Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #165 - 05/07/15 at 11:50:04

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/07/15 at 11:35:34:

It is doing the same thing it always does which is drifting one day to the left every 3 days by doing so it will give us clear skies before very long which will all change when we get 10 days out and the forecast gets real.

Cool

« Last Edit: 05/07/15 at 18:34:02 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #166 - 05/07/15 at 13:50:10

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/07/15 at 09:15:13:

Wink   Art is still waffling in his heart, he WANTS to go but he can't justify the cost unless he picks up somebody to truck up with and split the gas costs.

If there is anything that my plans can offer to help Art get there I am all for helping out...Just not sure if any of my timing or location fit the need?

Routes for Art appear to take him through either Birmingham or directly through Auburn, but he;s likely wanting to get there much earlier than late Friday night as I will probably do.  

Art, do I need to mail you $20 for the "Art's Tail of the Dragon Gas Fund"?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #167 - 05/07/15 at 14:17:36

Actually at this point money isn't a problem: my bank just gave me a major bump in my credit limit on my CC (it pays to pay on time, and pay over the minimum)  Smiley but at this point I don't have sufficient time to get the time off, as there aren't a lot of folks trained to my posistion, si I'll have to aim for DR #2, if that's still gonna happen

Stewmills, I thank you kindly for the generous offer, but after all the years I couldn't, I set great store by paying my own way, no offeanse
Oldfeller, you know it,  I will miss the chance of riding with you, unless we both make the later run  Sad
If not, maybe next year
BTW, you shoulda been on the sisters with us, lots of Harley sammiches to eat up  Grin
Including a Road Glide that ate my lunch Sad
I suck  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #168 - 05/07/15 at 20:52:02

Wait a minute Art !  Shocked
You handled that (^*&$%#@)  ... on the wet road just as good as I did !  Wink   and .... best I could tell you didn't wet your pants no more than I did --- ofcourse it was raining buckets , at night , running 65-70 mph , in traffic ... so it was kinda hard to tell where all the "Wet" spots came from !  Grin

Yea ! At first I thought it was a gallon of wet paint somebody dropped in the road (slick as "wet paint"  Roll Eyes) , the next day I saw the debree , then I though it might have been a "wet-splatered-Cow-Pie" ...  Tongue .   I think I slid 10 or 20 feet with "ZERO" traction at night, in the rain ,  on the interstate.  Embarrassed

Point is "you did as good as I did" !   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #169 - 05/07/15 at 21:15:23

My bike didn't skid nearly 20 feet, and it was over before i had a chance to be scared  Grin
Honestly the big deal on the sisters was 'tight, uphill, rock wall on one side, guardrail on the other' I was scared, then lol
if I hadn't panicked, I likely would have made it (i did through all the same typel turns before that one)
then the next day we didscovered my rear shock were set too soft, and uneven  Grin

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #170 - 05/08/15 at 07:21:08

That oil slick or wet cow patty or whatever it was, was shall we say, one of the most exciting moments I have had on my bike. I just can't believe we all hit it. Thank God we all managed it.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #171 - 05/08/15 at 07:28:49

I am really envious of all of you going on the Dragon run. I would love to be there but just have too much going on. I hope you all have a great time and post many pictures. Hopefully I can join you all next year.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #172 - 05/08/15 at 07:39:21

Smiley    Oddest thing, everyone is reluctant to go the first time, but once they do go they keep on coming back .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #173 - 05/08/15 at 08:06:17

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/08/15 at 07:39:21:

Smiley    Oddest thing, everyone is reluctant to go the first time, but once they do go they keep on coming back .....

Is this the 10th or 11th year ?
We started in '95 I believe, and if so then this would be the 11th rodeo for us.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #174 - 05/08/15 at 08:11:57

..... and Art, on the first year we went a fast Hurley Dresser with a long naked haired Lady Godiva on the back of it ran on ahead of all of us except Lancer.

I wuz busy filming from the very back of the pack so I got ran over too since I couldn't change position --- and about that time I did film a pretty fern covered hillside actually trying to reach out and eat a rider, so my decision to keep on filming was a good one.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #175 - 05/08/15 at 08:36:03

I am not at all reluctant, just can't do it due to work  Angry
Old felller, I ride sweep because I'd wind up in the rear anyway  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #176 - 05/08/15 at 09:05:34

Work is funny, some years mine is restrictive and other years it is pretty lenient.

Dave is talking about going down a day or so early and I will ask if I can go Wednesday too once Dave firms up his plans.   Worst they can say is "no".  

If so, we will tent for a night or so before everybody else starts showing up.

Mebbe -- Dave's work life is crowded busy so he might not get away due to a called meeting or inspection,  etc.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #177 - 05/08/15 at 09:22:54

Art Webb wrote on 05/07/15 at 21:15:23:
then the next day we discovered my rear shock were set too soft, and uneven  Grin

I think MMRanch had a .. umm..  similiar?.. problem the next day...

Sorry.. just could NOT resist!   Grin

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #178 - 05/08/15 at 09:26:09

Shocked    

I think I am going to take my 10mm, 12mm, 13mm and 14mm wrenches and go over my bolts & nuts again .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #179 - 05/08/15 at 09:34:58

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Wed June 10th - MMRanch staging visitors from the far West.    
Thur June 11th -
Fri June 12th - Pack up and head to Blue Ridge Campground   Oldfeller and Dave already there by cabin #4
Sat June 13th -
Sun June 14th -
Mon June 15th -
Tue June 16th -
Wed June 17th - Pack up and head home.

========================================

WE ARE STILL TOO FAR OUT FOR ANY FORM OF ACCURACY .... it is all just noise right now.

We've been through this before so you will get a 10 day out cancellation warning in case of fairly well predicted bad weather (in time to get your money back on a cabin reservation).   If you are tenting, you will get cold at night and a bit dew wet each morning -- count on it.   So bring a bag and a blanket or two.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

..... and count on it, you will meet up with a rain cloud at least once during the trip.   Stop and eat lunch or dinner, the road will be drying by the time you are done.  

Or ride on and get soaked, we have done it both ways.   (you dry out in an hour or so anyway)

==========================================

OK, Dave has broached the idea of starting the festivities on Wednesday the 10th.  Let's discuss it some and see what everybody thinks.   MM will be staging his troops at his house and may have plans for them, but that doesn't mean Dave and I can't run around some before the rest of the guys get there.

Wink

Punch the little keys wid yer fingers, we ain't telepaths you know.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:22:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.