Interesting........ (Read 65 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Interesting........
08/22/14 at 16:16:01

Could something positive come from the sad event in Ferguson?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3744086338001/juan-williams-sharpton-cashed-in-on-...  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Interesting........
Reply #1 - 08/22/14 at 16:32:08

Quote:

Not unless the people responsible for the problem listen to what Mr. Williams has to say, which I think is pretty unlikely.

I suspect that not too many of the looters are watching Fox News on their stolen HD TVs

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 08/22/14 at 17:05:10

oldNslow wrote on 08/22/14 at 16:32:08:
Quote:

Not unless the people responsible for the problem listen to what Mr. Williams has to say, which I think is pretty unlikely.

I suspect that not too many of the looters are watching Fox News on their stolen HD TVs

ditto

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 08/22/14 at 17:11:26

I suspect in the not so distant future LEO will be wearing cameras the size of a big lapel pin.  It will muddy the water with a lot of truth.  

LEOs will probably like it until someone slips and says something derogatory about a superior officer.   Huh

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 08/22/14 at 17:37:54

I understand your skepticism.......but a tidal wave builds from a ripple (so to speak).
I have been watching Juan for years, this is a great beginning for him to dialogue in this manner.
He was/is a major apologist on much of the lefts ideological spin to events.....and it will be hard for those "victim" folk to minimize him, as they did/do conservative Blacks POV.
Not that they won't try, but in doing so, and as more Dr. Ben Carson, etc, join the conversation, it will reveal the motivation, or faults in reasoning, of the Sharptons and their lap dog media....

On a personal note, I was schooled by two very special Black neighbors I had when I use to live on Southern California, on race matters.
One was a older gentleman who was in charge of one of the very first affirmative action programs for a major aerospace company.
The other was a woman younger than I.
She was so astute and wise beyond her years.
I was free to ask any "stupid" question re: their "race" out of my ignorance.
What I learned I will never forget......as they never chided me, or held me in contempt, or questioned my motivation into asking.

I will leave it at that  Kiss     

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 08/22/14 at 18:22:16

I agree that Mr. Williams may be changing his tune. I just don't think his message is going to reach the right people.

"Well the overall Nielsen ratings report for 2013 recently came out and not surprisingly Fox News was once again the number one cable news channel easily beating out CNN and MSNBC.

And not surprisingly, the number of African American viewers of Fox News was somewhere between slim and none."

"According to Nielsen, only some 1.1 percent of Fox News watchers were African American"

"And those numbers for Fox are even less impressive when you also consider that its target demographic is made up almost exclusively of pissed off angry white guys between the ages of 50 and death..."

This is why I'm skeptical. The folks who need to hear the message aren't hearing it, and never will. It makes no difference who the messenger is.

Here's a link to the entire article that I pulled those quotes from:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/fox-news-and-black-viewers-dont-mix

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 08/22/14 at 19:14:00

Oh I believe all that you state is true, and yes it will be a very hard task to get people to change their minds.
I am not sure white folk can begin to even fathom the effects of racism vistited on them for generations....
It is their very heritage and I think on some level of thought it would almost be like abandoning their personhood.

It will be a long row to hoe, of that I am certain. The exploitation by the Democratic Party has had a major effect, but both parties try and cast their nets in waters they believe will yield the largest catch. When you think back to the beginning of the civil rights movement, it was the Republican Party that pushed most of it through I believe. Somewhere in the mix the message was crossed, and you honestly would have to say it was because the party ignored them for some reason......

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/23/14 at 04:57:02

pg wrote on 08/22/14 at 17:11:26:
I suspect in the not so distant future LEO will be wearing cameras the size of a big lapel pin.  It will muddy the water with a lot of truth.  

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/12/15/cameras-becoming-par...

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 08/23/14 at 08:26:12

Culture across the US  is not as singular as one might think. I think/hope, that here our black community retains still the fear of "grandma", (actually that is both black and white). Any hope I have for sanity in our combined culture stems from this: the strength of character of the family matriarch.  Yes, it is weak, so few are left, they are diminished in number, wore and weary. But when they rise up, their power is indomitable.  

I don't think that anything Mr. Williams said was incorrect. But as it ever is, to sing of simple humanity, truths, has little traction with the louder vile , roar thugism.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 15:58:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Interesting........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.