Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #360 - 06/08/15 at 11:10:07

Well Oldfeller, your comments about putting the bikes to gether at the last minute leading to the unexpected came true. I reused my gasket, since it had only been there for about 2000-2500 miles, when replacing the cam chain tensioner and now it looks like I have a minor oil leak. I am guessing that it is becuase of the gasket. I will take a look at it tonight.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #361 - 06/08/15 at 11:28:22

it's a corollary of the old saying s*** happens

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #362 - 06/08/15 at 14:52:41

I got a chance to look at the leak in the bright sun during lunchtime and it really is minimal. As best I can see it is the gasket, but it is only a few drops. I guess I'll order a new gasket and in the meantime just keep an eye on the oil level. Other than that though she is running good. Ready to tame the Dragon. Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #363 - 06/08/15 at 15:52:09

It looks like the campground is a good hour or more from the dragon.

Map says 1.5 hr. to the campground, 3 to the dragon at an average speed of 60.  After buzzing all that way on the little ninja, I don't know if I'll even be able to stand.  I know I won't be able to feel my hands or my feet.

I might be able to make it up to see some of you nice folks.  I just don't know right now.  My schedule is up in the air until I see what my wife's work schedule is.  I have to drive her to work and pick her up.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #364 - 06/08/15 at 17:11:40

Whoa!!! Summer is here in Houston. Just got in from work, about a 35 mile ride each way, and I am soaked in sweat. It will be awesome to ride in cooler weather.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #365 - 06/08/15 at 18:39:40

Steve H wrote on 06/08/15 at 15:52:09:
It looks like the campground is a good hour or more from the dragon.

Map says 1.5 hr. to the campground, 3 to the dragon at an average speed of 60.  After buzzing all that way on the little ninja, I don't know if I'll even be able to stand.  I know I won't be able to feel my hands or my feet.

I might be able to make it up to see some of you nice folks.  I just don't know right now.  My schedule is up in the air until I see what my wife's work schedule is.  I have to drive her to work and pick her up.

If you make it to the campground.....we tend to ride in 1 hour or less intervals before we get lost and need to stop and see where we are.  So the 1.5 hour ride to the campground and back will most likely be the most you ride at a time.  I rode a little Ninja 4 days straight last year.....it isn't so bad.  I met 2 fellows who had ridden their little Ninjas down from Canada!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #366 - 06/08/15 at 19:21:52

Aren't those little ninjas super easy on fuel ?    Tongue    If they only came in cruiser styling ...  Roll Eyes

put put-ing around with some slower riders last Saturday I got 62.8 mpg  (S-40) but it seemed so pokkey !  

I really need to ride with you fellers sometimes.  Wink
--------------

If Versey is taking his truck to N.C.
Then we make take the interstate and get to Tellico Plains in less than 4 hours.
Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #367 - 06/08/15 at 19:23:58

If the schedule works out, I am going to try to get there.  I probably won't be able to stay too long before I have to head back.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #368 - 06/08/15 at 21:59:48

MMRanch wrote on 06/08/15 at 19:21:52:
Aren't those little ninjas super easy on fuel ?    Tongue    If they only came in cruiser styling ...  Roll Eyes

put put-ing around with some slower riders last Saturday I got 62.8 mpg  (S-40) but it seemed so pokkey !  

--------------

If Versey is taking his truck to N.C.
Then we make take the interstate and get to Tellico Plains in less than 4 hours.
Smiley

If you want a buzzy little 250 cruiser, that's called a Honda Rebel, and some of them turn in 70 MPG ridden gently
not much smaller than a Savage, and great bikes if you don't run freeway speeds much (they top out 70-85, depending)

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #369 - 06/08/15 at 22:01:25

springman wrote on 06/08/15 at 14:52:41:
I got a chance to look at the leak in the bright sun during lunchtime and it really is minimal. As best I can see it is the gasket, but it is only a few drops. I guess I'll order a new gasket and in the meantime just keep an eye on the oil level. Other than that though she is running good. Ready to tame the Dragon. Grin Grin Grin

Sometimes pesky little leaks like that self repair, though you can't count on it
maybe she'll quit dripping

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #370 - 06/09/15 at 04:05:44

MMRanch wrote on 06/08/15 at 19:21:52:

-------------- Smiley

Last year when I arrived a day before you and Kent arrived at Deals Gap, I rode the little Ninja around solo for a day.  I was riding conservatively as I was alone and the bike was still somewhat new to me.  I got 77 mph that day!

I really like the little Ninja 250....however I am not a fan of the Sport Bike look.  They aren't ugly and they look a lot like road racrers - but that look just isn't my lifestyle.  I plan on doing this to my Ninja this summer.....not sure of the color I will choose yet (it won't be Kawasaki Green).

8891375313_8c7cf8cc51.jpg

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #371 - 06/09/15 at 04:43:50

Steve H wrote on 06/08/15 at 19:23:58:
If the schedule works out, I am going to try to get there.  I probably won't be able to stay too long before I have to head back.

Steve:

We generally are in the campground until about 9 AM....but after that we become moving targets and may be hard to hook up with.  If we know what day you are coming we might even be able to ride over to an area closer to you.....the rides are yet to be determined.

Today is most likely the last day that communication will be consistent on this forum.  MMRanch and his group will be out riding tomorrow, I will be driving to NC, Oldfeller will be leaving his home on Thursday.  We have spotty cell phone service while out riding, we do have WiFi at the campground and can check in at night when we return.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #372 - 06/09/15 at 06:36:55

+1 to what Dave just said.

Seriously, if you don't lay in a time and a place to meet up, you will struggle to find us.

==========================================================

Which brings us back to the fact everybody needs to be packing a NC map on their bike and everybody needs to understand they have to stay in sight of the person in front of them.

You are responsible for staying with the group.   The reason you have a map with you is in case you get separated you can find your way back to Blue Ridge Campground on your own.

If we are on a single track road (like Cherohala) separation is fine, but on a road where we take TURNS on to other roads it is a bad thing to get out sight of the man in front of you.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #373 - 06/09/15 at 07:09:09

Look out mike here we come.
Lancer and I are on the road again

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #374 - 06/09/15 at 08:11:23

Roll Eyes

Maybe , we might leave on Thursday instead of Friday ???  Huh

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:20:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.