Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #375 - 06/09/15 at 08:30:00

Huge rock starburst on the windshield already and only 8 more hours to go.  Tongue

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #376 - 06/09/15 at 08:32:08

Lancer loves to give folks a pleasant surprise ....  but if he is coming early then he needs to call the Blue Ridge Campground folks and let them know he is coming a day early (hopefully #4 is just sitting there waiting on us).

MM, since you guys are bringing the truck and running the big roads, if there is a ball on the back bumper of the truck you could tow your bike on your little trailer.   Just a thought ....

Accordingly, I'll leave after work on Wednesday 10:00 PM and drive my 7+ hours in the dark, showing up dawnish on Thursday.    I figure we will all be tired by Thursday night anyway so we will all sleep good.

That way I'll get to help Dave put the tent up, etc. and actually be there ahead of Lancer for once.

==========================================================

Are we going Hwy 32 up by the Knife Store?    If so, I am going to pre-pay for some powder and primers and have them waiting at Bass Pro Shops.

If not, then not.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #377 - 06/09/15 at 10:36:11

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/09/15 at 08:32:08:
Are we going Hwy 32 up by the Knife Store?    If so, I am going to pre-pay for some powder and primers and have them waiting at Bass Pro Shops.

If history is any indicator.....we will only go to the Knife Store if the temperature exceeds 95 degrees! Shocked

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #378 - 06/09/15 at 10:52:15

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/09/15 at 06:36:55:

+1 to what Dave just said.

Seriously, if you don't lay in a time and a place to meet up, you will struggle to find us.

==========================================================

Which brings us back to the fact everybody needs to be packing a NC map on their bike and everybody needs to understand they have to stay in sight of the person in front of them.

You are responsible for staying with the group.   The reason you have a map with you is in case you get separated you can find your way back to Blue Ridge Campground on your own.

If we are on a single track road (like Cherohala) separation is fine, but on a road where we take TURNS on to other roads it is a bad thing to get out sight of the man in front of you.

I'll try to get a map
From experience I will be left behind, I'm working on my handling skills but everyone on the sisters smoked me like a cheap cigar
That's why I was originally not going to come, I'm slow, even when I don't want to be

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #379 - 06/09/15 at 10:56:53

Hey Art. What time do you want to take off?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #380 - 06/09/15 at 11:01:10

I generally get up about 8, but leaving here that early might not be such a good plan, as traffic might be really heavy going into Houston, what do you think?
I'm available on my cell all day if you want to call and dicuss

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #381 - 06/09/15 at 13:03:43

As you come into North Carolina on any major road there is a Welcome Center. In the Welcome Center they give away free maps. I heartily recommend everybody stop on your way in and get yourself a free map.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #382 - 06/09/15 at 15:01:00

Just found out the wife's work schedule.  She's working every day of the weekend so, it looks like I'm out again. Wish I could make it.  You all have a great time.

The only time I ever checked my mileage on the little ninja, it was 63 but that was mostly in town slow and stop and go traffic.  I rarely ever see sixth gear in town.  In many areas, it's pushing it to get into fifth.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #383 - 06/09/15 at 16:19:26

exhuast bolt missing ARGHHHH

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #384 - 06/09/15 at 16:57:06

Art Webb wrote on 06/09/15 at 16:19:26:

Whassit' look like?

I am packing up......I can throw in a bolt if I know which one you are missing?

I have a couple of header studs that screw into the cylinder in the spare parts box already (and some brake pads, and a belt, and I might throw in a clutch cover gasket!).

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #385 - 06/09/15 at 19:20:18

I'm packing 4 replacement footpegs (modified hurley) and a road rash first aid kit ......   got any spare footpeg allen headed machine screws and an allen wrench to fit them?

When folks go down even in a very minor fashion, a peg replacement is generally needed .....   plus a little Neosporin and a sterile bandage over the red spot generally comes in handy as well.

I really carry it for me, but I share with my friends as needed.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #386 - 06/09/15 at 19:47:13

Dave wrote on 06/09/15 at 16:57:06:
Art Webb wrote on 06/09/15 at 16:19:26:

Whassit' look like?

I am packing up......I can throw in a bolt if I know which one you are missing?

I have a couple of header studs that screw into the cylinder in the spare parts box already (and some brake pads, and a belt, and I might throw in a clutch cover gasket!).

It's the header bolt, and the other seems loose, but won't tighten, like it was bottomed, no way was I cranking on it  Shocked
If I knew the size I could buy a replacement here but I like the stud Idea, so a big thanks for that, and I'll be happy to reimburse you for them
Got new pads about 1000 miles ago  Smiley at 4500 miles  Undecided i stuck EBC organics on  Cool

I need to pack up too, but the bike is already loaded  Grin

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #387 - 06/09/15 at 19:49:00

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/09/15 at 19:20:18:

I'm packing 4 replacement footpegs (modified hurley) and a road rash first aid kit ......   got any spare footpeg allen headed machine screws and an allen wrench to fit them?

When folks go down even in a very minor fashion, a peg replacement is generally needed .....   plus a little Neosporin and a sterile bandage over the red spot generally comes in handy as well.

I really carry it for me, but I share with my friends as needed.

I should really build a crash kit
luckily for me my shield and luggage took most of the crunt of my low side

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #388 - 06/10/15 at 03:52:07

OK....I got everything (I hope) packed and loaded.

I did pack up some extra gaskets and seals.....and the header bolts and a new header gasket.  (I believe there is some never-sieze in my toolbox).

I will be leaving right after my 1:00 meeting...most likely around 2 this afternoon, and chances are good I will make a stop or two along the way.  One stop to buy a few groceries......and there is a really well stocked bike shop on the way.....and stopping to look and gawk is a good way to stretch my legs for half an hour! Wink

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #389 - 06/10/15 at 04:28:25

All is packed and the trailer hooked up --- I will drive wife's car to work, work until 10:00PM then come back home, shower, then hit the road around midnight.

I'll eat breakfast with Dave at the camp ground and help him get the tent set up tomorrow AM.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:27:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.