Send Topic Print
Chevrolet Volt (Read 68 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Chevrolet Volt
10/05/14 at 18:52:15

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Chevrolet Volt
Reply #1 - 10/06/14 at 06:10:16

I'm not sure what he's reporting or what I should care?

Not being snippy, just burnt from a long week followed by a long weekend.

--Steve

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 10/06/14 at 06:46:49

Not surprising really. Build something that folks actually want and you'll sell a bunch of them. Build something that almost nobody wants, driven by politics rather than practicality or need, and the only way to sell them is to bribe the crap out of everybody. That kind of economics has never,ever worked, and it never will.

As for the veracity of the numbers in the article, who knows?

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #3 - 10/07/14 at 01:53:53

Not wanting to be offtopic, but...
...my wife and I get an easy peasy 50mpg off our Toyota Auris Hybrid, whatever the name may be in the US.
That's city driving. Out on the highway at 55mph we get easily beyond the 60mpg mark.

Sooo... before saying "Build something that almost nobody wants", let that "almost nobody" actually have a try at it, and see what feedback you get.

Toyota Prius came out some 15 years ago in Europe, cost the same as a Mercedes C-class, BIG money, nobody wanted one.
Now that a Toyota Hybrid entry level costs the same as the trumped-up gas version, they're selling like hotcakes... almost for the same price !

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 10/07/14 at 05:36:05

Difference is that Toyota built and marketed it's hybrids on it's own dime, and took their chances in the marketplace. As did Honda and a few other brands. That's not the case with the Volt.

The Volt owes it's existence to the same political chicanery that forces us to put up with all the downsides of alcohol in our gasoline.

I've got nothing against hybrid cars, as long as they stand on their own merits as practical vehicles in a free marketplace. The Volt does not. And it's dismal sales record, despite the government incentives to get folks to buy them, is proof of that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/07/14 at 07:11:28

oldNslow wrote on 10/07/14 at 05:36:05:
Difference is that Toyota built and marketed it's hybrids on it's own dime, and took their chances in the marketplace. As did Honda and a few other brands. That's not the case with the Volt.

The Volt owes it's existence to the same political chicanery that forces us to put up with all the downsides of alcohol in our gasoline.

I've got nothing against hybrid cars, as long as they stand on their own merits as practical vehicles in a free marketplace. The Volt does not. And it's dismal sales record, despite the government incentives to get folks to buy them, is proof of that.  

Quoted because that much pithiness needs to be spread out a little.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 10/11/14 at 18:19:50

One company says:
"This is a good idea, let’s try this, it should work”

Another company says:
‘Gimmie,  Gimmie,  Gimmie”.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 05:43:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Chevrolet Volt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.