Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print
Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread (Read 1497 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread
Reply #120 - 08/15/14 at 07:31:35

Well.....at this point I am not committed to anything.

The planned weekend appears crappy....maybe it will improve before we actually have to make the call to cancel the group gathering.

The weekend of the 22,23,24 now looks great, and I could drive down on the Friday and spend the night in the campground, ride around Saturday and watch the 50cc Carnival on Saturday night, and come home Sunday.  That would not necessarily preclude me coming down again the next weekend.  This could well be a solo trip however...as MM is busy that weekend and Oldfeller most likely is booked to work.

I guess at this point....we wait and see and adapt our plans around he 25th/26th.  I can't get away the weekend of September 5th

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #121 - 08/15/14 at 09:33:54

Well, I have cancelled my vacation at work since it was rained out on the days I was taking off at work.   (Weds-Friday)

Feel free to go up the weekend previous while the weather is really nice.

..... so it goes .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #122 - 08/15/14 at 10:39:56

Well it sure is a shame that after 9 pages of planning and discussing....the weekend may end up cancelled.

I am just gonna have to see what the weather allows, and what MM and Kent plan on doing.  There is still 2 weeks for the weather to decide to cooperate and get sunny. Wink The Saturday/Sunday/Monday weather looks to be better, and at the end of the month I don't have any meetings....so it doesn't make any difference if I take off on Thurs/Frid....or Mon/Tues.  I do have a meeting Tuesday night that I should be home for - but I could miss that one if the weather turns out really great.  They have meetings every 2 weeks and I could go to the 2nd one in September.

Dave

« Last Edit: 08/15/14 at 11:58:36 by Dave »  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #123 - 08/15/14 at 20:52:27

Guys

The weather people can't get the weather right 2 days out much less 2 WEEKS out !  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #124 - 08/16/14 at 14:18:36

Allright

My plan is to wait till tuesday the 26th - then check the weather forecast.  If the weather still don't look good I'll call kent and suggest we meet Saturday instead of Friday !   Wink  

Actually when your retired the weekend never ends !   I can meet on  a Monday and not know it from a Saturday  ... except for the crowd !  Roll Eyes   I'm not sure about  Kent's schule  .  

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/august-weather/12174_pc
There is hardly a cloud in the forecast for the whole weekend ???   The weather is Perfect  !!!     Huh Huh Huh  
Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #125 - 08/16/14 at 16:54:58

Well...Sorry I panicked everyone...but just a day ago the forecast become horrible.  I agree.....we just need to be flexible and see what happens.

The bad thing is Oldfeller has to lock in his vacation two weeks ahead!  That sure makes it hard for him.

Dave

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #126 - 08/16/14 at 21:30:34

Yea , not all retirement jobs are the best things !  Sad

Makes me realize just how Blessed I am.   I still have things I have to do , but I get to make my own schedule .  

Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #127 - 08/18/14 at 04:59:30

Well the weather forecast has changed again.....the storms are back.

We are just going to have to wait and see.

I rode the Ninja on a fairly long ride Saturday morning.  It has tie downs on the seat that I could use to attach a pack, and the magnetic tank bag I have fits well.  It would be pretty good in the wet as it does have functional fenders.  On Sunday I rode the Cafe' Savage.....I like it better as the ride is smoother, more power, and it seems to handle just as well.

We got about 10 days to find out what the weather is really going to do.  We don't work on Labor Day.....so I could actually extend the stay over Sunday night and into Monday if the weather proves to be better.

Oldfeller.....are you out completely....even a day or two on the weekend?  

Dave

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #128 - 08/18/14 at 09:08:58

Guys, I won't plan anything until after this upcoming weekend's football game.

My knees are still reeling from the start of school (hundreds of unlocks as kids leave their keys inside their other pants, gym locker, etc.   Lots of flights of stairs, etc.)

I generally take several days just to recover my hip from standing up all day at a football game, so we will have to see about mobility, pain level and weather.

Right now, if I was guessing, I'd think odds are good that weather isn't going to be totally wonderful and the joints will tend to be bad.

Tongue

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #129 - 08/19/14 at 10:25:23

Well Guys !

"These are the GOOD old days"  I hate to miss a one of them !

That being said ---- If there is a 75% chance of Rain I'll be inclined to believe the Good Lord has something else for  me to do and is making it hard to do the stuff on my agenda so I'll do his agenda !  (Does that make any sense)

Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #130 - 08/19/14 at 10:37:37

Yes it does.

I can remember looking at a 4 foot deep whirlpool swirling in a Black & Decker parking lot -- swirling around a drain while I called a bunch of moms to cancel an Awana canoe camping trip  -- the good Lord made that one pretty clear to me.

« Last Edit: 08/24/14 at 05:58:54 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #131 - 08/19/14 at 11:54:04

Hey!

I got a bit of practice riding the Ninjette in the rain last night!

I rode over to a friends house to pick up a manual, and the weather was spotty showers.....and I "spotted" one!

I was on the interstate and the bike didn't throw any water on my back, on my shoes, or up my nose!  It didn't last long - but it was pretty hard for a few minutes.

About a week more....and we can make the go/no-go decision.  As I have mentioned....I can stay over to Monday if the weather is more promising....maybe even Tuesday if I stay in town Thursday and/or Friday and work those days.
Dave

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #132 - 08/22/14 at 05:25:44

OK....so I try not too watch the forecast too much......just a 2 or 3 times each day! Roll Eyes

The weather forecast is looking incredibly good.  I hope it stays that way. Cool

Dave

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #133 - 08/25/14 at 09:40:37

Unless the weather folks changer their minds again....the weekend is looking pretty good.  Might have to dodge and afternoon thunder storm on occasion.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/august-weather/12174_pc

Dave

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #134 - 08/25/14 at 11:18:24

Dave

You know Kent will be bring his 99HP Triumph.  Huh   and
We have a "slight" possibility of rain     Undecided

so

You thinking about bring a bike with fenders ?   Cheesy
I'm thinking about bring the bike that Kent ain't seen yet (883) unless your bring your (you named that contraption yet ? ) S-40.  I  suppect    Huh   the "Little Bike" might be a touch quicker around the corners , but not much if any ???  Tongue .

What ever happened to the thing that motivated this trip anyway ?
You remember the "BIKE OF THE WEEK" thingiee       Huh
Did they give ya a "T-shirt" or anything ?

Any excuse for a ride is better than none , Not that I need an excuse or anything !  Smiley  
Kent's a really easy-going type but gets a little like OldFeller with a pair of HandleBars in his hands.   Last time we rode the Dragon he was on a Honda V-65 and I was on my First S-40.   and we were evenly matched.   He'd pull away in the straits and I'd brake in the corners to keep from running him over, but with me in front I couldn't seem to get away from him very long becouse the corners wern't close enough together.  It was fun !  Cool.   But we're going to be safer this time ...  Roll Eyes

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:27:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.