Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Idle higher upright than on sidestand (Read 118 times)
luckylouie82

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Richardson Texas
Re: Idle higher upright than on sidestand
Reply #15 - 09/18/14 at 06:43:12

Reply #11 - Yesterday at 20:39:36     How immediate is the change in idle speed? For example, I know that if I'm riding on a 50 mph road for a while and I come to a stop light, it sounds like my idle is a bit higher than it was right after I warmed up the bike.  However, if I sit for a couple minutes, it seems like it eventually slows down.  I have no tachometer to compare by, but it was really just enough to notice.  I couldn't explain the phenomenon; I just figured it was a quirk of the simple design.

That happens to me too.  not really concerned about that.  And honestly wouldn't be too concerned about this if I knew it was a typical running condition, but based on responses it isn't.  This condition happens though, even running in garage after well warmed up.  Running 1200 rpm on side stand. Get on bike and center to start riding....1500.

2011 S40 Raptor petcock. idle screw 2 turns out
  IP Logged
luckylouie82

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Richardson Texas
Reply #16 - 09/18/14 at 06:48:03

Reply #12 - Yesterday at 20:58:31     do you have brass floats or plastic?

main jet is in the center and pilot jet is close to it, lean shouldn't affect them.

I'd check your float height, maybe it's a bit low or try it a little higher.

Floats are brass.  I cleaned carb recently.  Bike was dying on decel.  TEV and carb cleaning fixed that.  Admittedly I didn't touch the floats because I was afraid of messing them up.  But they didn't look dirty at all.  Light discoloration almost like the stain you'd see on the wall of a swimming pool where the water line is.  How are they even checked/adjusted? and how would I know which direction to adjust them in?

2011 S40 Raptor petcock. idle screw 2 turns out
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 09/18/14 at 07:39:27

luckylouie82 wrote on 09/18/14 at 06:48:03:
How are they even checked/adjusted? and how would I know which direction to adjust them in?

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1367212825

There's a tab that the float valve attaches to... you just bend it to get the required level.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:21:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Idle higher upright than on sidestand

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.