Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Desmogging a '96 California bike (Read 52 times)
49mack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Desmogging a '96 California bike
09/05/14 at 15:54:16

My '96 is a California model with all the emmission stuff. I live in a "no smog testing" rural county in Texas. I have already removed the airbox and replaced it with a cone filter. I'd like to remove the plastic box under the frame behind the muffler. Is ther anything in particular I'd need to do, modify, etc., to get rid of that box? Thanks in advance for any help.
BTW, anyone considering a cone filter - the intake "honk" is loud and obnoxious. I cannot hear my exhaust at highway speed.

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Desmogging a '96 California bike
Reply #1 - 09/06/14 at 08:28:05

All that emission stuff can come off without any impact.  I have a different carb so I dont know if anything is connected there, but othewise that box can go.

I took my stuff off also. I live in CA, but they dont test bikes as of yet.  If you have to re-register (new pink/not in CA system) they just want to see emissions reference stickers which can be bought online or made.

IP Logged
49mack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/06/14 at 11:44:14

Thanks for the info. I am just cleaning up the bike, removing anything not needed. With the air box gone behind the battery, it looks more open and airy - less bulky visualy. Today's project is installing a Dyna muffler and losing the 55 gallon drum stock exhaust.
Thanks again,
Robert

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/06/14 at 22:34:47

TWICE Ive seen that thread title ,, well,, 3 times now, but the first 2 times I read Demagogging..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:26:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Desmogging a '96 California bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.