Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread (Read 1497 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread
Reply #135 - 08/25/14 at 11:42:32

MM:

If I did bring the Ninjette.......there would be less worry about the weather as it does have fenders, I can store my rain gear by myself, and I could care less if it gets wet or dirty.  It would also be fun to spend a long weekend riding it, as the seat is more comfortable then the seat on the Cafe'.  (I do have an appointment set up with Kent Upholstery in Indianapolis to build a nice leather seat for the Cafe' bike next month).  I am also going to mount a cigarette lighter plug on the bike tonight so I can power up my phone to navigate with.

So....for the moment lets plan on me bringing the Ninjette.

I did get my poster and have it mounted and hanging on the wall at the office.  I need to update that thread and Thank everyone who voted again.  The real reason for this trip is that I am not getting enough riding done in the summer......and I fully intend to go on 2-3 weekend trips in the coming summers.  I can't take off full weeks in the construction season - but I can take long weekends pretty easy.  

Are we still planning on meeting in Telico Plains on Friday?

Is Oldfeller coming for any of the weekend?

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #136 - 08/25/14 at 11:42:42

Yup, Kent will be safer because I won't be there to kill him accidentally ....

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #137 - 08/25/14 at 12:09:24

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/25/14 at 11:42:42:

Yup, Kent will be safer because I won't be there to kill him accidentally ....

Wink

We will miss you.  I guess I don't need to bring the mattress for the tent, or the restrictor plate for your intake.....or the banana for your tailpipe! Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #138 - 08/25/14 at 20:50:15

Dave wrote:

We will miss you.  I guess I don't need to bring the mattress for the tent, or the restrictor plate for your intake.....or the banana for your tailpipe!   Grin

That's right OldFeller ,  we're going to miss having you around , sure enough !  You still got my cell phone # (I'll check for missed calls when I can ) if you can make it for a day run.   If we meet in Tellico Plains Friday then we might be in your neighbor Saturday; if you know a place to meet let us know  Huh .

Dave can always put the Banana in his storage space just-in-case you can get away !  Wink

Smiley

Dave
I'll ask Kent about meeting at Tellico Plains.  
He's living in southern NC now , so it might be better to meet him South of the Dragon somewhere ???   Its to late to call him now , I hope I remember it earlier tomorrow.  
Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #139 - 08/26/14 at 03:46:23

I just looked at the Website for the Dragon Lodge, and they have a Wounded Warrior event on Saturday.  Good thing I am getting there late Wednesday night and can get our camping spot....might be a crowded weekend.

http://dealsgap.com/images/ads/dragon-run-2014.jpg

Last night I balanced the new tires on the Cafe' bike....made it ride much smoother, and I installed a lighter socket on the Ninja so I can plug in my phone or GPS.  I really hate to leave the Savage Cafe' bike at home - but I am leaning towards bringing the Ninjette.

Dave

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #140 - 08/26/14 at 11:51:02

I don't think you will regret it Dave.... the little ninja is surprising in its handling and cornering... and you get to shift a couple times on occasion!
Though mostly I believe I was in 2nd and 3rd gear with my 300... which has a larger sprocket on the front.
Wear knee pads and lean and throw out the knee!  LOL..... (I don't mean to physically old man throw out yer knee, just lay it down a keep in the curve). Grin Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #141 - 08/26/14 at 18:02:22

old_rider wrote on 08/26/14 at 11:51:02:
Wear knee pads and lean and throw out the knee!  LOL..... (I don't mean to physically old man throw out yer knee, just lay it down a keep in the curve). Grin Grin

Yep....throw out a knee....a hip....my back! Undecided

I have not yet figured out which bike handles better.  The Ninja is definitely a bit more refined than the Cafe'.  It is smoother and the engine doesn't tick and rumble down the road.  I kinda miss not hearing a little "woof" when I shut the Ninja off.......I always feel like the Savage is just saying to me......"Your welcome". Wink

MMRanch.  I am bringing a tent and 2 cots, plus I will have my mattress in my trailer.  You just bring your personal items and bedding.  I will try and remember to bring chairs.

Dave

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #142 - 08/26/14 at 21:57:13

Yea Dave , Bring the Ninja !  Smiley    You'll probably be the quicker of the three of us , and that's Ok  Cool.

MMRanch.  I am bringing a tent and 2 cots, plus I will have my mattress in my trailer.  You just bring your personal items and bedding.  I will try and remember to bring chairs.

