Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ferguson riots in future? (Read 141 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ferguson riots in future?
09/18/14 at 07:43:25

I live 15 miles from this mess so maybe it's a case of 'can't see the forest for the trees', but it still feels like a powder keg around here.

The cop testified for 4 hours before the grand jury yesterday which is something he didn't have to do. That tells me he believes the shooting was justified. The story that originally came out (before all these witness appeared ((side story: try and find a witness to any black on black crime in that neighborhood... good luck)) was that there was a scuffle in the car and a shot was fired inside the car while they were struggling for his gun. I tend to think that's the truth because the cop would know there would be evidence of a shot fired inside the car. Also, the story was the cop was hit and injured. Again, I tend to think that's the truth because he testified when he didn't have to. I really think he and his attorney believe the evidence on his side is overwhelming. Also, the official autopsy reports have not be made public. The one everyone is seeing is the one done by the guy the family hired. I wonder if there is evidence of a fight on Brown's hands etc....

The point of all this I feel like if he is not indicted, that neighborhood and surrounding areas are gonna get the "Watts" treatment. However, like I said, perhaps I'm too close to it and it's not as big a deal as it seems.

So my question is; how many of you are following this story? Do you feel this is still a national event? If the cop is not indicted, do you think any areas where you live could explode in violent demonstrations?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Ferguson riots in future?
Reply #1 - 09/18/14 at 19:53:45

Very Interesting.

When,  O.J.  was declared,  NOT  Guilty,  in the First trial.
How many, 'Riots' were their   ??????????

Even though,  the vast,  MAJORITY, of people,
had a different opinion ???????

Yet when, in some obscure place,
With a,  obscure,  decision,
which, was contrary to, 'The Opinions', ,
of a, obscure, group of people.

Their, Were,  'RIOTS"  LOLOLOLOLO

Don't you just  LOVE,  the DFI's,
Who,  'RIOT",   Because their, 'Team',  WON   LOLOLOLOO

Maybe, (if you axe someone), it just be a excuse to:
"Smash/Grab/Loot"

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/18/14 at 20:47:46

I won't venture to guess motivation or reasoning of this post......

However, I will surmise in the spirit of inferring you believe a mob of Black's will riot like "Watts" if they don't get their way.

Can you tell me webby, what percentage of the Black population did the Watts thing?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/18/14 at 21:07:38

If they do,they do. I don't expect it,but nothing is impossible. Like you said,YOU have access to "the pulse" of the area. I don't see it as anything that would create a ripple across the country. Time has passed,New stories for the people to worry about. War,Ebola,etc.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #4 - 09/18/14 at 22:17:15

Hopefully the riots don't start backup. They have been trying to shut down the Interstates in protest. If things do get ugly, I might have to go spend a few days with my parents (they live in St Charles County)

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/18/14 at 23:33:33

I had no idea things were still that volatile.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/19/14 at 14:09:47

raydawg wrote on 09/18/14 at 20:47:46:

However, I will surmise in the spirit of inferring you believe a mob of Black's will riot like "Watts" if they don't get their way.

Can you tell me webby, what percentage of the Black population did the Watts thing?

I think you just did.....

And yes, there will be riots in Ferguson if he's not indicted, that's a given.
If you think I am a racist, then have the balls to call me one rather than try and cleverly dance around your own problems.

My question was what do you think could happen in your area.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 09/19/14 at 15:00:36

I don't think there will be any civil unrest other than Missouri.  Their has been much news covered, certainly no headlines.  If people are talking about politics they are usually talking about the middle east.  What are they saying up in Mizzou?

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 09/19/14 at 16:17:28

WebsterMark wrote on 09/19/14 at 14:09:47:
raydawg wrote on 09/18/14 at 20:47:46:

I think you just did.....

And yes, there will be riots in Ferguson if he's not indicted, that's a given.
If you think I am a racist, then have the balls to call me one rather than try and cleverly dance around your own problems.

My question was what do you think could happen in your area.

My problem?

