Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to get a better seal for your Dyna muffler (Read 234 times)
killeraxemannic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How to get a better seal for your Dyna muffler
08/19/14 at 20:31:11

Even after sealing the Dyna muffler with a tin can crush seal I still couldn't get it to completely seal. I was still having small leaks. After many tries I went and found a better method.

Go to the auto parts store and buy some tiger patch for exhaust. It comes in a few foot long strip. Cut the whole thing in half and get yourself a pair of scissors and cut one half down the middle long ways. Unbolt your clamp and slide it up the pipe a ways so you have some room to work. Wrap the whole thing with your 2 thin strips and make sure you pull it tight and overlap. You may have to hit the sides of it with a lighter or torch to get it to stay wrapped. Slide your clamp over top and clamp it down. Then take the rest of the fatter part and wrap it criss cross around the clamp. Start your engine and let it run a few min to melt it all together. If you have to remove it later it comes off easily with a razor blade. Enjoy your new completely sealed exhaust!!!!

IP Logged
nhbiker1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How to get a better seal for your Dyna muffler
Reply #1 - 09/04/14 at 18:46:52

nice fix, but pretty ugly

IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Re: How to get a better seal for your Dyna muffler
Reply #2 - 09/06/14 at 12:05:03

and it'll burn thru too soon

best seal is welding that pregnant dog on :-D

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 04:11:04

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › How to get a better seal for your Dyna muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.