Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can someone take a measurement for me? (Read 124 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Can someone take a measurement for me?
09/20/14 at 15:10:21

I'm looking at the Mutazu GA saddlebags and the rigid hard saddlebag supports.  According to the vendor, using the rigid supports brings the bags in closer to the bike and are more of a bike-specific bracket.  But, they're asking me "What are the mounting points of your motorcycle center hole to center hole?"  I sent them my bike info in the inquiry but they are asking me for the mounting hole measurements  Undecided.

Does anyone have the mounting points exposed on a rear fender (preferably around an '08 model, just to be safe) and can give me that measurement?  I sure don't wanna remove the fender rails just to get this info.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Can someone take a measurement for me?
Reply #1 - 09/20/14 at 15:29:59

I'd take a strip of cardboard(after I poked a hand in and proved I could do this)and press it against the heads of the bolts up in there. You can measure that and get Real Close.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 09/20/14 at 15:54:43

What are you looking for the size of the bolts or the distance between the holes?  I can get you the sizes if that helps and I think JOGS idea about the cardboard is probably the best way to go to get the distance.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #3 - 09/20/14 at 16:33:38

Looking for the distance between the holes but I'm wondering if their rigid supports will even work on the S40.
Can someone click the link and give an opinion?  
I was hoping by letting them know the year/make/model of bike, it would be enough but I'm not sure the S40 is too flexible when it comes to saddlebag supports.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 09/20/14 at 17:01:24

I'd be apprehensive to use them and I wouldn't put in anything that weighed a lot.  The dual sports with aluminum panniers usually have 3 mounting points on each side and a back cross brace as well.  JMHO.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 09/20/14 at 18:53:38

Off an '02 fender

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 09/20/14 at 21:54:44

verslagen1 wrote on 09/20/14 at 18:53:38:

my oem brackets  mount to the lower right hole in your photo
and I get 4" c > c on a level axis w/ bags on

would suggest going to stealership and get numbers..
oem brackets do not mount level

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #7 - 10/05/14 at 18:38:51

Well, after relocating the rear signals, I have room for the saddlebags and I thought I would be able to use the location of the stock rear signals as a mounting point for the bag brackets.  Turns out, the hole in the side rail does not have a matching hole in the fender.  I think I can manage to get a nut in there, though.

Where have y'all mounted your saddlebag brackets?  Except for the opening for the stock turn signals, the only mounting points on the outside of the rails are both at the front.  I'm hoping to use rigid saddlebag supports that are one-piece instead of the method where 2 brackets are used per side.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:19:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can someone take a measurement for me?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.