Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: rebuilt...now what
Reply #15 - 08/20/14 at 10:40:07

You can find the minimum and maximum end gap values and piston clearance in the workshop manual if you are using a Suzuki piston.  If you have changed to a Wiseco piston, then you should use the values they provided.

If you have too little end gap then things could bind up, and if you have too big of clearances you have assembled and engine that is already worn out.

Chances are the new parts will be in range if the folks that bored the cylinder did a good job, and you will not have to change anything.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #16 - 08/20/14 at 12:30:04

If the shop is worth their salt they won't do a bore until the have the actual piston and rings going in.  If this is the first time using the shop, you need to ask or double check yourself to be sure.  Even if it's a shop you use all the time and trust, to double check doesn't hurt.  If your not sure and don't ask, it could cost you your engine.

IP Logged
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/20/14 at 16:13:00

Yeah I'll ask. But they are waiting. The owner told me he would call to double check the model and original specs with me to cross reference his findings before starting...sooooo we will see this Saturday

1986 red, raptor petcock, cham chain tensioner mod,carb plug pulled. DIY highway pegs, DIY ammo can storage...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:24:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rebuilt...now what

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.