Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
About to pull the trigger on a raptor petcock, but (Read 297 times)
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Re: About to pull the trigger on a raptor petcock,
Reply #30 - 07/31/14 at 00:14:21

I drove for miles with the lever in each position and it never stalled.  What I suspect, based on the little plastic pieces in my old fuel filter, is that the valve itself in there busted in a way that would allow fuel to flow no matter what.  I don't know exactly what a petcock's guts look like, yet, so I don't know if it would be a gasket or a flange or elven magic in there.

2001 Savage LS 650, capped Supertrapp exhaust, Raptor petcock, Spitfire windshield, raised seat, 3" socket riser, oversize handlebar, sealed battery, wip
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: About to pull the trigger on a raptor petcock,
Reply #31 - 07/31/14 at 00:19:10

Just a couple of notes...

One thing I like about the Raptor pet is that it's settings are intuitive and logical... to me anyway...
Pointed down,... seems to indicate that fuel flows to the engine... condition normal... and it does... lever pointing down is the ON position...
Pointed crosswise,... horizontal... indicates a division between the tank and the engine,... and it is... lever at horizontal is the OFF position...
And,.. lever pointing up to the tank,... seems to indicate a request to the tank to give more,... and it does... lever pointed up, is the RESERVE position...

I love when engineering is logical...
Point at the engine to Run... divide the space between tank and engine horizontally and the fuel is cut off...
Point up to the tank and you get more fuel... Reserve...
I'm at peace... Smiley...  Well... not quite...

Also,... Reserve is less with a Raptor...
... exact amounts can only be measured based on a stock bike...

For instance...  I have taller rear shocks... I have a 140/90 rear tire... I have the rear of tank elevated by 1"... and I have my front suspension beefed up with a 3/4" spacer...
All of these things will change the tilt of the tank, and this will effect the amount of reserve...
Even your body weight changes the front to rear balance of the bike... and will change the reserve level...
Even the amount of tread left on your tires!... Sheesh!... Grin...

The more forward tilt of the tank... the more reserve you will have...

You can also adjust the amount, by altering the length of the ON position pick-up tube...

Not to mention... your mileage may vary... Roll Eyes...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:25:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › About to pull the trigger on a raptor petcock, but

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.