Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #150 - 05/01/15 at 03:26:12

My trailer is the Challenger series made by Homesteader, it is 8 foot long and 4 feet wide, with a 4 foot ceiling height.  It is good for one bike and a place to sleep next to the bike....but it is small.  I did have two bikes in it once....it was really tight and as a precaution I took the tanks off both bikes.  Crawling around in between the bikes to get them tied down was really difficult - with a single bike it is easy.  For the stock Savage the 4 foot height work fine once you take the mirrors off - but for a bike with a windshield it would be too short.
http://homesteadertrailer.info/challenger-enclosed-cargo-trailers/

Since you have a truck to pull the trailer - you could get a larger trailer than I can pull with my little car.  The good thing about my little trailer is I can still get 24 mpg with the car, bike and trailer.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #151 - 05/01/15 at 10:16:04

MM butt burn is the only way I can describe it
I can go 500 miles easily in a car or truck, but on a bike it's a killer
I'd really like to try an airhawk, maybe once I get my sheild and throttle cable replaced, get my carb sorted (versy says I need to rejet badly) and get a few bux I'll get one
Hate to spend 70 bux on something I haven't tried, though

I wonder if my Ranger would be up to making the trip?
Not sure but I think she gets about 20 on the highway
you got a hill I could back up to for unloading MM?
or a ditch? or a big hole?  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #152 - 05/01/15 at 21:10:50

Dude I've got Ramps and a place for unloading !  Wink   If it wasn't late tonight already I'd go take some pictures for ya.    Smiley

Don't "Break the Bank" to get here , but if it will work-out for ya (and I hope it does) come on to TN. then NC. with us !  Cheesy  
Look-up the  Cherohala Sky Way on the net ... thats the bridge from Telico Plains TN. to Robinsville NC.(Dragon Country).  Its on the way from my house  to our campsite (not the shortest way but the most fun way) Grin.

cherohalamap.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #153 - 05/01/15 at 21:14:50

Again !  Roll Eyes

Ain't nothing like Texas in the Spring time ... but ... not to bad either !  Smiley

Just noticed !  This "Person" isn't staying in (his/her) lane --- BAD,BAD,BAD !  Huh   ....  Probably a "FLAT-LANDER" that has never met some body on a blind curve who couldn't stay on their own side either !  Undecided

cherohala.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #154 - 05/02/15 at 06:57:13

We'll see MMR
Last night I found a wet spot where the bolt that used to hold the chrome cover on is, and below there, too, near the exhaust pipe
I hope it just needs to be tightened, and this isn't the dreaded 'plug cap leak' I'd be a bit upset to see that at less than 6k miles
really don't want to pull the head, or head cover, or whatever
also, my bars are loose again Sad
I tightened them where Versy said to, and they loosened again.
maybe the crash did something there

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #155 - 05/02/15 at 17:14:11

Hey Art, don't feel bad. I would love to go on this trip also but just cannot make it this time. Maybe September or else maybe next year. I really do hope the hill country ride becomes an annual event. I think everybody had a great time and I am sure anybody else that decides to show up in the future will love it also specially as long as youzguys continues to be the ride leader. All hail youzguys!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #156 - 05/02/15 at 17:15:37

Hey MM, are you sure that isn't a picture of the Aussie outback? Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #157 - 05/02/15 at 18:37:02

springman wrote on 05/02/15 at 17:15:37:
Hey MM, are you sure that isn't a picture of the Aussie outback? Grin Grin Grin

too small to tell, could be aussie or harriet.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #158 - 05/02/15 at 21:09:37

Springman wrote: Hey MM, are you sure that isn't a picture of the Aussie outback?

