Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread (Read 1497 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread
Reply #105 - 08/11/14 at 16:05:03

OldFeller

Dave and I found a "LooP"  you just  got-a ride !    You remember the road going up to the parkway from the campground ?    Well , we went up that way and got on the parkway , but , it was like riding through a thick cloud so we got off at the next exit.   That when the fun started !  Smiley    by the time we got to the next town it was time for Gas allready  (and a rest-up and unwind) .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #106 - 08/11/14 at 18:55:52

Get up in them clouds and you can get culmliothelioma from breathing in all that cloud stuff  .....

We aren't going to be close to there --- but I will be carrying a small one gallon gas can on this trip to try to bridge those unexpected miles.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #107 - 08/12/14 at 03:48:19

Oldfeller:

You can take that road when you are at the Blue Ridge Campground.  I believe the road back down was "125"......back me up on that one MM.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #108 - 08/12/14 at 08:04:23

Well ?

I don't  remember the # ,  It seems like it was the first chance to get down out of the clouds .    I'm short on time now , but can look it up latter !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #109 - 08/12/14 at 08:52:42

Wednesday is reserved for Soccer Mom and the girls over at Sliding Rock.

..... or for me to recover from the 6 hour ride in, you takes your pick according to the knees at the time.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #110 - 08/12/14 at 10:51:36

Hay !

Its about a 6 hr ride for me too .   Huh

I have found some-one to fill in for me Friday the 29th,  so I can leave before noon.    I should have a ETA of about 1600hrs.   If its a hot day the skyway ought to be nice and cool !  Cool

Things are looking GOOD !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #111 - 08/12/14 at 13:40:57

So far the weather forecast improves a little bit each day.  I just got a new tail light for the Savage Cafe'.....the old one has crapped out from too much water getting inside it while MM was dragging me through 3 states in the clouds and rain  I will get this one sealed up to make it weather tight.....and get it mounted ASAP.

I also just ordered new tires for the Ninja and should be able to get them mounted this weekend.  If the weather looks like it will be kind wet.........I might bring the Ninja 250!   I will get some miles on it firs to make sure it is reliable....so far it is a blast to ride.

Dave

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #112 - 08/12/14 at 20:58:22

Does the Ninja have "Fenders" ?  Roll Eyes

Will we be able to keep-up with ya ?  Grin

Why not ?   If it works for ya !  Smiley

I've looked at those Chinese 250's and though  Huh , looks like fun !  Smiley

Its more fun to ride a slow bike fast ,, than a fast bike slow !  Wink

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #113 - 08/13/14 at 02:26:33

Dragon                      http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/august-weather/12174_pc

School is back in session.   After two days I am back to taking double doses of knee meds and dreading them ugly football games (stand up for 8 hours kills me for days now).

Plan has devolved back to using the bike trailer again and trying to conserve the knees ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #114 - 08/13/14 at 03:18:59

Zuk's kid was similar in size to Dave and he kept up with Zuk and me just fine on a bone stock Ninja 250.

Dave will have to keep the little engine revv'd up good but he can make the same hp as a Savage, he's just down a bit on response torque coming out of a turn.

He'll do just fine.

Who knows, this trip we may run a little slower instead of a little faster .... we are all up in our 60's now you know.

I'll carry a 1 gallon gas can since I am the only one limited to ~85 miles between fill ups.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #115 - 08/13/14 at 05:11:33

I will bring the Savage Cafe' if the weather forecast is promising, as it remains my bike of choice for dry weather riding.  However the Ninja has big fenders, a comfy seat and lots of bodywork to help keep me dry if the weather is wet.  My Cafe' bike throws water everywhere and it really is not a great bike to ride in the rain.  I sit more upright on the Ninja than the Cafe' bike - which was a bit of a surprise to me.

The new Ninja tires come today and those are definitely a necessity...the current tires have 9,700 miles on them and are 12 years old....and they were crappy OEM Dunlop K630 tires that nobody likes even when they they were new.

Dave

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #116 - 08/14/14 at 07:50:38

That little Ninja sounds kinda  Cool  ,  Maby you should just ride it instead of chopping it into something else ?   Huh

I'd kinda like to have something like an old Honda 360 twin scrambler to ride sometimes  or a Honda XL650R type bike .?.

This time I plan to bring the S-40 , with its wide seat and floorboards . Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #117 - 08/14/14 at 09:13:39

MMRanch wrote on 08/14/14 at 07:50:38:
That little Ninja sounds kinda  Cool  ,  Maybe you should just ride it instead of chopping it into something else ?   Huh

I'd kinda like to have something like an old Honda 360 twin scrambler to ride sometimes  or a Honda XL650R type bike .?.

This time I plan to bring the S-40 , with its wide seat and floorboards . Smiley

What I plan on for the Ninja will not change how it rides or handles, just how it looks. (And it will double the dollars I have in it!).  I put the new tires on it last night....it rides so much better now.

The future weather forecast looks really good right now....we will wait and see which bike I bring.  Might be fun to bring the Ninja and let you ride it.....they are pretty cheap to buy and more fun than you would expect.  That little motor sure does become a screamer from 8,000 to 10,000 rpm!

Dave

NINJACafe_001.jpg

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #118 - 08/15/14 at 03:17:35

Oh Crap!  I looked at the long term weather forecast this morning, and it has been revised to a horribly wet forecast for our weekend.  Hope they made (are making) a huge mistake in their forecast. Sad

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #119 - 08/15/14 at 04:45:53

Well now, that doesn't look very good.   I checked surrounding areas and the forecast is consistent, so those are some major systems coming through with some high winds associated with them.

Normal thunderstorms get you wet, STRONG thunderstorms can flat-assed blind you with the deluge & wash/blow your butt right off the road.  

Tents don't always stay watertight during a strong thunderstorm.   Winds in a strong thunderstorm can do bad things to thin nylon tents .....

Good news is the Dragon Lodge will likely be getting a cancellation or two on a room right about now.

Bad news is that I don''t want to spend the extra days up there in weather like that -- I am cancelling my room at Blue Ridge Campground for Wednesday & Thursday while I still can do it for free (2 weeks out).

You guys call the shot on the main weekend trip.

Dragon               http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/august-weather/12174_pc

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:29:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.