Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #330 - 06/04/15 at 20:01:41

Grin

Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I can hardly wait !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #331 - 06/04/15 at 21:28:57

MMRanch wrote on 06/04/15 at 20:01:41:
Grin

Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I can hardly wait !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley                       ....  a little sarcasm in a sea of grins?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #332 - 06/05/15 at 03:30:39

Yep, the weather looks to be improving a bunch....hope the trend continues.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

I have been going to the "weather radar" on that weather page showing the current weather.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/weather-radar/2096614

For the last few days the weather forecast was pretty gloomy - but the weather radar actually showed a lot of space between the storms. The precipitation seemed to be focused on the mountains tops as the clouds were being force up and over the tops.  It appears that if we had someone with a good "radar app" on their phone we could most likely ride around most of the storms.  Anybody know of a good "weather radar app" to put on an I-phone?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #333 - 06/05/15 at 04:53:19

In year past I have observed cloud masses squeezing down into a pass while going over a mountain.

I have seen rain clouds rolling over a ridge line like an inverse water fall, leaving a curl zone at the very top just like a wave does.

On the Cherohala we rode through a wet one, I swear it was like standing rain, not falling yet, but just hovering in the air.

We have run away from thunderstorms and tried to steer around them, but they are actually quite large and there are few road choices up in them mountains.

I can remember running into a storm, sitting it out, starting the bikes back up and simply catching up with the sucker again.  And again.  And again.

Sometimes you luck out and are visiting an area where the weather isn't -- to try to do this might mean planning some "flatland" trips like the bike museum in Maggie Valley instead of getting right up in the weather's face (high mountains).

A day trip to avoid inbound weather might mean crossing the ridge line to the Tennessee side, say go Hwy 32 all the way to the knife store.   Get in front of it before it elevates and dumps, in other words.   Trip back might get a little soggy though.  

(It gets hot down in them Tennessee flatlands, don't it?)

Dave can be our weather sage, guiding our little band of explorers "in the way of the Dry Pavement".

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #334 - 06/05/15 at 07:01:20

Versy is due at my place Sunday afternoon some time.
We will take at least a 1 day rest before heading to MM's place, unless he wants us to wait for Wednesday.  
It is a really good days drive from Henryetta to Lynchburg; about 10 hours I believe, so we would be pulling in late in the evening some time.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #335 - 06/05/15 at 07:06:13

If you guys are contemplating showing up a day earlier at the Blue Ridge, then refine those plans into reality and tell us -- Dave will be there Wednesday anyway and I can see about getting off work an extra day and see about matching that.

But we need to know what your exit plan from MM's to the Blue Ridge is going to be, and knowing sooner makes it easier to add a day.

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Wed June 10th (+/-) Lancer, Verslagen arrive at MMRanch's.  Dave arrives at the Blue Ridge Campground in the afternoon.    
Thur June 11th -  Dave already at Blue Ridge by cabin #4, Oldfeller arrives in the PM.
Fri June 12th - MM's group packs up and heads to Blue Ridge Campground.....Oldfeller and Dave may ride to Tellico Plains to meet the group.  Art Webb and Springman may be arriving at the Blue Ridge (Plans adjusted as needed to welcome the Texan's).  
Sat June 13th - Riding
Sun June 14th - Riding......Dave packs up and heads home unless weather is irresistible.   (or unless he packs a different bike)    Wink
Mon June 15th - Riding
Tue June 16th - Riding
Wed June 17th - Pack up and head home.

« Last Edit: 06/05/15 at 15:26:34 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #336 - 06/05/15 at 09:41:29

On whatever day the MM group decides to travel to the Blue Ridge, a good place for us to meet you is in Tellico Plains at the Kats Deli.

http://tellicokats.com/

MMRanch, his brother Kent and I all came from different directions and met here for lunch last year on the way to the Dragon at Deals Gap.  They had good food and a nice view of the river.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #337 - 06/05/15 at 13:36:41

Hey Oldfeller. Art and I are hoping to get there late Thursday night. We intend to take as few breaks as possible in the drive. And I expect my brother-in-law Steve will be arriving that night also. What would the sleeping arrangements be for that night?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #338 - 06/05/15 at 15:33:57

springman wrote on 06/05/15 at 13:36:41:
Hey Oldfeller. Art and I are hoping to get there late Thursday night. We intend to take as few breaks as possible in the drive. And I expect my brother-in-law Steve will be arriving that night also. What would the sleeping arrangements be for that night?

Existing plans pending Verslagen, Lancer and MM giving us an early arrival update:

Wed June 10th (+/-) Lancer, Verslagen arrive at MMRanch's.  Dave arrives at the Blue Ridge Campground in the afternoon.    
Thur June 11th -  Dave already at Blue Ridge by cabin #4, Oldfeller arrives in the PM. Art and Spring and brother in law Steve are hoping to get there late Thursday night also.
Fri June 12th - MM's group packs up and heads to Blue Ridge Campground.....Oldfeller and Dave may ride to Tellico Plains to meet the group.  Art Webb and Springman may be arriving at the Blue Ridge (Plans adjusted as needed to welcome the Texan's).

You are correct in thinking there is a conflict -- with only part of the group showing up early we are missing both MM's tent and Lancer's cabin on Thursday night.

you guys might have to take a cabin for a bit or perhaps rent a tent if the Blue Ridge guys have one to rent.

Sounds pretty sure we are going to have a 5 wide chunk of people there on Thursday night ....

Verslagen, Lancer, MM -- talk to us please.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #339 - 06/05/15 at 15:49:53

At the moment, I can't say if I'm leaving on time or not.
It's a long drive, and I have plenty to do before I leave.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #340 - 06/05/15 at 18:57:24

I will be sleeping in my trailer.  I have a tent that sleeps 2 comfortably on cots......3 would be a tight fit and the cots could not be used.  I have been wanting to get a larger tent for car camping, I will look around and see what is available and I hopefully can bring a second larger tent with me.

So.....come on Thursday night if you can get there.....it will give us a full riding day on Friday that way, and avoid the confusion of having 3 wandering groups trying to hook up on Friday.  The weather forecast for Friday is currently one of the best days of the trip.     

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #341 - 06/05/15 at 21:19:25

My best guess is :  

Versey and Lancer get to Lynchburg Wensday evening
We spend Thursday Shooting and resting-up and packing the bikes,
Friday morning we head East to Telico Plains (5hrs +-) and meet ya'll at Kats Dinner for a late lunch .

unless ;

Versey and Lancer are leaving their bikes on the truck ?
If thats the case ...
We can hop the Super-Slab and Never-mind the Hwy 30 scenic route.
Lunch time would really be Lunch time ... Going east - we'll loose an hour .

Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #342 - 06/05/15 at 22:17:59

I can sleep in the bed of my truck Thursday night if it ain't rainin, and I think Springman had a tent he said he could bring
we'll get it worked out
if it is raining I could still sleep in the truck, just not all stretched out  Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #343 - 06/05/15 at 23:07:13

Ready to throw everything on the truck, make one desperate run to the post office and make like a bee to ok.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #344 - 06/06/15 at 04:59:17

MM, remember that Verslagen has an engine to pick up from me, so he'll be bringing his truck to the Blue Ridge.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:19:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.