Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #300 - 06/03/15 at 07:45:15

Although I will watch the weather constantly........the real decision on what to bring will be made on Tuesday the 9th.  I will be packing things up that night and drive to work on Wednesday with whatever I will be bringing.

There are some good things about the Honda....comfy, windshield and tupperwear rain/wind deflectors, lots of storage, lots of HP, 7 gallon tank, places to plug electrical stuff in, and it feels like it can go around corners pretty fast.

The downside is that it won't fit in my enclosed trailer - so I will lose my comfy sleeping spot.  If I bring the Ninja it is halfway between the two bikes for comfort and weather protection, and I will be able to keep my sleeping spot in the trailer.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #301 - 06/03/15 at 07:58:59

springman wrote on 06/03/15 at 06:23:13:
Art, I am down to one car at the moment so cannot do it today, but I could swing by HF this weekend and pick up a ramp if you want me to.

I already bought the Ramp, Springman, but thanks for the offer

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #302 - 06/03/15 at 08:00:14

Dave wrote on 06/03/15 at 06:30:02:
springman wrote on 06/03/15 at 06:23:13:
Art, I am down to one car at the moment so cannot do it today, but I could swing by HF this weekend and pick up a ramp if you want me to.

You might also want to check Tractor Supply and Home Depot or Lowe's.  I bought my ramps at Tractor Supply on sale, and sometimes they mail out Discount flyers.

The weather forecast has taken a turn for the worse, hopefully they will once again change their minds in the next 7 days.  Unless it is a total rain out I will still come - but I may switch bikes as the Cafe' bike is not fun in the rain.

Tractor supply I checked, no joy

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #303 - 06/03/15 at 08:01:03

verslagen1 wrote on 06/02/15 at 22:27:06:
well, check your route, might be one on the way.

wouldn't helpe load the bike here though  Grin

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #304 - 06/03/15 at 08:16:13

No worries Art. Hey, just checking, you said the bed is 4.5 feet wide correct? That being the case I am thinking the bikes will probably have to go in staggered into the bed, i.e. your bike all the way up and mine about a foot or so back as the listed width of the bike is 28.3". Oh well, we'll figure it out.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #305 - 06/03/15 at 08:19:32

By the way, my brother-in-law from Atlanta (Steve), the one with the hurley says he will join us. He will probably ride into the camp Thursday some time and I expect we will get to the camp late Thursday night. I'll make sure either Steve or I bring a tent.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #306 - 06/03/15 at 08:24:14

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Wed June 10th (+/-) Lancer, Verslagen arrive at MMRanch's.  Dave arrives at the Blue Ridge Campground in the afternoon.    
Thur June 11th -  Dave already at Blue Ridge by cabin #4, Oldfeller arrives in the PM.
Fri June 12th - MM's group packs up and heads to Blue Ridge Campground.....Oldfeller and Dave may ride to Tellico Plains to meet the group.  Art Webb and Springman may be arriving at the Blue Ridge (Plans adjusted as needed to welcome the Texan's).  
Sat June 13th - Riding
Sun June 14th - Riding......Dave packs up and heads home unless weather is irresistible.   (or unless he packs a different bike)    Wink
Mon June 15th - Riding
Tue June 16th - Riding
Wed June 17th - Pack up and head home.

========================================

CLICK ON THE INDIVIDUAL DAYS AND look for the amount of precipitation and the duration of the rain event.   Remember, we are over 100 miles away most of the time anyway, so what takes place at the campground gets to be academic anyway.    What we bump into on the road itself has no predictability (Lord knows we have proven that time after time).

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

..... and count on it, you will meet up with a rain cloud at least once during the trip.
Stop and eat lunch or dinner, the road will be drying by the time you are done.  

Or ride on and get soaked, we have done it both ways.   (you dry out in an hour or so anyway)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #307 - 06/03/15 at 08:29:10

Bring a bathing suit.    Sliding Rock calls out to us on any day that seems misty to me .....

Bring a camera or plan to take pics with your phone.  

