Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #270 - 05/30/15 at 10:41:43

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/29/15 at 12:20:30:

Dave, MM

As you lay in plans please remember Verslagen  (or somebody coming from MM's)  needs to drive a truck or car to the Blue Ridge because Verslagen is picking up an engine from me.

This was the very start item of this trip, remember .....

I am not going past MM's house coming or going to the Blue Ridge Campground.....that would turn my 6 hour drive into an 11 hour drive.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #271 - 05/30/15 at 11:05:19

Nor am I.  

The point being that Verslagen needs to plan to drive a vehicle to the Blue Ridge Campground from MM's place instead of just riding his bike up to it.

Both you and MM sometimes seem to post like you think they are riding bikes from MM's  to the Blue Ridge and I am just pointing out they will need to be bringing a vehicle instead of biking it.   MM also needs to be bringing his tent and lawn chairs and whatever other stuff he is bringing.

Even with the two tents coming (4 people) we have 7 total coming so far, so one person is on the floor in the cabin right now on the max people nights.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #272 - 05/30/15 at 12:36:43

Me and Springman may be bypassing MMs place, too
300 miles of 70 mph on the S40 doesn't sound like a lot of fun, and we may need to bring stuff that won't transport by bike easily
I hope I can borrow my friend's old MC ramp to bring along
going straight to the campground saves us 120 miles and some time (thinking here about getting back to Columbus in time for us to be well rested for work Wednesday)
Will this create a parking problem?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #273 - 05/30/15 at 13:12:49

Art ,   ... the Dragon has a Super-Nice one mad of concrete . and I have a nice one made of rock wall .  So if you don't get one is OK !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #274 - 05/30/15 at 13:50:22

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Wed June 10th - MMRanch staging visitors from the far West.    
Thur June 11th -  Oldfeller and Dave already there by cabin #4
Fri June 12th - MM's group packs up and headto Blue Ridge Campground  
Sat June 13th -
Sun June 14th -
Mon June 15th -
Tue June 16th -
Wed June 17th - Pack up and head home.

========================================

WE ARE STILL TOO FAR OUT FOR ANY FORM OF REAL WEATHER ACCURACY .... it is all guesstimates right now.   The forecast tightens up at 2 weeks out but it will always say some chance of showers (mainly because up in the mountains there is always that chance).   Look at the individual days for the amount of precipitation, those 0.2" days are a heavy morning mist which also always happens all the time up in the mountains.

We've been through this before so you will always get you a 10 day out cancellation warning in case of fairly well predicted heavy bad weather (in time to get your money back on a cabin reservation).   If you are tenting, you will get cold at night and a bit dew wet each morning -- count on it.   So bring a bag and a blanket or two.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

..... and count on it, you will meet up with a rain cloud at least once during the trip.   Stop and eat lunch or dinner, the road will be drying by the time you are done.  

Or ride on and get soaked, we have done it both ways.   (you dry out in an hour or so anyway)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #275 - 05/30/15 at 14:00:07

Art, everywhere we go has a unload wall/ramp.   Some are concrete, some are stone -- all of them work jest dandy and we've used them all --- with both pull along trailers and with trucks.

Parking,  parking gets tightest at Blue Ridge, but since we get there relatively early the weekend crush tends to just park us in, but then the crush evaporates before we are ready to leave.

I'm mostly amazed there aren't more hit and runs in the ramp area, since some people are really stupid where they leave their stuff parked.

===================

Today, for my Saturday entertainment I unfolded my bike trailer and put my bike on it.

Tires inflated, oil checked, up there on the trailer and just about totally strapped down and ready to go.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #276 - 05/30/15 at 15:06:43

Well, I decided that I would just relax today. No shade tree mechanic-ing today.

3_cars_rain.JPG

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #277 - 05/30/15 at 15:12:13

Got your pm Art. I agree, going straight to campground will be less wear and tear on us. And from what everyone is saying there will be places for off loading the bikes.

Versy, Heeellllllllllppppppp.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #278 - 05/30/15 at 15:18:48

went paintballing this morn, it maybe tomorrow before I move again.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #279 - 05/30/15 at 16:22:39

Aleve my friend, Aleve.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #280 - 05/30/15 at 16:59:18

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

As promised, at 2 weeks out the shorter term algorithms kick in and the forecast takes a turn for the better.  

Take a look at it, we will need to spit on the trip by this upcoming Wednesday  if the cabin holders want their money back.