Dave

So , we're going to use  ... Your Tent ... ? And Cots ... all I need to bring is my sleeping bag and pack-pack ...  ?? ...  Sounds like the easiest trip yet !  Roll Eyes  I'll  spring for a campsite and a bag of Ice  Smiley.

Kent wants to try-out his "Jungle-Hammock" between two trees.   I'll bring my "Tent Cover Tarp" just in case of rain (prepare for it and it won't happen) .    You got enough chairs ?   And I found a replacement for School Friday so I can leave 9-10:00 Hrs.    

Kent is good with meeting in Tellico Plains , so all we need is a time and place.  

The time - I should be getting there about 14:00 Hrs. and Kent is closer so I suspect he'll be OK with that time frame too , so how does that  fit you timming ?

Place -- what was that place you suggested a few pages back ?   Huh

Looks like a "FUN" weekend at the Dragon !  Grin

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #143 - 08/26/14 at 22:00:18

Dave wrote on 08/26/14 at 18:02:22:
old_rider wrote on 08/26/14 at 11:51:02:

Yep....throw out a knee....a hip....my back! Undecided

I have not yet figured out which bike handles better.  The Ninja is definitely a bit more refined than the Cafe'.  It is smoother and the engine doesn't tick and rumble down the road.  I kinda miss not hearing a little "woof" when I shut the Ninja off.......I always feel like the Savage is just saying to me......"Your welcome". Wink

Dave

old_rider<<< is seriously thinking of sneaking away for a couple of days.... I wonder if she would miss me? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #144 - 08/26/14 at 22:55:25

Old Rider

Put one of those bikes on a trailer and "COME-ON",   I can always bring a tent and you can have my place in the one Dave is bring !  Wink   Or if Dave's is big enough you can have the cot and I'll take my "Pad + Sleeping Bag".  Smiley and leave mine on the bike !  Cool .   Its going to be trip to be remembered !!!

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #145 - 08/26/14 at 23:14:34

Only about 10 hours for me.... and I have a two person tent and a pad. Trying to talk her into letting me go....lol... that could prove interesting.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #146 - 08/27/14 at 03:33:41

The place I thought we could meet is this place.
http://www.tellico-plains.com/tellico-kats.html

Tellico Kats Deli
Delicatessen & General Store
1829 Cherohala Skyway
Tellico Plains TN 37385
Telephone: 423-253-3411
eMail: tellicokats@gmail.com

Load that address into your Garmin.....14:00 is when you expect to arrive?  I have your cell phone number...mine is 859-468-3458.

old-rider:  Come on up!  We never did get in more than a single ride together last year.  MMRanch and I are determined to find Wayah Road this time!  You better get crackin'....you are going to have to leave sometime Thursday if you want to ride over to Tellico Plains on Friday morning to meet MM and Kent.

old_rider:  Watch this.....and see if you can make it happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvujknrBuE

Dave  

« Last Edit: 08/27/14 at 06:55:35 by Dave »  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #147 - 08/27/14 at 07:52:02

Old Rider

This  works every time for me : Wink  
    Say,  I'm going to go ride the Dragon - You want-a-go ? (really hopeful  like  Roll Eyes).   When she says "not this time" act really disapointed   )  :'( , some times she actually goes  Cool and that's the icing on the cake !
     Then she says : "When will ya be back ? "

http://www.thedragonrun2014.blogspot.com/p/schedule-of-event.html

Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #148 - 08/27/14 at 08:27:27

OK...I am about to unplug the computer and throw it in the car for the trip.  I have a foundation project to inspect on the way home, have to stop and buy a bag of dog food (for the dog....not for the Dragon), then go home and pack everything up and head off to my 7:00 PM meeting.  As soon as they are done with me.....I am on the road south.

Not sure how well I will be able to connect to the internet when I arrive.....I suppose once I check in they can provide me a WiFi connection.  Once I am out riding you can reach me by phone (859-468-3458) if I am in an area with cell reception.

Over the weekend I will update this thread with photos and commentary if the internet connection allows.

Let the Games Begin! Grin

Dave  

« Last Edit: 08/27/14 at 13:05:36 by Dave »  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #149 - 08/28/14 at 08:33:43

Fellers

I'm leaving Friday Morning and Kent will too.   If anybody else is going to be there  let me know by this evening and I'll bring a tent / otherwise I'll plan on using 1/2 of Dave's.  

The Games are ON !  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:24:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.