Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Best windscreen for the S40? (Read 251 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Best windscreen for the S40?
Reply #15 - 09/18/14 at 18:11:02

The shorter wind screens will give more helmet buffeting unless set right. I'm using a National Cycle screen and get a lot of wind noise with a FF helmet. Can't find a good picture of it on my bike and I keep it laid down pretty flat to tuck behind on the superslab.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Best windscreen for the S40?
Reply #16 - 09/18/14 at 20:43:47

i have the basic slipstream spitfire (sp?) as it came with my bike. i am 5` 6" (blue eyes, brown hair, like walks on the beach....ih, wrong website Grin)  and the top of the windshield was right in my eye line.

at the tip of folks here, i delicately cut it down a couple of inches with a fine tooth jig saw on low speed, sanded the edge smooth, and it looks like a factory edge...not to mention i can see perfectly and it provides just the right amount of protection.

so...if you're creative you may be able to make your desired shield off of a cheap or free second hand shield.  good luck.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:18:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Best windscreen for the S40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.