Nope , strait off the Cherohala Sky Way search. Roll Eyes

From Lynchburg follow hwy 55 North to the Hwy 30 junction , turn east and go all the way to Tellico Plains , then get on the sky way all the way to the Dragon.   A ride on Hwy 30 will get ya ready to Slay-The-Dragon with no problem !  Grin    ...    There is a NC. Hwy 30 that is about the same.    Wink

I rode part of Tn.30 today (up and over Spencer Mountain) ... its about like the Dragon but with a 45mph speed limit   Smiley.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/tn_mid_north.html

View Larger Map
Scenic road  Twisty road  Sweepers
McMinnville - Jct. US 64

Distance/Driving time: 118 miles/2h, 55m

County(ies): Warren, Van Buren, Bledsoe, Rhea, Meigs, McMinn, Polk

Download GPS file  Instructions

Submit your comments on this road.

Rider Comments: [Open All][Close All]
Lots of nice scenery. Great twisties. more...
This is how I go to the mountains over the ridges and thru the woods. more...
If you are in the Spencer, McMinnville, Cookville area you would be hard pressed to find a twistier section of road than into and out of Spencer on Route 30, particularly just east of Spencer. more...
Lots of curves on this road, don't let the map fool ya. more...
The maps show this road as fairly straight. more...
Early spring, frost & thaw. more...
Wonderfully diverse, several climbs and drops into and out of gorges, mixed with sweeping country farmland. more...
My personal favorite twisty that is close to home. more...
Beautiful scenery and excellent road, just wished they had pullover stops on the hills for pictures of the breathtaking views. more...

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #159 - 05/03/15 at 05:34:06

WE ARE STILL TOO FAR OUT FOR ANY FORM OF ACCURACY .... it is all just noise right now.

We've been through this before so you will get a 10 day out cancellation warning in case of fairly well predicted bad weather (in time to get your money back on a cabin reservation).   If you are tenting, you will get cold at night and a bit dew wet each morning -- count on it.   So bring a bag and a blanket or two.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/month/2096614?monyr=6/01/2015

..... and count on it, you will meet up with a rain cloud at least once during the trip.   Stop and eat lunch or dinner, the road will be drying by the time you are done.  

Or ride on and get soaked, we have done it both ways.   (you dry out in an hour or so anyway)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #160 - 05/03/15 at 09:46:20

Got my throttle cable in yesterday, now i get to try installing it lol

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #161 - 05/07/15 at 07:41:31

Hey guys (and gals).  Just checking in to note that I am still tentatively planning on coming up late Friday to ride on Saturday, may ride Sunday morning or drive home late Saturday night.

Been a little detached lately due to just being busy with the home and garden and losing my father-in-law a couple of weeks ago...so I am trying to balance family as well as pleasure, and when duty calls family of course has to take precedence should anything come up.

But...since I was planning to rest in the truck anyway, I shouldn't be missed if I have to duck out at the last minute.

I'll keep in touch as time draws near.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #162 - 05/07/15 at 09:15:13

Stewmills,

We have a spot planned for you inside a tent or on the floor inside a cabin.

We cook our final plans according to who is coming on the week before we actually go, that way we only have to do it  two, mebbe 3 times .....

Wink   Art is still waffling in his heart, he WANTS to go but he can't justify the cost unless he picks up somebody to truck up with and split the gas costs.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #163 - 05/07/15 at 11:28:28

If weather supports it.....I most likely will be driving down on Wednesday, June 10th after work.  This will be the first time in several years that I don't have a late City Council meeting on the Wednesday night....so I am apt to arrive in the area before dark.  I will not unpack anything and just sleep in my trailer on Wednesday night, and be at the Blue Ridge Campground early on Thursday ready to go riding.

Dave

PS.....Somebody needs to whack that weather forecaster upside the head.  At the moment is shows the week before and after our trip to be dry - but a whole lot of rain the days we are supposed to be riding.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #164 - 05/07/15 at 11:35:34

It is doing the same thing it always does which is drifting one day to the left every 3 days by doing so it will give us clear skies before very long which will all change when we get 10 days out and the forecast gets real.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:24:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.