Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
dyna muffler conversion (Read 734 times)
49mack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: dyna muffler conversion
Reply #30 - 09/13/14 at 09:16:29

I finished a -49 part # Dyna muffler conversion yestersay using a RYCA  adaptor to clear my brake cable. A few things I didn't like: 1, the adaptor does not fit over the LS650 muffler (the Dyna muffler fits very well into the adaptor). I made 4 each 3/4" deep saw cuts with my dremel tool at the exhaust pipe end and expanded the RYCA adaptor to fit. I used Gator Patch muffler sealer (Auto Zone) to get a good joint. 2, Attach the Gator Patch around the exhaust pipe with some contact cement before you do the final tightening on the RYCA adaptor. Trim it after completion. This will allow you to retain your sanity. 3, Save the pretty RYCA chrome bolt in your "spares" box and install a grade 8 bolt. It takes some serious clamping. I also removed the CA emissions box and cut off the attachment ears leaving just the stock bracket, and painted it. The holes on the -49 Dyna muff do not line up with the stock braket and used a 13mm (head) bolt.  I had to drill a new hole in the bracket about midway between the stock holes and sawed off the extra length, smoothed and filed, etc. I recommend a Harley muffler clamp (all over ebay) to attach the muffler to the RYCA adaptor. Much Stroner that the rusty stock clamp. Then the longest Motorcycle Superstore heat shield neatly completed the job. It really looks nice and adds sleekness to the lines. The Dyna muff is no louder but sounds a bit deeper. I have so much air intake noise from the ebay cone muffler that I can't hear the exhaust at highway speed anyway. All together, this project took about 8 hours, the longest part was grinding and sawing off the emissions box ears, plus a day for the paint to dry. With the RYCA adaptor amgled outward,  the muffler clears my brake cable and aligns parallel to the swingarm.

IP Logged
LENNONg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 09/19/14 at 18:56:49

hey first time posting here, was just wondering if these mufflers would work... the guy says its off an "09 fatboy" any help would be appreciated!

IP Logged
LENNONg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 09/19/14 at 18:57:17

guess my first post couldnt have images.. ahha here u go

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #33 - 09/19/14 at 19:28:28

lennong, looks like they would but not sure if the mounting holes line up or if you will need a bracket as i did. are they local where you can handle them or an internet sale. how much are you having to pay.  share your details here and everyone will keep you in the green so you don't overpay, etc.

check the tech section on this forum for how-to`s.

also, make sure the pipes have baffles and not drilled out straight pipes. our bikes need the back pressure from the baffles.

check out these links
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
LENNONg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 09/19/14 at 21:20:44

stewmills wrote on 09/19/14 at 19:28:28:
lennong, looks like they would but not sure if the mounting holes line up or if you will need a bracket as i did. are they local where you can handle them or an internet sale. how much are you having to pay.  share your details here and everyone will keep you in the green so you don't overpay, etc.

check the tech section on this forum for how-to`s.

also, make sure the pipes have baffles and not drilled out straight pipes. our bikes need the back pressure from the baffles.

check out these links
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417

Thanks for the reply! The guy is local and wants 75 obo for em.. To be honest i dont even have the bike yet, but will be buying one next summer, iv been reading this site over for months and im certain ill be buying an s40/savage

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #35 - 09/20/14 at 04:51:50

you only need one (i bought a pair too though) and the average price ppl here get them for is 20 or 30 each...more than that is too much. i posted a craigslist ad and a guy contacted me and i got two for 40 with heat shields. be patient and educate yourself as you are and you will know what's a bad deal.  heck, you may get lucky and come across freebies. note that some dealers will offer you take-offs but their rates vary by dealer. mine wanted 100 each.  

good luck with your bike hunting. you'll love it.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 02:53:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dyna muffler conversion

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.