PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
2015 Indian Scout
08/08/14 at 05:04:44

Polaris Industries/Indian Motorcycles unveiled their latest model at Sturgis last week ... and aimed a shot right across the bows of Harley-Davidson ... the 1200cc Scout ... absolutely gorgeous and priced the same as the XL1200 Sportsters.

Me like!!

Article here:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/08/03/2015-indian-scout-cruiser-review-first-l...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 2015 Indian Scout
Reply #1 - 08/08/14 at 05:08:39

Well..mostly good.

The exhaust system looks like it came off the cheap plastic toy motorcycles that you get a the Dollar Store.

I really do like the look of the new BIG Indians....I just don't have $ 30,000 to spend on a motorcycle.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 08/08/14 at 05:52:42

I have to agree with Dave, it has the "plastic panel" look.  From the radiator cover, to the head covers, to the under-seat cover & the exhaust; they all have the plastic panel look.  
The big Indian is a beautiful bike, and it looks like a machine, not a collection of panels.
The Scout may run and ride very well but lacks a "mechanical machine look".

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/08/14 at 06:40:07

It is very heavy and I don't want to push that kind of weight in and out of my garage.  I believe the original Scout was designed to be a relatively light weight bike for the engine size which is reflected in the choice of "scout" for the name.  But, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't become the best selling Indian model.  I think the Indian Scout badge and the retro 40's look will appeal to a lot of riders.

What I thought was more interesting in Cycle World was the announcement that the Harley Street 750 is going to be available as a dirt track racer and that Harley had considered this option when they first designed this bike.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 08/08/14 at 06:54:59

+1 on the exhaust.  It's just ugly.

Anybody watching Biker Battleground Phoenix?  I'm not too thrilled with what Shope did with the new Indian, either.
There's a guy with a new big Indian here at work.  I haven't met him yet but see his bike parked where I park my S40.  His has a brown leather seat which looks good but it also has big, brown leather saddlebags with fringes.  Unfortunately, the brown saddlebags just don't go well with the rest of his bike.  Lotta money!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 08/08/14 at 07:24:28

It's going to tank. Fenders are not valanced, no fins on the engine, radiator is emphasized instead minimized... it, like the HD500/750 water coolers and the V-rod, looks like an offshore design exercise that should have stayed off the production line.

Scouts were 45c.i., not 74c.i. engines, and the Jr Scout was 30.50c.i.

indian-ad.jpg

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 08/08/14 at 07:39:50

Well, I for one do like the looks of the new Scout ... kinda "Steampunk" looking LOL!!

The price point is right there with H.D.'s XL1200 line-up, so for the same dollars, I'm guessing some will pay to own the (slightly) more unique and certainly less common Indian Scout ...

A two-into-one exhaust would look better though ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 08/08/14 at 07:49:39

Water-cooled?... Sacrilege!... ...

It looks like an overweight Bolt... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 08/08/14 at 08:01:14

wonder if it's the V-rod engine?

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 08/08/14 at 08:37:31

Did anyone else notice, comparing the Indian water cooler to the real deal, that the factory installed the front fender backwards on the new one...  Roll Eyes

Grin

And I'm pretty sure this engine out uglys the V-Odd...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #10 - 08/08/14 at 08:49:06

Gotta admit, this marketing video is pretty good, though:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zny8Wdpk9Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure if I can embed.

http://youtu.be/Zny8Wdpk9Gk

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 08/08/14 at 10:24:42

I just saw those exact "Wall of Death" folks last month at the AMA vintage days at the Mid Ohio Race course.  It was really a fun show, and he did all those tricks on his old Indian.  The "Intern" fellows were riding a bicycle, and Harley 250cc two-stroke Enduro bikes from the 70's.

It really was a great show.  Loud, thrilling, and worth watching.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:24:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2015 Indian Scout

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.