Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #120 - 03/17/15 at 21:42:12

I was under the impression They were showing up Wednesday or Thursday and  not leaving till 7 or 8 days latter (Thursday or Friday morning ).

PS

Ever try popping 100 yard water balloons with an air rifle or a 22LR. ?   Grin Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #121 - 03/18/15 at 12:05:52

Yeah,  but my air balloons were about 1/3 as big as everybody else's .....  MM believes in handicapping.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #122 - 03/18/15 at 20:15:43

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin........ Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #123 - 03/19/15 at 13:24:11

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/17/15 at 11:26:09:

When Lancer and Verslagen can give us arrival times at your house going up and coming back the rest of us can lay in whatever "surround" plans we need to do but right now we don't know when they're showing up and when they plan to head back by your place.

But I would save the bottles anyway.  Somebody will shoot them.

Unless Michael tells me otherwise, I assume he is departing the coast Saturday morning and after 2  10 hour driving days will arrive at my place late Sunday evening 7 June.  With a days rest we may depart Oklahoma Tuesday morning and arrive in Tenn. late evening same day if all goes well on the drive, 9 June.

« Last Edit: 03/21/15 at 05:48:36 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Lagerhead1
YaBB Newbies

Georgia
Reply #124 - 03/23/15 at 18:17:25

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and see when y'all wind up close by - I'd like to get out and play for a few days this summer.  Especially if you make it out to Helen, that's only about 4 hours from here.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #125 - 04/11/15 at 15:04:27

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Wed June 10th - MMRanch staging visitors from the far West.    
Thur June 11th -
Fri June 12th - Pack up and head to Blue Ridge Campground   Oldfeller and Dave already there by cabin #4
Sat June 13th -
Sun June 14th -
Mon June 15th -
Tue June 16th -
Wed June 17th - Pack up and head home.

We are two months out ..... less than a dozen short weeks to go !!!

Starting to fix up the bike some .... new battery was needed.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #126 - 04/11/15 at 16:42:01

tic... tic... tic...  

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #127 - 04/12/15 at 17:53:09

I am changing the front end on mine....currently there is no front wheel, no speedometer, no handlebars.  I have to build brackets for the speedometer, brake cable support, and wire up the new GPS speedometer, the build new turn signal brackets.  I expect it to be running again in a couple of weeks.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #128 - 04/16/15 at 08:59:25

Don't get excited, nobody has any data for anything in June yet, just plopping down the link for when we need it.   Data starts 25 days out, but doesn't get any form of accurate at all until ~ 10 days out.

We've been through this before so you will get a 10 day out cancellation warning in case of fairly well predicted bad weather (in time to get your money back on a cabin reservation).   If you are tenting, you will get cold at night and a bit dew wet each morning -- count on it.   So bring a bag and a blanket or two.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cruso-nc/28716/june-weather/2096614?monyr=6/...

..... and count on it, you will meet up with a rain cloud at least once during the trip.   Stop and eat lunch or dinner, the road will be drying by the time you are done.

At least we don't have golf ball sized hail in NC (dent you tank and your helmet it would).

« Last Edit: 04/20/15 at 07:07:36 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #129 - 04/27/15 at 20:55:08

We need four days worth of "Day-Rides" lined up .... Has anybody started looking yet ?  

One time in the past we ended up ridding through a park that followed a river , that same ride involved some BBQ , a long ride on the smoky-mountain  highway , and a big loop to the south ... ? ...  Huh

Should we all pick a day and plan some rides ?

I'm sure I could never do as good as YouzGuyz did on planning rides.   Anybody else ever look on "Roads and Rides" web site ?

Dave and I found a good loop that started by turning right on the parkway but the cloud we landed in was too thick and wet to ride in so we got off the first chance we got .   It was a great surprise kinda like that Hwy 30 we found !
Smiley

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #130 - 04/27/15 at 21:01:10

Wife has ok'd me to come up for "a day with the guys", so I am shooting for at least one day with you guys over at the blue ridge....
I will ride up one day, spend a night, ride for a day, spend a night and then return home the third day.
It is my "save a little for sept." ride Smiley Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #131 - 04/27/15 at 21:16:21

Glad your going to be able to join us !  Smiley

How did the "SEAT" thing work out ?  

OldRider you ought to get an Iron Butt award of some kind for long distance on the Texas Run.   How many miles did your bike roll-up that week ?

Old_Rider_Bill.jpg

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #132 - 04/28/15 at 05:59:24

Let's talk logistics.  

Lancer and Verslagen in the cabin with room on the floor for 1-2 on the floor

Oldfeller and MM in his tent

Dave can bring a tent if he needs to, but we are at the point if we get any more coming that he may need to do just that.  Dave, if Old_Rider and Lagerhead are coming we may need that tent now.

MM, just remember that planned day rides are great, but STAY OFF THE BIG HIGHWAYS and plan for lots & lots of little leg and gas breaks.

Definition:  A bad day ride is one that has you travelling hundreds of miles on major roads just to get to a little 20 minute "they say it is a really great road".

Please remember, we have MORE known good roads within spitting distance of where we are staying than we can ride in four days.   And as we all know, we find more really neat stuff getting lost than we do on purpose.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #133 - 04/28/15 at 06:19:38

I will bring a tent.....however I would share a cabin with anyone that wants to.  The cost of the cabins is very reasonable and it is a cheap stay when compared to other types of vacations.

Last year when MM and I were there we found some great roads....I wonder what they look like when it is not foggy and rainy and you don't have a dark tinted visor on your helmet?  A couple of the roads where right next to the camp ground.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #134 - 04/28/15 at 07:09:56

Yea Dave , I'd like to see that same road in sunshine !  Smiley

I'll see how many spots I can stack in my GPS-Trip-Planner , for a day ride.  
I think YouzGuyz had pre-run the day rides and had the timing and fuel stops worked out perfectly :  I said that to say this, "without trying them out first I'm only guessing on whats good and works right". Roll Eyes
so , put me down for one day's worth.
Last time I tried this I didn't know about stacking way-point in my Garmin.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:27:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.