Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Allwinner’s $4 quad-core chip now in $60 tablets (Read 24 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Allwinner’s $4 quad-core chip now in $60 tablets
07/28/14 at 08:21:15

http://liliputing.com/2014/07/allwinners-4-quad-core-chip-now-shipping-60-and...

Allwinner’s $4 quad-core chip now shipping in $60 Android tablets

Why is this news?    This is the very least of the new generation of ARM quad core processors that is really actually shipping at this point in time.

It cost $4 to buy in quantity and it goes into $60 at retail 7" tablets with video specs that exceed what top line 7" tablets had 3 years ago.

It means one of these could be considered in place of a Hisense Sero Pro or a Nexus 7 original unit as these units will sell new for less money than a refurbed Hisense sells for right now  .....  

(naw, you'd still be better off to pick the old refurb Sero Pro unit -- the Tegra 3 chip in it had built in GPS which these puppies lack)

However, it will cause the refurb Hisense Sero Pro to take another price dip in the future which will make our handlebar GPS thingies more possible.

=========================

Speaking of which, I have a handle bar mount for my phone coming so I will be posting a TECH thread on rigging up a handlebar mount GPS system based off an old cell phone.   I will use it on my next trip which is at the end of this upcoming month, August ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Allwinner’s $4 quad-core chip now in $60 table
Reply #1 - 07/29/14 at 07:52:45

Intel, not to be outdone by Allwinner, has finally put out their new Shark Cove development board for their new "low power" Intel Atom Z3735G processor.  

And it too is available for cheap (Intel style that is) at only $299.

And, as is obvious just by looking at the development board, Intel still has all their original ongoing issues with very high cost and NO FUNCTIONAL ON CHIP INTEGRATION OF IMPORTANT SUBSYSTEMS.

So, you can buy a $4 completely integrated quad core Allwinner chipset and make a $60 tablet at a real profit (competitively) or you can go on the Intel gravy train and use the Intel processor and take all your profit in price supports.

"Bribes" as an ongoing business plan,     Roll Eyes     my, my, my .....

Issue then becomes when you can't move them and have to sell them at a discount later on down the road (at a loss, of course).  

Does Intel help you out with that cost too?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 19:44:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Allwinner’s $4 quad-core chip now in $60 tablets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.