Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Flashing LED Brake Light (Read 362 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Flashing LED Brake Light
Reply #15 - 10/27/14 at 17:47:58

I just got back from delivering one of the 1157 bulbs to a friend who put the LED in the back of his BMW Paris Dakar bike.  The stock tail light is mounted in rubber and is hard on conventional filament bulbs....it bounces around and the filaments break.  This LED bulb is so much brighter than the stock 1157 bulb in that light.....it has a lens with lots of diamond grids and a reflector built into the lens - it absolutely lit up with the LED.  The pulsing brake light really worked great in that bike.

So far.....my Pontiac Vibe with the 7443 bulbs is the only loser.

Dave

« Last Edit: 10/28/14 at 05:49:10 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #16 - 10/29/14 at 20:32:00

Ok. so I got my light in today and despite how crappy my video comparison is, it's worth the value IMO.  The S40 stock housing recesses the bulb back enough where it properly reflects throughout the housing to the rear as well as the sides.

Anyhow, sorry for the crappy video...it was kinda dark in the garage and I have lost me editing skills since I don't play with the computer much anymore.

Left side is stock, right side is the new bulb...of course it's the one that blinks. Wink

View My Video here

(sorry for the link out. couldn't figure out how to embed the video here)

« Last Edit: 10/30/14 at 06:19:28 by stewmills »  

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #17 - 06/26/17 at 13:00:25

Anyone else have problems with this bulb flickering instead of flashing at RPM's above idle?  Or when things are heated up?

Electrical changes I've made prior to switching to the flashing brake bulb are: aftermarket rear turn signals moved to the license plate bracket (incandescent), swapped out the stock horn for a FIAMM and am running the Native H4 LED headlight from ADVMonster.  All of which have been in place a while and are working as expected.  Could the LED headlight be causing interference in the circuit or changing the draw enough to cause problems with an LED tail/brake light?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
maniacmedia
YaBB Newbies

My Boulevard S40
makes me a savage!

Salt Lake City
Reply #18 - 07/19/17 at 16:13:16

Anyone know of another source for that bulb? The Super Bright link says it's discontinued.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Royal Pearl Blue
Viking Bags Large Tan Cruiser Saddlebags
WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #19 - 07/20/17 at 06:46:41

Not that I didn't believe you, I just didn't believe SBLEDs wouldn't have it. WOW.  I have these in both my bikes and love them...hope they don't go out on me any time soon.

fleabay has other brands listed, but I don' think any of these have been tested to ensure they fit and work properly with our reflector to provide ample light.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=1157%20flashing%20LED...

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #20 - 07/21/17 at 17:25:05

imho, modulated headlights should be the first thing you'd want flashing. Rear light flasher are, if you think about it, less safe. Why? Because you should always be aware of what's going on behind you and if you need to warn a tailgater or if you simply want to give traffic behind you that is travelling at speed a heads up because you suspect they have not seen the problem up ahead as you have, then it's best practice to flash the lights manually.

That way you can give various levels of urgency to the flash pattern. I do this all the time, I would not want any automation getting in the way, I might want to do a series of triple flashes or long and short flashed depending on the situation.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #21 - 07/21/17 at 21:29:58

Harley has a very durable 1157 type bulb that I use in my bikes. I just went and looked there is no part number on the bag. The one I put in the Sportster has been in the bike for 12 years.
It's going to burn out tomorrow just cause I opened my mouth !!!!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
DavidP
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/22/17 at 09:39:55

Yes me. 1997 Savage. I was delighted when I first got it but soon noticed your symptoms. I made a video for the supplier and they sent me another which did the same thing. They refunded my money no questions asked. Great people but sad brake light.

Tocsik wrote on 06/26/17 at 13:00:25:
Anyone else have problems with this bulb flickering instead of flashing at RPM's above idle?  Or when things are heated up?

Electrical changes I've made prior to switching to the flashing brake bulb are: aftermarket rear turn signals moved to the license plate bracket (incandescent), swapped out the stock horn for a FIAMM and am running the Native H4 LED headlight from ADVMonster.  All of which have been in place a while and are working as expected.  Could the LED headlight be causing interference in the circuit or changing the draw enough to cause problems with an LED tail/brake light?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 17:16:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Flashing LED Brake Light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.