Send Topic Print
My streettrack chopper (Read 307 times)
RangerRide
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: My streettrack chopper
Reply #15 - 08/11/14 at 15:51:03

DeepPurple, what are the type, dimensions are those handlebars? That is exactly what I want.

IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #16 - 08/11/14 at 17:43:19

http://www.biltwellinc.com/images/products/large_54_Keystone_Bar_Specs.jpg
Those are the dimensions right from Biltwell. You can buy the bars from anyone, but Biltwell has had great customer service for me and they send cool stickers.

I think I cut an inch from each side however, maybe an inch and a half. Pretty sure an inch but it really depends on where you want them.
I was going to do shorter but the stupid giant brake reservoir would look weird if it blocked the point. Once I get a smaller reservoir someday I'll chop them more but they still look good with an inch off. They even look ok not cut at all.

IP Logged
rapfohl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/11/14 at 17:47:16

This thing looks perfect. I agree with keeping the savage in mind, but getting rid of the goofy rear fender and big exhaust.

How does that trumpet sound?

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #18 - 08/11/14 at 19:50:13

Deeppurple,

Yea, I'd love to go to Florida some time, we'll see if it's possible I Can bring the bike along, I Wish!

I've been looking into a smaller battery, so I could clamp the filter right onto the carb, but for now im just gonna get rid of the Airbox, those small lithium ones are just too expensive..

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #19 - 08/11/14 at 20:00:35

rapfohl wrote on 08/11/14 at 17:47:16:
This thing looks perfect. I agree with keeping the savage in mind, but getting rid of the goofy rear fender and big exhaust.

How does that trumpet sound?

Thanks,

To be honest, it doesn't Sound as
Good as the universal tapered dyna type one I had before, I'll Mount that one again soon.. The trumpet has a kind of uncontrolled open throat Sound to it, Where the tapered is opposite, with more of a deep bassy rumble..
At the same time, the performance of the trumpet isn't very good either, so I wouldn't recommend it.. It does look good though..

IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #20 - 08/11/14 at 21:03:26

I'm almost glad the trumpet doesn't sound or work as well because I was getting jealous of how it looks lol. But I love already how the Dyna sounds and works well enough so I'll probably keep it.
Maybe try replacing baffle or packing the trumpet? I'd be interested to see that because I do like how it looks super skinny and all.

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #21 - 08/11/14 at 21:53:20

I had the flute out a couple of days ago to repack it, and found that the little packing I though it had, had been blown out! It did help some on the sound, but not that much.. Then I found out, by a video Dave posted in my backpressure topic, that this type of exhaust Really doesn't offer much if any performance.. A kind of muffler with chambers should work the best for low to midrange performance bikes.. As suposed to an inline 4 reving machine.

IP Logged
demonhunter
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 08/12/14 at 18:52:26

Looks great. What did you use to mount your tachometer? Was it something you fabbed up or store bought?

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #23 - 08/13/14 at 06:56:23

demonhunter wrote on 08/12/14 at 18:52:26:
Looks great. What did you use to mount your tachometer? Was it something you fabbed up or store bought?

My tacho didn't come with the mounting bracket that is usually included with these tachometers. So I bought a 25mm clamp at the hardware store, it also allowed me to mount the tacho so it wasn't sitting too high above the bars, with the mounting point downwards. I can take a close-up if you'd like. Here's a picture of the clamp, just smaller version.

index.jpg
  IP Logged
demonhunter
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/13/14 at 07:31:03

Michael L wrote on 08/13/14 at 06:56:23:
My tacho didn't come with the mounting bracket that is usually included with these tachometers. So I bought a 25mm clamp at the hardware store, it also allowed me to mount the tacho so it wasn't sitting too high above the bars, with the mounting point downwards. I can take a close-up if you'd like. Here's a picture of the clamp, just smaller version.

That's perfect, found one for $2 which makes it even better. Thanks!

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #25 - 08/13/14 at 14:00:58

New oil, and a couple of k&n filters ordered

« Last Edit: 10/27/14 at 12:44:59 by Michael L »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home