I wrote this.. (Read 64 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
I wrote this..
08/23/14 at 08:02:00

Several have posted their own ideas... I applaud them. As I sit here, in pain and drink my Saturday cup of coffee, I feel depressed and my mind wonders for my body wont otherwise let wonder. So I wrote this:

What makes America great is not and never has been her government, it was not our constitution, our laws, not our three branches, not the balance of the states versus the republic.  What makes our country great can be summed up in one sentence. Our country is great because our leaders, our people are great.  It is that simple and … and it is that complex.

I say this as an epiphany.  That it is my experience that the people of the USA were great and are great because we simply chose to be.  I don’t think that God, blessed this upon us, though it cannot be escaped that religion played a large part, and thus God did so.  I think it seems simple to some and imaginary to others. It is the culture that sprang from a free people that created this greatness. If another grand experiment created such a classless, and open and free culture it is lost to me. Greek maybe.  To be sure, its not a fair comparison. American was the most lucky of all realms. Vast and little populated, Its natural resources untapped, it’s climate, and fertility surely were blessings. But that was not all, its distance from other warring realms meant the new-comers could build and grow in relative peace. They grew up completely assured of their own domination in their own lands. NO OTHER realm had this.  And yet, by the luck of timing, transportation did allow for the influx of immigrants. They came and they experienced freedom, and they added to the culture, but the more importantly they adopted the culture, a strong self assurance, confidence, leadership. And as time went by this built a culture unlike any other the world has ever known.  No, laws, nor rules nor policy nor even resources these did not make us  great, WE… WE made ourselves great.

But were that the end, if I could but live in times when one could be assured that culture, the powerful , strong, romantic, loving world dominating and world pleasing culture be secure and fixed for-ever. Sadly, I do not see that. All the things that allowed our culture to thrive and grown are long gone. The word is tiny, your enemy is always on your doorstep. The result is the same as it ever was … fear and insecurity. So to the world, as populations rise and resources are strained, can only look back at a standard of living and bemoan how that standard, barring some unforeseen but wonderful event,  will decline ever downward and with each spiral, all people and all cultures will become more fearful, and more.. vile.

This rant, is bold for me, yet it is long in coming. I type this without hate, without malice, but with sadness. I am overwhelmed by the powers of the bards of our current culture. Immigrants flee to America, where laws protect them, where their freedoms insured, and defined. They are sold lie upon lie of a life of ease, just come, be as you are, and you will be rich. It was never thus in the US. Freedom IS the freedom to fail, to starve.. to die penniless.  It was like that 200 years ago and it is like that now. Being in America does not make you rich, nor secure. Especially not secure. And if you come here and expect that you can rely on your old culture of vagrancy, avarice, and social welfare, then what you do, literally is to bring your own woes with you, and transplant them here. You escape nothing.  For it never was the laws. A cop in the USA is not a better cop because the laws make him that way. He is a better cop because the culture that raised him made him better and thus his execution of his job reflects that. IT IS NOT THE OTHERWAY AROUND!  

To the politicians: hear me.  There is nothing you can legislate, no law, no policy, no amount of money can be spent, no bootstrap education, no amount of jobs, welfare or workfare can replace what was our culture. In this regard YOU are not the answer,  you were never meant to be. Your charge as a leader, is to be a beacon, to hold fast to that magical culture of freedom, to epitomize what that culture stood for and for the power it has and goodness it has.  The antipathies to this is using your position to secure your status, or that of a party, no greater harm can you do, but to do those things, for it those acts that subvert the great culture for one of mere laws and policy.  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: I wrote this..
Reply #1 - 08/23/14 at 08:50:07

You know who uttered these words?

For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief.

In a nutshell Pine, I find it a bitter pill and have choked on it from the very first reading.
My nature is more to follow Peter Pan than Solomon, reaping the bliss of ignorance.
But I know deep within and can not deny the man in the mirror, and what his soul reveals of its spirit.....
So much easier to grasp what I can touch, than to trust in what I can't see....
I am sad to say I would not have made a very good pioneer.
I am thankful for those who believed in their faith and put it into action......
I am a recipient of their faith.
I do each morning pray for guidance of selflessness, giving instead of taking, adding instead of subtracting, building instead of demolishing...
Loving instead of hating.
It is hard, but I know it is just.
I will fail, but I will never surrender, as I am afforded a new day to try afresh.....
Until the day I am called in........AMEN.    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/25/14 at 06:13:40

I can't peg the quote off the top of my head but it's true.
The more I learn the less happy with the situation I am.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/25/14 at 12:31:09

With wisdom comes sorrow.

Ecclesiastes
I have been bummed out for decades,having discovered the facts that some here refuse to see.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 02:28:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I wrote this..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.