Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My streettrack chopper (Read 307 times)
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
My streettrack chopper
08/10/14 at 12:59:35

Some months ago I made a topic called "my winther project", but since it took alot longer than the course of the winther to finish, it kinda didn't made sense to continue on that topic.. Since then the ideas have been flying around, so I just dropped the idea of making a new topic until I had something going on with the bike.. Instead I took some pictures along the way as the bike progressed.. So I'll start out by posting all the pics I've gathered, and from now on, I will update this thread when I have something new.

PICS!!!

As the bike stands now..

Seat I've been working on

Metal work

Dad assisting on drilling a whole from underneath

« Last Edit: 08/13/14 at 14:01:29 by Michael L »  
  IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Re: My streettrack chopper
Reply #1 - 08/10/14 at 13:14:15

Nice! I especially like "just enough bobber" treatment where you preserved the good lines of the savage and got rid of the ugly parts (muffler and rear fender).

Is there a risk of losing your number plate with it sticking out in the slipstream on the rear fender?

Good work!

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #2 - 08/10/14 at 13:26:49

Thanks,

Im not entirely sure what you mean, but no, it's properly secured with a metal bracket underneath the fender, so it's not going anywhere..  Smiley
I am toying with the idea of sidemounting it though, but here it's ilegal, soo I haven't decided yet hehe..

IP Logged
scannerzer
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

northern ireland
Reply #3 - 08/10/14 at 14:17:36

sweeeeet  Cool i really like that bike

1990 ls 650 Met red,4speed
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/10/14 at 14:43:21

nice fenders... what are they?

WWW   IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #5 - 08/10/14 at 15:04:22

Conservatively elegant.

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #6 - 08/10/14 at 15:05:21

verslagen1 wrote on 08/10/14 at 14:43:21:
nice fenders... what are they?

They are just universal fenders - I bought them from www.dock66.de in germany

IP Logged
SavageRichie
YaBB Newbies

The Devil Rides Out

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reply #7 - 08/10/14 at 16:40:15

Great build! Looks a lot like mine.

99 Black Savage Bobber, steel forged by Suzuki, developed in Hell. Sinister, evil, and fathered by the devil.

99 Savage Bobber
73 Yamaha RD350 Cafe Racer
76 Suzuki TC100
82 Honda MB5
76 Z50 w
metrosrule3   IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #8 - 08/10/14 at 23:08:56

Very clean! Nice work!

IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #9 - 08/11/14 at 00:07:57

Awesome bike man, reminds me of my recently completed bike! I remember reading your winter project post months ago and thinking man this guy must have read my list haha. Funny how we just finished similar style bikes at the same time.
I especially like the custom seat because of how it fills in the seat horns nicely. I like the fender hugging the tire real close as well.
I also appreciate the fender light. It's cool seeing people do that instead of side brake light even though I like both. I think unless the fender is tiny or non existent it looks naked without the light on the fender.
It helps there are so many affordable retro style taillights on the market too. It actually makes it a little harder to do I think because you really have to be careful where you drill so it looks exactly how you want. You did a good job.
I almost mounted my license in a similar way myself but I thought seeing the tire more gave it a cleaner look. I hope you can find a way to do it without getting too many tickets lol. If not it looks awesome still and at least you don't have to feel like a chump because technically where you are it's illegal so others will understand. Unless you're trying to be an outlaw who doesn't care about tickets  Shocked

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #10 - 08/11/14 at 07:00:45

Thank you all for the positive feedback

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #11 - 08/11/14 at 07:02:48

DeepPurple wrote on 08/11/14 at 00:07:57:
Awesome bike man, reminds me of my recently completed bike! I remember reading your winter project post months ago and thinking man this guy must have read my list haha. Funny how we just finished similar style bikes at the same time.
I especially like the custom seat because of how it fills in the seat horns nicely. I like the fender hugging the tire real close as well.
I also appreciate the fender light. It's cool seeing people do that instead of side brake light even though I like both. I think unless the fender is tiny or non existent it looks naked without the light on the fender.
It helps there are so many affordable retro style taillights on the market too. It actually makes it a little harder to do I think because you really have to be careful where you drill so it looks exactly how you want. You did a good job.
I almost mounted my license in a similar way myself but I thought seeing the tire more gave it a cleaner look. I hope you can find a way to do it without getting too many tickets lol. If not it looks awesome still and at least you don't have to feel like a chump because technically where you are it's illegal so others will understand. Unless you're trying to be an outlaw who doesn't care about tickets  Shocked

Thanks,

Do you have pics of your build?

Alot of people do sidemount their plates, and alot of times the authority doesn't care, but sometimes, someone is unlucky  Tongue

IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #12 - 08/11/14 at 11:49:47

Yeah pics of mine are on the second page in the cafe section under title "thanks savage forum".
Here is one pic though:

I do have a few more build in progress photos but mostly I used them for myself during the process to study in bed to make sure I wasn't missing anything lol.

Couldn't you just try the "I didn't know side mount was illegal" excuse? At least you have the stuff to move it back if you have to.

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #13 - 08/11/14 at 12:31:18

You're right, they do look similar in some ways,

No front fender, fork gaiters, not exactly same handlebars but they're biltwell, same style at the rear, and girl colors, ha!  Grin

cool build btw..  Wink

I could, strange thing is that some custom bike shop have made some bikes available for the public to buy, which is approved and they have their plates sidemounted.. But still by what I've heard, it's not legal..  Tongue

But it really looks way cooler when the whole tyre is exposed.. Think I'll look into it soon.. Right now im working on fitting a k&n air and breather filter, ordered everything today, so goodies should arrive soon  Smiley

IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #14 - 08/11/14 at 14:42:22

Nice man, I'm still debating what to do about air filter and battery setup since I don't hate stock but it looks cool having a more open center. Your bike already looks cool so I wouldn't worry too much about the plate since your options seem limited anyways.

+1 on girl colors!  Cheesy

I'd totally meet up with you to go ride and confuse people with our gender neutral bikes but we are in two different countries   Sad
Gotta confuse people every once in a while to keep them thinking freely and openly lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:21:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My streettrack chopper

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.