Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #345 - 06/06/15 at 14:09:39

OK. Versy cam chain tensioner installed. New HD muffler adapter made and muffler installed. Louder but not too loud. And new non-synthetic rotella oil and hiflo oil filter installed. I was out of synthetic. Short test ride indicates all systems are go. Managed to get clutch properly adjusted on first try. All that is left is clean up.

I'll go buy a small 2 man tent today or tomorrow so if we need it we have it. If not, I can take it back. Getting closer, just about ready.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #346 - 06/06/15 at 14:41:32

I am getting things ready as well.  Installed the new 18x3.5 rear rim with the 130/70 tire last night and did an adjustment on the new seat.  I went for a 80 mile ride today and scrubbed in the new tire, then changed the oil when I got back.  The current weather forecast is great from Thursday through Saturday.....and if that doesn't change the Cafe' bike is coming.....Woo Hoo!

Instead of going out and buying another tent....I will bring the 7x10 tent that works for 2 folks and has room for cots, along with a smaller backpack tent that we already have and has enough room for a single person and his gear.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #347 - 06/06/15 at 17:12:35

OK. Sounds good Dave. I will hold off on buying a tent.

Just got back from short 26 mile ride. HD muffler sounds pretty good. It does put out a belch of power every time I upshift if I am gunning it. Which is fine by me, I want to make a little more noise. So everything seems fine. Just smells a bit funky but I guess it is the HD muffler as it is, or was, brand new.

I have a squeak under hard acceleration which I believe is my belt. I'll probably play with it a bit tomorrow.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #348 - 06/07/15 at 06:54:16

Dave, I will bring another singleton tent and a spare bag and air mattress because I am betting there is confusion enough inside the Texas/Atlanta group on that first night that it might well get used.

Otherwise, it can just ride in the Cube there and back -- cheap insurance.  

I am also bringing my full tool box as I am listening to folks say they have just put their bikes back together just in time for the trip and we all know that can lead to "stuff happening" that wasn't expected or planned for.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

Dave, as of today we are "as good as it gets" through Monday of the following week.   Tuesday is predicting 2.5 hours of intermittent light showers (0.16" total).   I also know that by bringing the cafe you are saying that any steady rain ends it for you as you aren't going to eat the spray off the cafe's tires, which is understandable.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #349 - 06/07/15 at 07:16:05

man I'm gonna feel all alone with my stock muffler  Grin
also better get some Claritin, in case some of that rocky mountain flora doesn't like my sinuses
Ranger has a slow coolant leak, I'l try to track it and fix it
otherwise just check overflow tank each fill-up

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #350 - 06/07/15 at 07:29:03

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/07/15 at 06:54:16:
Dave, as of today we are "as good as it gets" through Monday of the following week.   Tuesday is predicting 2.5 hours of intermittent light showers (0.16" total).   I also know that by bringing the cafe you are saying that any steady rain ends it for you as you aren't going to eat the spray off the cafe's tires, which is understandable. Smiley

Riding the Cafe' bike puts me in the "survival" mode.  It throws so much water all over the place that it becomes really hard to see anything.  It just isn't much fun.  A small brief shower isn't a big deal....an all day rain is.

If we get good ride days in on Thurs/Fri/Sat.....I most likely will be leaving sometime on Sunday.

« Last Edit: 06/07/15 at 09:19:05 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #351 - 06/07/15 at 07:31:37

I really want to see that Cafe close up  Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #352 - 06/07/15 at 12:38:44

Art Webb wrote on 06/07/15 at 07:31:37:
I really want to see that Cafe close up  Smiley

Bring your bifocals      Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #353 - 06/07/15 at 12:42:31

Verslagen is just a couple of hours out.
He drove until 2am last night and stopped in Amarillo if I'm not mistaken.
He's making good time.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #354 - 06/07/15 at 15:58:41

Made it. .. Long haul  Huh

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #355 - 06/07/15 at 16:22:24

Good planning Oldfeller. Thanks.

Thanks for the weather update Dave. Sure sounds good to me.

Art, I'm pretty much ready and sounds like you are too. We should chat Wednesday evening.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #356 - 06/07/15 at 18:31:29

Sounds like the wheels are in motion....it won't be long now!

I am excited about bringing the Cafe' bike as well.  The last trip was on the Ninja as the weather forecast wasn't great....and it turned out that we only got one little shower in 4 days.  I feel that I should be riding a Savage when I get together with this group.  However on that last ride MMRanch was riding his Sportster, his brother Kent was riding a Triumph Triple, and I was riding the Ninja 250.  The previous trip on the Cafe' MMRanch and I got wet a lot!

I am looking forward to staying dry this trip! Cool

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #357 - 06/07/15 at 20:39:46

I am looking forward to staying dry this trip!

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #358 - 06/08/15 at 09:45:55

springman wrote on 06/07/15 at 16:22:24:
Good planning Oldfeller. Thanks.

Thanks for the weather update Dave. Sure sounds good to me.

Art, I'm pretty much ready and sounds like you are too. We should chat Wednesday evening.

I actually work evenings, but I'm off Tuesday, probably a good time for a chat
Wednesday I work 3p to 11p or maybe later if things are busy at work, I'll prolly load the S40 Tuesday so I don't have a struggle after work Wednesday night or Thursday morning
I've yet to put my travel kit together, but there's not a lot to it

Lancer I'm only at the 'readers' stage so far, though a visit with an eye doctor might well change that (I'm far sited, and getting more so as I get into 'middle age'
My Ninja 500 was a great buke, except it hurt my hips to ride
I'm real curious how a cafe compares (I'm probably too old to be wondering that  Grin)

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #359 - 06/08/15 at 10:47:54

My Ninja 250 is far more comfortable than the Cafe'.  The Ninja has handlebars that are much higher and closer and you don't have to lean over nearly as far to reach them, the Ninja has several more inches of seat padding and is long enough to carry 2 small adults, the Ninja has a lot more forgiving suspension (although I am working on making the Cafe' suspension a bit more agreeable).

Riding the Ninja for long periods is easy....riding the Cafe' for long periods is a bit of a challenge! Shocked

I suppose I am making up for the fact that my drive to the area will only be about 6 hours....while some you are driving much farther.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:16:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.