Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #255 - 05/28/15 at 14:20:25

We're floodin down in Texas, hope we use all the rain up that might've got us on the Dragon  Grin
Still no definite word from my boss Sad
the other day one of my regular customers asked me if I wanted a job driving a truck (he just hired on and they're looking for drivers)
I told him not before i ride the dragon, but darn it's tempting

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #256 - 05/28/15 at 15:13:57

Hey Art, I was wondering how hard it hit in Columbus. It was not pretty in Houston. Take care of yourslef buddy. Don't do like Old Rider that likes to use his Savage as a submarine.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #257 - 05/28/15 at 15:31:57

good to see you're above water Springman, we got plenty rain, (and some hail  Huh) and the Colorado is waaaay up, but the town proper fared far better than Houston, no swept away cars / drowned people, nad no many FD callouts

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #258 - 05/28/15 at 16:36:44

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Wed June 10th - MMRanch staging visitors from the far West.    
Thur June 11th -  Oldfeller and Dave already there by cabin #4
Fri June 12th - MM's group packs up and headto Blue Ridge Campground  
Sat June 13th -
Sun June 14th -
Mon June 15th -
Tue June 16th -
Wed June 17th - Pack up and head home.

========================================

WE ARE STILL TOO FAR OUT FOR ANY FORM OF REAL WEATHER ACCURACY .... it is all guesstimates right now.   The forecast tightens up at 2 weeks out but it will always say some chance of showers (mainly because up in the mountains there is always that chance).   Look at the individual days for the amount of precipitation, those 0.2" days are a heavy morning mist which also always happens all the time up in the mountains.

We've been through this before so you will always get you a 10 day out cancellation warning in case of fairly well predicted heavy bad weather (in time to get your money back on a cabin reservation).   If you are tenting, you will get cold at night and a bit dew wet each morning -- count on it.   So bring a bag and a blanket or two.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

..... and count on it, you will meet up with a rain cloud at least once during the trip.   Stop and eat lunch or dinner, the road will be drying by the time you are done.  

Or ride on and get soaked, we have done it both ways.   (you dry out in an hour or so anyway)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #259 - 05/28/15 at 21:37:22

Well today I got "you got the time off....if nothing unexpected happens"  Lips Sealed
Hope nothing unexpected happens

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #260 - 05/29/15 at 06:37:01

I know it is still too early to check the weather.....but that doesn't stop me from looking.  It was looking pretty promising when it said "occasional afternoon shower" an hour ago - but now it says "strong afternoon thunderstorm"!

A lot can change in an hour........but we are still 2 weeks away and they are just guessing (I keep telling myself that). Undecided

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #261 - 05/29/15 at 07:11:42

I got rained on the other day, not  a downpour but a decent shower
I was dry by the end of the ride
Still, riding in a soaker ain't fun

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #262 - 05/29/15 at 07:18:04

The day by day verbiage changes are scary, until you click on the day in question and see how much precipitation (0.2") and the time span involved (1 hour)  --  then you say to yourself, "We will likely be 100+ miles away during that particular hour ...."

I can remember one trip that I dumped on several years ago because the entire trip was predicted to be soggy, but folks who did go reported occasional showers that they simply rode through.  

Wet, yep, a little wet is part of the Dragon experience .....   if there winds up being a day that is long term soggy I say stay at camp or plan to go to Sliding Rock if wet is going to happen anyway.   Or else since we are going to have my Cube and a pair of trucks present, we could simply get in them and go catch a movie and dinner at Waynesboro.

Remember, the entire forecast changes two weeks out and at a week out --- different models are used in different time periods.

And the final forecast for tomorrow isn't much better than 75% accurate on fine details.

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #263 - 05/29/15 at 07:52:56

Hey Art, that is good news. That means you and I are a definite "probably going to be there". Grin Grin Grin

I guess I better buy that rainsuit just in case we do need it. After the rain the hill country threw at us, I think I can manage some summer showers. By the way, I have a brother-in-law in the Atlanta area that has expressed some interest in riding with us. He rides and hd. Please all let me know if any objections to him showing up. I do not know if he really will show up, but he did express interest.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #264 - 05/29/15 at 08:06:08

Yeah I better get on with checking my loading options  Grin
One of them is a grassy hill that might be problematic if it's wet, the other is a loading dock that MIGHT be a mite tall  Grin
there are of course other possibilities, but those look the best, so far

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #265 - 05/29/15 at 08:27:06

Sounds good Art. Let's stay in touch.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #266 - 05/29/15 at 08:46:22

will do man, site, phone, or txt, it's all good

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #267 - 05/29/15 at 08:53:31

springman wrote on 05/29/15 at 07:52:56:
Hey Art, that is good news. That means you and I are a definite "probably going to be there". Grin Grin Grin

I guess I better buy that rainsuit just in case we do need it. After the rain the hill country threw at us, I think I can manage some summer showers. By the way, I have a brother-in-law in the Atlanta area that has expressed some interest in riding with us. He rides and hd. Please all let me know if any objections to him showing up. I do not know if he really will show up, but he did express interest.

Springman, bring him if he wants to come.   I don't think this trip is intended to be anything other than low key riding for the pleasure of it, and if we were saying earlier it was going to be wifey safe I think that includes hurley safe.

BTW, having a hurley or two around is good luck for the rest of the group as a whole, you know.   Mechanical gremlins seem to prefer munching on porkchops and they leave the rest of us alone.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #268 - 05/29/15 at 10:33:36

Sounds cool Oldfeller. I'll let him know it is wife safe so a brother-in-law with a hurley should be OK.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #269 - 05/29/15 at 12:20:30

Dave, MM

As you lay in plans please remember Verslagen  (or somebody coming from MM's)  needs to drive a truck or car to the Blue Ridge because Verslagen is picking up an engine from me.

This was the very start item of this trip, remember .....

« Last Edit: 05/30/15 at 06:06:51 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:21:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.