Again, I asked you a question pertaining to your "Watts" remark (and you say I dance  Grin ) and ask you straight out: Can you tell me webby, what percentage of the Black population did the Watts thing?

You called yourself a racist, I stated I would abstain from guessing as I don't even know you.

To answer your question, nothing, just like most everywhere else.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/20/14 at 10:21:31

pg wrote on 09/19/14 at 15:00:36:
I don't think there will be any civil unrest other than Missouri.  Their has been much news covered, certainly no headlines.  If people are talking about politics they are usually talking about the middle east.  What are they saying up in Mizzou?  

If he's not indicted, there will be trouble in North St. Louis for sure.
The cops will be overtly sensitive to appearances and may not be ready to respond right away which will make things worse.

Like I said, I'm too close to the situation to see it with clear vision, I'm wondering what will happen elsewhere or has it died down.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/20/14 at 10:26:51

Ray, I have no idea what % and not sure why you think it matters. 20 or 30 people died at Watts and something like 50 died durning Rodney King riots. If .5%, 1% or 10% participated, so what. Besides, with Twitter today, everyone knows about trouble in a second and gather in the same place. The next real big riots will be worse because of social media.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 09/20/14 at 11:03:56

Never occurred to me how the tech thing can have such an impact, but today, troublemakers from miles away can go and express their state of outrage and make it look like people From the immediate area are upset. In Fact, the locals dont even HAVE to riot,, idiots and provocateurs from anywhere in the country could assemble & be waiting on the outcome of the grand jury. If they "No Bill" the guy they could go out & gin up as many malcontents as possible, hurl a few bricks and/or Molotov cocktails and hand TPTB the "ammunition" they need to go about legislating some handy Draconian measures.. So far theyve done everything they could to NOT put out the information that would have made the cops actions look reasonable. That he was seriously injured while "Mr Nice Guy College Student" was trying to take his weapon was handily kept from the news.. Everything that would have made the cop Not the bad guy was somehow lost,,, & Holder TRIED to keep the thugs strong arm theft of the cigars video under wraps,,  I will continue to see the handling of the information surrounding the event as an attempt, a conscious effort by people in high positions, to create as much social unrest as possible.
I know there are some here who disagree,, I also know that the report by one of Alex Jones reporters that he and a couple of others found a box of filled and ready to go Molotov cocktails and they reported it and told the location TO a cop and he Did Nothing about it,, That little detail will simply be scoffed at, because a sane mind cant comprehend it. I GET that,, The thing is, the REAL driving force behind decision making isnt to accomplish what is reasonable and decent. The REAL driving force is much darker and the goals arent for the betterment of the future of Americans. IF that were the case, IF in fact there were Good people at the top, setting policy, the borders would have been secured decades ago and Nafta would never have been even Conceived, much less written and voted on,, We arent living witj "Unintended consequences of a poor;y thot out trade agreement" we are living with the only POSSIBLE outcome that anyone who can read saw coming..

Hey, Webster,, you live in the area, Have you driven around that way much? Are you seeing "Out of State" plates more than usual? Could you call around to a few hotels and see what their occupancy rates are & ask if theyre normal or above normal for this time of year?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 09/20/14 at 15:50:09

They are not disseminating very much if any information.  I am a bit surprised we didn't hear about the officers testimony or at least that he did speak on his own behalf.

Regarding the 92 riots, the one ethic group I remember were the Koreans.  Those guys weren't going down without a fight.  

« Last Edit: 09/20/14 at 17:02:47 by pg »  

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/20/14 at 17:46:31

It's a grand jury, they don't release info, officially anyway. It was leaked to a reporter, not an official news release.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 09/20/14 at 18:44:21

Long before this went to the G.J. the Fact that the cops face was broken in the scuffle was KNOWN by people who Could have made that public knowledge,which would have tended to force people to admit that the poor little dead guy was a dangerous,violent thug and got killed for his actions.
I stand by my assessment of the situation and reasons Why the basic and obvious facts surrounding the situation were withheld. Webster believes it's a P.C. induced cowardice. I don't buy that for a second.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 11:43:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ferguson riots in future?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.