HD Radio - Opinions? (Read 77 times)
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
HD Radio - Opinions?
08/05/14 at 09:49:45

I'm looking into getting a new head unit for my car, and I'm considering an HD radio receiver.  Does anybody here have any experience with it?  The price difference is about $50 for the one I want.  I'm looking for thoughts and opinions about the difference in quality.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Re: HD Radio - Opinions?
Reply #1 - 08/05/14 at 12:45:15

I hardly listen to the radio anymore; with an SD card player, I'm my own disc jockey, and play music that never makes a station playlist anyway. I suppose when the FCC forces us to go digital, like they did TV, I might consider one.

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 08/05/14 at 20:01:19

Me also.... I purchased a blue tooth capable sony cd/radio for my truck....it links with my cell phone for answering a call or playing the media from it.
I just turn it onto BT and then start the playlist on my phone.... I listen to what I want now, reception or no reception.
It has a plug in the back for external speakers and also one for a microphone that you could clip to your sun visor for better voice volume for those on the other end of the line.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #3 - 08/06/14 at 16:20:22

I use Pandora quite a bit, and I ultimately decided against getting an HD radio.  It seems like a neat technology, but I don't think it'll ever catch on much with the price of the receivers. Undecided

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/06/14 at 21:03:57

How's the road noise in the car?
How are your ears?
Do you Need Hd equipment to enjoy the radio?
ME? I couldn't tell HD from no D..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #5 - 08/08/14 at 06:33:19

JOG, cart is a kia spectra. Road noise is moderate, but not too bad. Fwiw HD Radio is hybrid digital. The radio can swap back and forth between analog and digital signals, and the digital allows for a better sound quality with less noise. I decided against it as I've heard the difference isn't that great, and in certain areas the radio can have issues picking which signal to receive.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:32:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › HD Radio - Opinions?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.