Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear Turn Signal relocation parts (Read 282 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Rear Turn Signal relocation parts
08/05/14 at 09:25:54

I don't know if I got this info here to start with, or I came up with it on my own.
For those of you looking to relocate your rear turn signals to the license plate area, and don't want to bother with making mounts like the other people have, here is a link for the parts you need.

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=partssuzlightbar1.htm/SID=1407254988.556

Got to the bottom of the page and you will see:
Suzuki Flasher Adapter (does not work on Volusia)- $52.95
and
-> #05-201 Universal Flasher Relocator Bar.$15.95

Those are the parts I used to move my rear turn signals.

NOTICE:  IF you ride in the dirt or on a lot of rough roads, the extra weight on the license plate bracket using this (or any other method) could cause premature failure of the the rear fender.  (Where the bracket bolts to the fender).   I am on my 3rd fender...   Embarrassed
Then again, the first one broke from having a heavy helmet lock on the license plate!! .. I think. Undecided

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
49mack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Rear Turn Signal relocation parts
Reply #1 - 08/08/14 at 06:33:25

I bought a new rear turn signal on Ebay. Same plastic junk but matches except it has 3 wires. The bike has 2. You can upgrade your rear turn signals into running lights by using the solid black wire from the 3-wire turn signal and splicing it into your hot wire (running light) on your tail light. Increased safety / visibility at night. Two wires from the replacement turn signal, the black with white stripe and the red can be attached in any order or combination to your bike's wiring harness. If you choose not to go with rear running lights, simply tape off the solid black wire from the replacement turn signal. By the way, what a joy to remove the rear fender braces - NOT!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 08/08/14 at 09:53:42

Turning your rear turn signals into running lights....is only legal if the turn signals are red.  Yellow is not legal for a rear running light.  This is even true for side clearance lights....look at the side of any trailer and you will see the side clearance lights at the front of the trailer are yellow, and at the rear they are red.  It is not just a luminescent fashion statement....it is the law.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
killeraxemannic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/20/14 at 17:05:57

Do you have to do any wire cutting or anything? where do you run the wires?

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #4 - 08/29/14 at 02:26:56

killeraxemannic wrote on 08/20/14 at 17:05:57:
Do you have to do any wire cutting or anything? where do you run the wires?

You will need to make wires longer.   Either cut and splice in a piece, or build an extension using the same kind bullet connectors where the turn signal lines connect under the seat.
I routed them along side the brake/tail light lines through the grommet in the fender.  A tight fit, but it works.  You could probably route them inside the fender side rails like they were before as well.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 07:18:00

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Rear Turn Signal relocation parts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.