Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FREE Mountain Trip,  pre-paid bed going begging (Read 39 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
FREE Mountain Trip,  pre-paid bed going begging
07/29/14 at 09:40:46

Yes, it is the every other year (late summer) FREE Mountain Trip.   Yup, I am going and it's paid for -- you just gotta feed yourself and put gas in your bike.

Being lazy, and knowing what I like (and what is consistently good) I have reserved Cabin #4 at Blue Ridge Campground on August 27th and 28th for my dawdle in ride.

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

No car, no trailer just my bike w/sleeping bag on the sissy bar.    Spend all day Wednesday proper getting up into the mountains, taking little neat roads all the way.   Stop a lot, shake out the legs as needed.  Sleep in Cabin #4, a guaranteed good snooze (and a good dinner and a civilized non-drunk campfire too).

Thursday the 28th is for EXPLORE and fiddle about the area.

Since I will be there, I will go visit my skin up on Cruso Road way up near the Parkway and I then am going down the other side to go scoot my fat old butt down Sliding Rock.

..... and stop and look at Looking Glass falls.   And since i will be in a wet bathing suit anyway, who knows what I might go do.  

You can swim in that pool a bit if you go over the handrail .....  wouldn't get too close to the fall because of that circular undertow that all falls have.   This one has enough flow and height to make a nasty suction action.

On Friday, I will proceed north to the Hwy 32 cut off, except this time I am going to go straight the frick up that humongous 55o steep arsed hill that has scared us all off so far .....  

(can't be worse than Zuk's driveway, that was about 60o steep)

I will then explore the butt load of rafting places along the Little River on my way up to the Dragon by riding Hwy 32 at least once and I will wind up on that little forbidden ranger road that hits the Dragon itself about midway down.

Always wanted to go down that particular road ....   but you need to do it from the Cove side as it is a one way only single lane road and you have to get permission from the rangers to do it (they will know if it is washed out, etc).

Then I will show up all relaxed and happy and sleep that night (Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th) at the Dragon campground on Dave's single mattress if he brings it, or on a bag and air mattress if he doesn't as the case may be.

It will be a very good mountain trip.

Post here if you want to go ......      

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1404261194/45#45

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 16:59:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › FREE Mountain Trip,  pre-paid bed going begging