mine is 150/50 now but not sure ?

Power has never been an issue except one time when OldFeller and Lancer got to a valley after some of those NC. twisties and wound their bikes out.   My old bike topped out about 85 that day and they went  out of sight.   I figured I'd see them and some local county officers pulled off up the road a piece , but 10 minutes later they were at the next "T" in the road Grinnen like possums with chicken feathers stuck in their whiskers !   Grin

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #161 - 02/03/15 at 04:40:25

MMRanch wrote on 02/02/15 at 21:38:56:
Power has never been an issue except one time when OldFeller and Lancer got to a valley after some of those NC. twisties and wound their bikes out.   My old bike topped out about 85 that day and they went  out of sight.   I figured I'd see them and some local county officers pulled off up the road a piece , but 10 minutes later they were at the next "T" in the road Grinnen like possums with chicken feathers stuck in their whiskers !     Grin

Hmmm.. you likely to be running a bit faster than I be leading.  Is no problem.  I point, and you go to next T and wait.  If you not there, I figure you know how to get to where you are going.  Cheesy   Done that before, and it worked out pretty good.   Wink

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #162 - 02/03/15 at 12:13:27

MMRanch wrote on 02/02/15 at 21:38:56:
from past trips it seem like I cruise 65 mph and average 50 mph ???   They always last longer than planned !    

I think I'll check my valve clearances' and do an oil change with a lot of the ZDPP stuff for the high speed cruise.  

So here is a question about mpg  ...  What jet combo is going to use less fuel (longer between fill-ups) running 4500 rpm. and stock air filter ?     I think mine is 150/50 now but not sure ?

Power has never been an issue except one time when OldFeller and Lancer got to a valley after some of those NC. twisties and wound their bikes out.   My old bike topped out about 85 that day and they went  out of sight.   I figured I'd see them and some local county officers pulled off up the road a piece , but 10 minutes later they were at the next "T" in the road Grinnen like possums with chicken feathers stuck in their whiskers !   Grin

If you're jetted rigth I doubt you'll get much better mileage, generaly power comes from efficiency
I think checking the valves is a good idea though
of course I think your sheild is a lot bigger than mine too, could be the difference in top speed
I think Lancer and Oldfeller both mave hopped up engines, no?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #163 - 02/03/15 at 18:03:24

Smiley

My granny cycle is just an old "corroded looking" 2002 Savage.   My rear tire is older than some of your motorcycles.   I have never drugged my carburetor with any form of beer or hops so I'm not hopped up.  

I am the silver haired poster boy for the little old ladies motorcycle riding association.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #164 - 02/03/15 at 19:04:11

I'm in, do we have a club patch?  Grin

and whatchu think might be the problem with MM's bike, if he can't hang wit a granny? too much shield?.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 16:26:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.