We gots people on the list who will never go anywhere unless we bring them with us through pics, etc.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #308 - 06/03/15 at 08:43:26

springman wrote on 06/03/15 at 08:16:13:
No worries Art. Hey, just checking, you said the bed is 4.5 feet wide correct? That being the case I am thinking the bikes will probably have to go in staggered into the bed, i.e. your bike all the way up and mine about a foot or so back as the listed width of the bike is 28.3". Oh well, we'll figure it out.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

that's why we put the front wheels in the corners of the bed, I think but we'll figure it out
BTW oldfellr, me and Springman will be leaving sometime Tuesday, to get home in time for our returns to work

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #309 - 06/03/15 at 09:14:09

Bring a bathing suit.    Sliding Rock calls out to us on any day that seems too misty to me .....

Bring a camera or plan to take pics with your phone.   Them girls on the slip slidy rock really need documenting, really they do.

We gots people on the list who will never go anywhere unless we bring them with us through pics, etc.

Bring some of your favorite sunblock, your arms and neck will need it, after days of riding.

Bring a spare set of keys (shite happens)

Put emergency contact info on your helmet and inside your wallet.

PUT A NORTH CAROLINA MAP INSIDE YOUR SADDLE BAGS  (I carry two since I seem to like to leave them places)

Print out and sign the waiver form if you are planning to go down Vampire Road with us at night to the visit the inhabited Tunnel to Nowhere at the end of the infamous Road to Nowhere  (them huge piles of poop inside that long lair are WAY too too large for a bear, so we suspect the Dragon hangs out there sometimes).   Watch out for the 6 foot long snakes, they feel kinda territorial when you are stomping around inside their house.  Bring a flashlight if you are of the skittery sort, but do count on the batteries going dead on you half way down the tunnel ....

Who knows, maybe we will get all fogged up pea soup style on the return trip like last time while we are there again .....

DO keep your sense of humor handy -- this is a rowdy crew, we may have gotten older but our sense of humor has yet to grow up to match our age level ....

Dave is the mature one -- let him negotiate with the cops and Forest Rangers.    Remember, show respect for the Forest Rangers -- they ARE cops and they can arrest or shoot you if need be.  

Do not carry concealed in a Federal or State park or near a NC Courtroom, school or a bar --- felony offense.    We ride through them parks all the time, so consider that fact, please.

DO NOT SPEED IN TENNESSEE -- the whole stinkin' place is one huge gargantuan speed trap.   Do not carry over $50 on you in TENNESSEE as they will confiscate your "drug money" and not return it to you, ever.    Default unmarked speed limit is only 45 mph in TENNESSEE which goes to prove it is one huge gargantuan speed trap.

(MM lives there, and that explains a lot about some of his eccentricities)

I live in NC, where the unmarked default speed limit is 55mph and that counts in the turns, too.   Them corner speed warning signs are just "good advice" and are not legally binding.    People who were raised in NC should never go to TENNESSEE, ever.   Their basic riding habits are a violation of the all the rules there.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #310 - 06/03/15 at 10:24:20

OK Oldfeller, I'll bite. What the heck is Vampire Road? I'm coming to ride, so if this is for real, count me in. Where do I sign?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #311 - 06/03/15 at 10:44:56

I'll let the others fill in the details --- as the least senior member going (counting Dragon hours only) you will of course take the lead position as the VRS and I will take the last position as the clean up man.  

MM likes to ride second as he REALLY digs watching somebody else run over all them crunchy & squeaky little critters for once.

Me, I've got the "dried possum guts all over the engine" tee shirt already.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #312 - 06/03/15 at 11:34:23

better bring a throwaway T, springman
I assume I am relegated to third, since I'm second junior-most but MM wants a show
I will likely hit the spooky roads, too
fair warning: if we're walking anywhere spooky, don't make loud scary noises behind me, (or at least not close behind me) I tend to back-kick first, then look to see what was after me Grin (also I have a groin pull, so I really don't wanna do any kicking, ouch)

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #313 - 06/03/15 at 11:46:22

This almost sounds like I'm being set up for something. Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #314 - 06/03/15 at 11:59:06

I think you're being set up to be doused in critter parts by your front tire  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:31:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.