Send Topic Print
A weird one (Read 129 times)
Grotsmack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

A weird one
08/19/14 at 13:15:02

Okay, this one is a bit odd to me. Sunday night, I finished my ride, as I am pulling in my drive, I dumped my bike. No real big issue, no damage-pride hurt more than anything. I parked it in my garage, and I called it a night. Yesterday, get up to go for a ride, the battery is dead. No lights, zip, nadda. I am thinking, I turned the key the wrong way when I pulled it out that night, and so need to charge the battery. Go to take the seat off, my back allen bolt is stripped, and after trying a few techniques to get it out, I decide to suck up the service call and visit my local motorcycle dealer/repair shop. It is closed on Monday, so I have to wait til today.

Now, as I am pulling out my ramp, getting my ratchets ready to secure ti to the truck, I put the key in the ignition, and what do I see, but power has magically returned to my bike. I am able to fire it up, let it run-then zip down to the repair shop to get the battery tested and the stripped allen screw replaced. The battery tests out fine, and I only had to pay 13 bucks for the new screw and the test.

What is weird to me, is how the power suddenly came back like that. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there an explication that my non-mechanical/electrical mind can get around?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: A weird one
Reply #1 - 08/19/14 at 13:27:39

Check your battery and ground strap connections...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/19/14 at 13:38:01

probably one of your connectors is loose.
and moving it around reconnected it.

take the seat and tank off, r&r all the connectors.

WWW   IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #3 - 08/19/14 at 13:39:11

Dropping the bike may have been enough to loosen a connection and trying it latter enough to make contact.  Check all your connections.  

I replaced my battery and many rides later had the same problem, the battery terminal was loose.

IP Logged
Grotsmack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/19/14 at 19:11:57

Thanks as always guys. She seems to be running well now, but I did not find anything loose. I think the mechanic at the shop may have tightened it all up.

IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Reply #5 - 08/20/14 at 18:12:54

Had the same thing happen to our FJ Cruiser. Tried starting it but it was dead. Looked at the battery and the connection was loose. Tightened up and good as gold.
Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/14/24 at 12:39:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A weird one

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.