Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #315 - 06/03/15 at 12:13:00

I guess I'll just have to pop a wheelie and ride in on the rear tire only! Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #316 - 06/03/15 at 15:00:20

Wheelie, huh.  

Lemme tell you about the time MM was in front and I was riding #2.

We were going down the Road to Nowhere (Vampire Road) approaching the Uneven Bridge on our way to the Tunnel when suddenly MM pops his front end 4-5" up in the air, then he flipped his closed lid open and and then by golly he pressure spewed all over the place while he was slowing down ---- and of course as #2 position who was following him closely I rode straight through the hovering spew just as I hit the Uneven Bridge --- I thought I was going down for a second there because I couldn't see as my glasses were covered in a yellow mist and some of it had gotten into my mouth while I was laughing at MM's antics ....

Cool

There is a skill to telling mountain tales -- every word must be true and all of these things are true and actually happened.   But like most of these tales, there is more to the story that someone else will tell you.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #317 - 06/03/15 at 18:29:02

You got me to wondering there Oldfeller, why was MM spewing? Fair warning to you then. I have a weak stomach. You may not want to ride behind me then. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #318 - 06/03/15 at 18:53:25

I think it was due to all the bouncing and tumbling and rolling around ....

...... plus I think landing on his neck and splitting partially open had a lot to do with it as well .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #319 - 06/03/15 at 21:09:31

OldFeller
You referring to the time my Dew Popped out of its holder and hit the road ?   Embarrassed   I used to carry my drink in a cup-holder hooked onto the cargo bunggie between the handle bars.   It never would have popped out if it weren't for that big dip/bump thingie at the bridge.   But I've got a regular cup-holder made for  a bike now !  Cheesy    You know , warm shook-up dew sliding down the road in a plastic bottle is a dangerous thing.  Lips Sealed

And didn't I offer to cook that squirrel for ya ?   ( I think it was just a really big chip-monk ) , it all happened so fast ???  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #320 - 06/04/15 at 03:07:06

I do believe that Oldfeller might need to make a career change.....the National Enquirer could use a writer that knows how to rearrange the details into a more "juicy" event. Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #321 - 06/04/15 at 04:43:45

MM makes it sound like a small bottle came out of a handle bar holder, but it was a liter sized bottle that popped open the of lid of his keg-like reinforced sissy bar luggage that then hit the ground neck first and did me.  

He flung a BIG dew grenade at me.   But it was funny because he bumped up in the air completely off his seat and was hovering over his bike for a second and his big dew was floating in the air right behind his back.

Point being that that road can DO things to you --- like throw chipmunks under your tires and have slithery things going on in the dark as you dodge great big huge piles of ?? something ?? as you creep through the spooky tunnel.

As far as what the news people do, where do you think I learned it from?   It is all about presenting a readily misinterpreted something for YOU to grab on to and run with ..... but I always stick with true facts and they really aren't sure about theirs.

Unless it was a Lancer Rex story from when Lancer wasn't there .... now those are legendary.

==========================================

And speaking of folks who can't keep their story straight from one day to the next .....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

« Last Edit: 06/04/15 at 09:33:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #322 - 06/04/15 at 05:12:01

I have seen MM's big bottle of Mountain Dew, and even gone to the Dollar Store with him to buy a bottle.  He now "downloads" the big bottle into some smaller bottles....and he claims he has had some of the small bottles long enough to "become emotionally attached to them"! Wink

Well the "weekendy" days are improving...hopefully the nice weather will slide over into Thursday and Friday as well.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #323 - 06/04/15 at 05:49:20

OK, you had me going there for a while. No worries, I won't have any carbonated drinks with me.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #324 - 06/04/15 at 07:12:56

Dave wrote on 06/04/15 at 05:12:01:
I have seen MM's big bottle of Mountain Dew, and even gone to the Dollar Store with him to buy a bottle.  He now "downloads" the big bottle into some smaller bottles....and he claims he has had some of the small bottles long enough to "become emotionally attached to them"! Wink

Well the "weekendy" days are improving...hopefully the nice weather will slide over into Thursday and Friday as well.

Just be careful of that red bottle of dew... it sure dew pack a kick.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #325 - 06/04/15 at 10:17:43

Hey guys.... been away for a week...
Long story short, friend's father passed unexpectedly, went to tampa to console and help.
Got taxed with arrangements here at home, to help settle some of the family's issues (house, burial, ect...).
So I will be missing this trip (was only coming for a day or two), but will be there at the Dragon2 in Aug, with the wife in tow Smiley
Take lots of pictures!
LOL, and getting there would have been a short 9 hour ride for me!
Maybe I can still swing a day or two... if my friend comes out of his fugue... he has more friends than just me to lean on.....
We shall see.... I have my tent.... and i'm not afraid to use it!
So i'm more NO than GO at this point in time.....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #326 - 06/04/15 at 10:51:56

OK old_rider....you will be missed for sure.  We hope to see you later in the summer with the Misses's,s.

I had a friend pass away before I got on this forum, and it took 3 of us close friends nearly 2 years to get his property cleaned up, his possessions sold, and everything resolved.  His family members are disabled and could not help.  It is just a part of being a "close friend".

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #327 - 06/04/15 at 11:35:32

Sorry to hear that old rider. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Good luck with your friend.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #328 - 06/04/15 at 13:59:32

Sorry to hear that Oldrider, maybe another time

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #329 - 06/04/15 at 19:31:09

Dave wrote on 06/04/15 at 05:12:01:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

Keep working it, Dave, Thursday is now clear and you and Lancer are now working on Friday now to get rid of the last .09" of precipitation and that last hour of potential drizzle time.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:19:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.