Also be aware that at one week out a new set of algorithms kick in and the forecast changes yet again -- into "cover the forecaster's butt" mode since no-body gets mad if the weather is better than predicted but the forecaster catches hell if it is WORSE than predicted.

Smiley

Bring a jacket and some long sleeve shirts for layering boys -- cool weather is predicted in the mornings with some days the highs are not breaking 70 degrees  ......  that's cool compared to years past.

« Last Edit: 05/31/15 at 18:00:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #281 - 05/30/15 at 20:50:19

Thanks for the heads up Oldfeller. I prefer dry but if it rains, well then it rains.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #282 - 05/30/15 at 22:20:31

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/30/15 at 14:00:07:
Art, everywhere we go has a unload wall/ramp.   Some are concrete, some are stone -- all of them work jest dandy and we've used them all --- with both pull along trailers and with trucks.

Parking,  parking gets tightest at Blue Ridge, but since we get there relatively early the weekend crush tends to just park us in, but then the crush evaporates before we are ready to leave.

I'm mostly amazed there aren't more hit and runs in the ramp area, since some people are really stupid where they leave their stuff parked.

===================

Today, for my Saturday entertainment I unfolded my bike trailer and put my bike on it.

Tires inflated, oil checked, up there on the trailer and just about totally strapped down and ready to go.

Good to Know Oldfeller, I sure don't want to have to lift the fool bikes off thr truck lol
One of my possible load points wont work as well as I had hoped, I'll need to check out the other and see what's up with it
One thing that gave me a pleasant surprise; I knew the Ranger wasn't as tall as the truck I used when I got the flat in Austin, but I didn't realize how much lower it was until today when I backed it up the the curb in my parking lot and dropped the tailgate to unload some stuff
That's one reason I liked the ranger when I first saw it; unlike a lot of pickups it doesn't sit unnecessarily tall (a lot of trucks today are as tall as they are for ego gratification, not out of necessity)

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #283 - 05/31/15 at 18:34:36

OK, I called the Blue Ridge guys to check on the availability of the washer and the dryer as I was thinking about packing light and just washing clothes a couple of times during the stay.

Yup, washer and dryer are operational.   I also asked about Dave's favorite "noisy as hell" fan and I am told it was replaced before the season started and all is well in the men's shower area.

So, we can all share a clothes wash/dry load ever other day and you can pack somewhat lighter if you choose to do so -- I would be simply cutting down on the cruft I am bringing so as to have room in the Cube for some people carrying duty on Sunday since it seems to be planning on raining that day.

Long sleeve shirts, bring at least two of them for layering as it is going to be nippy in the mornings -- below 60 degrees on most of our mornings.   Double up when first starting, then strip one at 10:00 and perhaps strip the other one later on if it gets warm enough.   Or you can put on and take of a jacket -- your choice.

I will also bring two folding lawn chairs and we can steal the picnic table if it isn't already set up at our location.

I now count 3 cars/trucks coming up to the Blue Ridge, so if Sunday turns out as soggy as it is currently predicted to be we can simply get in our vehicles and go somewhere and do something.

You know, I don't think we have ever been to Asheville for very much, ever.   Eateries, Malls and Movies are open on Sunday when not much else is up in the mountains.    

Waynesville is 14 miles north on the road we are staying on and Asheville is only 30 miles further away, so it isn't like we are stranded in the Sargasso sea or anything.

This sounds funky, but bring an umbrella for Sunday the 14th as it is 12 hours of solid steady rain predicted on that day.   You may need it to get to the bathroom, etc.

Jun 13 - Sat - APPALACHIAN LIFESTYLE Celebration - Main Street, Waynesville NC.
Protecting, preserving & developing our historical & cultural resources through a heritage themed event. Educational & entertaining, 10am-5pm 2015 AL Vendor Application

http://www.visitnc.com/event/scca-chasing-the-dragon-hillclimb-viii

SCCA “Chasing the Dragon” Hillclimb VIII
www.ccrscca.com

Fri., Jun. 12 - Sun., Jun. 14
Starting at 2:00 pm - Ending at 4:00 pm
This is a pay to run event on a closed road -- you are racing the clock for a prize

Not got much earthshaking going on on Sunday, June 14th.  

Somebody pack a deck of cards.   Might have to play poker and drink beer, who knows?

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #284 - 05/31/15 at 22:45:55

Driving thousands of miles to play cards and drink beer in the rain ?   Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's time to rebuke that rain in the name of  JESUS ! ! !

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:16:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.